AVATAR land coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

Matt_Black

I personally don't think this a good idea. First of all, Avatar is not known by many small children now a days and it interests most adults/teenagers/older children. I think AK should keep Disney, Disney instead of taking a leap and adding this new addition. I previously went last November and I saw no progress, nor an area blocked off.

How many small children have heard of The Twilight Zone?

RayTheFirefly

RayTheFirefly

most of these articles are very basic/101 stuff for the average person to read not for the folks on this board....i originally saw this on twitter
Yeah, I know... but to refer to "Avatar Land" as a "new theme park" and then to state briefly below that it's actually just a section of an existing park... bad reporting and misleading. And then they included a picture of the Pandora concept art but put it next to Fox World in Malaysia? I can't believe people get paid to do such sub-par work.

Last edited:

twebber55

Yeah, I know... but to refer to "Avatar Land" as a "new theme park" and then to state briefly below that it's actually just a section of an existing park... bad reporting and misleading. And then they included a pictures of the Pandora concept art but put it next to Fox World in Malaysia? I can't believe people get paid to do such sub-par work.
i ve noticed this a lot with parks..like with Universal and and the WWOHP

Siren

https://twitter.com/CNNTravel/status/524062355278163968 comments are funny/interesting goes to show you the average person has no idea whats coming to theme parks...another thing interesting was people who had no idea this was Pandora was calling it pandora

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/10/19/travel/future-theme-parks/index.html
Thanks so much for sharing this. This is what I have said from the very beginning! I was never thrilled when I heard the plans for the New Fantasyland, it turned out exactly as I expected -- a cute little kiddie land, it's beautiful so I can appreciate it for what it is. But, when I heard the news for Avatarland, I couldn't believe Disney ventured out on something so bold & amazing looking. And, it's not the first time I have observed that kind of reaction from the public, either. People really want to experience Pandora, and it's so genius that three more ground breaking Avatar installments are slated for release to coincide with the grand opening of Pandora. It's going to be very exciting.

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
Not sure if anyone point this out but Disney has filed patents for Hydroponic Nutrient Delivery. My first thought is, it's hard to patent a known nutrient delivery system this must be something in the works for Living with the Land. Then I read the patent.

http://www.freshpatents.com/-dt20140925ptan20140283451.php

Turns out, it's most likely for the AVATAR area. They are going to get plants to express desired effects through application of this array delivery system. At least, that's my take away becasue this is one way I would do it.. Images are unavailable at the moment.

Sorry if it's old news....

*1023*

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Not sure if anyone point this out but Disney has filed patents for Hydroponic Nutrient Delivery. My first thought is, it's hard to patent a known nutrient delivery system this must be something in the works for Living with the Land. Then I read the patent.

http://www.freshpatents.com/-dt20140925ptan20140283451.php

Turns out, it's most likely for the AVATAR area. They are going to get plants to express desired effects through application of this array delivery system. At least, that's my take away becasue this is one way I would do it.. Images are unavailable at the moment.

Sorry if it's old news....

*1023*

I could see this as something they could use almost anywhere.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
WDW isn't just for small children.

Are you sure? I dropped mine off there a couple of months ago and am just getting ready to pick them up. Before you assume I'm a bad parent, I dropped them off on 8/15 with specific instructions to meet in WoD at 9AM on 11/15. They had 3 day park hoppers and 20 bucks for food, so I figure they'll be fine.

Of course those two are brilliant, but why not add another brilliant mind to the mix. I think JC has a different vision than both of them. I mean come on he wrote a 400 page encyclopedia about Pandora. That's dedication and being a perfectionist. Which is exactly what makes me so excited about this expansion.

What a nerd.

Kitchandro

Wow. Cannot believe people are genuinely excited by this. You people have terrible taste in films.

Regardless of how I feel though, you're kidding yourselves if you think Avatar is popular enough to warrant it's own land. People were barely impressed when it came out, it's completely off the radar now. If I asked someone about it they'd say 'oh yeh, that film with all the special effects. What was that about again? Those blue people?'.

In any case it's certainly not something that should have it's own land in a park based on some of the most iconic films ever made.

Matt_Black

Regardless of how I feel though, you're kidding yourselves if you think Avatar is popular enough to warrant it's own land. People were barely impressed when it came out, it's completely off the radar now. If I asked someone about it they'd say 'oh yeh, that film with all the special effects. What was that about again? Those blue people?'.

Ask someone now to sum up any episode of The Twilight Zone and you'd get a similar vague ramble that may or may not be accurate. Is Tower of Terror a bad ride?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom