The Spirited Back Nine ...

wogwog

Perhaps I shouldn't mention my moment of weakness today and how I bought an Olaf v neck shirt.

But, since FINALLY disney realizes that adults also like frozen, and it's a v-neck (the besssttttt!) and the price was right. Yep, it's mine.

Five Below yall. Four different shirts, adult sizes (though they run very small, an xl is more like a normal medium) and $5 each.
Seek medical help. ;)

Bairstow

But having seen there was a comic strip for Rocky and Bullwinkle done in the 60s and Dudley Do Right was a character in that series of characters. Done.

No, not done.
Dudley Do-Right originated as a character for TV animation.
As did Rocky the Flying Squirrel, Bullwinkle J. Moose, and all the Jay Ward characters.

Are you arguing that because there was later a comic strip marketed based on the television show that this somehow retroactively qualifies Dudley Do-Right as a work of "literature?"

If it was an IP based park from the beginning then please explain Lost Continent and Port of Entry. What IP are they based on? Go on .... oh wait your thesis doesn't stand scrutiny. OK pal.

It's not so much that Islands is an entirely intellectual property-based park, it's that it's emphatically not a park based on the concept of "literature".

Come to think of it, between 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, Cinderella, The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, Pinocchio, The Swiss Family Robinson, Through the Looking-Glass and The Wind in the Willows it's easier to make a case that the Magic Kingdom was built as a literature-based park than Islands of Adventure was.

SirLink

Islands thematic glue is literature. Each land is based on a literature IP or type of literature. That is that. The intellectual property based park is DHS. Also it would be a stretch to call a MK a literature based park.

lazyboy97o

No, not done.
Dudley Do-Right originated as a character for TV animation.
As did Rocky the Flying Squirrel, Bullwinkle J. Moose, and all the Jay Ward characters.

Are you arguing that because there was later a comic strip marketed based on the television show that this somehow retroactively qualifies Dudley Do-Right as a work of "literature?"
Toon Lagoon being whatever could be acquired is rather well known, but its design is clearly focused on comics.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Hello from free Christmas time overlays....
image.jpg

stevehousse

Teaser for the Jurassic World trailer coming Thanksgiving is already making me teary-eyed

Speaking of Jurassic world, apparently th Asian scientist from the first movie had a larger role in this new film! The guy that helped with the raptor eggs hatching when they first started the tour...

Soarin' Over Pgh

Good to hear. I prefer V necks (they are the besssstttt!) and can NEVER find a good Disney one (for men at least). Ive been thinking about just making my own. Dont know how difficult that would be to make a quality one though.

Messaged you. :)

For anyone who's a fan of The Muppets Christmas Carol, it's now available on Netflix and looks fantastic. I can't tell if it was maybe digitally enhanced or if I became so used to my moms VHS copy that this looks great in comparison.... But it really does look fab.

bhg469

Messaged you.

For anyone who's a fan of The Muppets Christmas Carol, it's now available on Netflix and looks fantastic. I can't tell if it was maybe digitally enhanced or if I became so used to my moms VHS copy that this looks great in comparison.... But it really does look fab.
I used to manage a video store in my younger days and that was on the approved list. You bet I had that on repeat ...err.... rewind all night.

RSoxNo1

Messaged you. :)

I'm pretty sure it came out on Blu Ray fairly recently.

Edit: Missed this, sorry:
It was released to Blu-ray in 2012 and was remastered for that.

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
He was part of the original invite! Keep up dave!
I'll Give @71jason a dollar ala "Walter White" style for the attorney privledge and a bar tab to @PhotoDave219 to suppress the compromising photos if you include me...

Fun activities may include:
Creative alternative uses for the Magic Handcuffs.
Creative alternate uses for Memory Maker.
Line bombing guest relations.
Photo bombing all photos taken by Disney's Photo folks.
hmmmm.....

*1023*

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom