Into The Woods

Can we go yet?

I have only seen a few musicals outside of the Disney ones, Wicked and Joseph the Amazing Technicolor Dreamboat, but I really like how Into the Woods songs sound and it looks to be really good, I especially like the song with the Witch and Rapunzel, reminds me of Tangled a lot, manipulative but motherly. I've heard the ending of the play is, uh, different, but we will all have to wait and see it seems.

Sped2424

I have only seen a few musicals outside of the Disney ones, Wicked and Joseph the Amazing Technicolor Dreamboat, but I really like how Into the Woods songs sound and it looks to be really good, I especially like the song with the Witch and Rapunzel, reminds me of Tangled a lot, manipulative but motherly. I've heard the ending of the play is, uh, different, but we will all have to wait and see it seems.
The difference here is that the witch actually cares for rapunzel and even though she keeps her in a tower it's stemmed from love and wanting to "protect" her. Where as gothel could care less if rapunzel was who she was, it could have been anyone or anything so long as it had the flower. That's why I like the dynamic in Into the woods much more. The witch knows first hand how cruel and evil the world can be, and she thinks by keeping rapunzel away from it she is doing her a service.

Sped2424

Also preview list for all the songs has been released on the uk version of itunes.http://www.broadwayworld.com/articl...undtrack-Preview-Clips-Now-Available-20141111
Things to note
I am super impressed with meryl streep, where was this singing in mamma mia? Seriously she is killing it as are emily blunt and anna kendrick. All in all I am so wonderfully surprised at the vocal ability being displayed here. Everyone go listen to the preview of stay with me, seriously meryl killed it. Wouldn't be surprised if this ends with ANOTHER oscar nomination for her. No doubt disney is prepping this film for that.

Last edited:

Sped2424

Other things to note
Witch's rap cut
Ever after cut
No more cut
And certain lyrics and words are changed here and there. Also no narrator, that part is being divided into the witch and the mysterious man. Seems a much more darker version of the play if anything. Ironically enough as folks were worried disney would lighten the story.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom