The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Let's just say I am very protective of Texas and am extremely appreciate of the opportunities given to me here as a child and as an adult. And there is not another place where I would want to raise my child.

As you've seen, I don't support the outrage either. 'Easy' has a double meaning and our friend, English is a second language and I was guessing that didn't translate. Me, I am not an alarmist, especially over text books. Bigger fishes.

Gabe1

This kinda makes me sad. To each his own and all, and maybe I'm stuck in yesteryear: where a home was a happy place for families. Some families entertained, of course, but the focus was welcoming friends and relatives to your home, exchanging pleasant conversation, and sharing a nice home-cooked meal. I don't recall people having the need to show off expensive entertainment centers, etc., in their homes.

(I'll just retreat now to watch my reruns of Little House on the Prairie . . . :facepalm: )

When my icky BIL asked us (at a Birthday Party in my home in front of a room full of people) why we haven't bought a different home,(he has a McMansion) my response was because this one was paid for and I didn't want to work only to pay a mortgage. I never forgot that. Creep.

My home is of average size, it is very old as is this town and I love my home. My kids have only known this town and this home. *echo's of the song, my home town now rattling in my head.*

My house was paid for by the time I was 37. Peace of mind.

Gabe1

My brother's elementary school started teaching ballroom dancing when he was there because the middle school complained about inappropriate dancing at school events. Now that the program at his and other elementary schools has been going on for several years, the problem with the inappropriate dancing in middle school has gotten a bit better.

I never went to any school dances, including prom. They carried zero appeal for me.

My DS went to most. My DD went to her first homecoming and last, prom. Done. Went to prom just 'cause she felt people would ask why not forever. She went with one of her bestie guy friends. Worked well.

Gabe1

We should wait until a few more weigh in, but I'm good with being a Chat-Packer!

It was meant more along the lines of The Rat Pack (back in the day) not Packer but what ev, I just tossed it out there. Someone else come up with something then.

Ha! A pack is very different than a Packer as was also suggested. :joyfull:

Last edited:

Gabe1

Well I've been skip'n around a lot the last several days, caught up somewhat on posts and by quotes. Now calling it quits. Hope I didn't miss anything good or miss a quote I should have responded to. If I have, ooops, sorry in advance.

Gabe1

Warning: *soapbox*

Reasons to stay out of stores on Thanksgiving Day:

IMG_0348.jpg

DSC_02586-638x359.jpg

1620493_10204094029563450_5357016456852327717_n-638x850.jpg

Posted in employee breakroom.:cautious:

Gabe1

I'm not surprised. Most people outside of New Mexico don't know what green Chile is or don't like it. It's funny, people will eat Indian, all types of Asian, and other ethnic food, but green Chile is something they won't even try. It's not even adventurous maybe that is why people say no to it.

I actually make a pear salsa with green Chile, but being a traditionalist, it has no place on my pizza pie.:p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom