Breakfast: Which Cafe? Kona Cafe or Whispering Canyon Cafe

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I was going to explore the MK resorts and their decorations regardless in the morning. I'm now leaning toward Whispering Canyon. My route would be this:
1. Bus from POR to MK
2. Boat from MK to WL
3. ADR at Whispering Canyon (explore WL)
4. Boat from WL to MK
5. Monorail from MK to CR, Poly, and GF. Stop and explore at each. Return to MK monorail station.
7. Bus back to POR for downtime
8. Return to MK approx 3:30 for MVMCP

Follow up question: I've heard it can be loud with all the kids running around. At least you may not want to get a dinner ADR there if you're looking for something quiet. What about breakfast?

Depends. The wait staff is louder than the kids, though. If you are looking for a nice quiet breakfast, I would go with the Café at Grand Floridian - the pancakes are excellent, especially if they have the citrus seasonal pancakes. Plus, you can order a mimosa with your breakfast to start the day. :) I would just rearrange your day starting with Step 2 - take the boat from MK to GF, breakfast, monorail to CR, Poly to explore each resort. Monorail back to either MK or GF and boat from either to Wilderness. Boat from Wilderness back to MK and bus to POR.

LAKid53

Premium Member
@JohnD .....you can take a boat directly from The WL to The CR. When you go to the boat ramp, the boat on your left as you walk down will take you to the MK (via Fort Wilderness I think) and the boat on your right as you walk down the ramp will take you to The CR. Then from The CR.....you can hop the monorail to the Poly and GF. Just another option. I was there last week and the gingerbread house in the lobby of the GF was just being constructed. Enjoy! :cat:

I believe you have the boats routes backwards. The boat on the left takes you directly to MK with no stops in between. The boat on the right takes you to the Fort Wilderness Campgrounds and Contemporary.

In addition, you can take a boat from GF to Wilderness, if I remember correctly.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I believe you have the boats routes backwards. The boat on the left takes you directly to MK with no stops in between. The boat on the right takes you to the Fort Wilderness Campgrounds and Contemporary.

In addition, you can take a boat from GF to Wilderness, if I remember correctly.
Just returned from WL. Both sides of the dock are used for Contemporary. The Contemporary boat is always a small boat and the boat to MK is large.

There is no boat from GF to WL. There is a boat from MK that goes to GF and continues to the Poly.

Tinkerbell397

@Tuvalu is correct....there is no boat from the GF to The WL. In order to get to the Spa at The GF, I took a boat from The WL to The CR and then the monorail to The GF.
I stand corrected about the boat stops in my previous post....The MK boat is direct while the smaller boat stops at Fort Wilderness. :cat:

LAKid53

Premium Member
@Tuvalu is correct....there is no boat from the GF to The WL. In order to get to the Spa at The GF, I took a boat from The WL to The CR and then the monorail to The GF.
I stand corrected about the boat stops in my previous post....The MK boat is direct while the smaller boat stops at Fort Wilderness. :cat:[/QUOTE}

Yeah, I was getting my boats confused...part of the "getting old" syndrome. Spend too much time trying to determine which Disney transportation will get me to my ADR the fastest from my current location..... Stayed at Saratoga Springs last week and it took an hour by bus to get to Downtown Disney - it's a 5 minute ride once you leave the resort. Would have walked if we'd been more familiar with the new walking path, but didn't want to get lost in the cold and dark. And the directions from the "door man" were confusing.....

JohnD

Original Poster
Loved the Big Kahuna. Had the Tonga Toast before. A couple next to me each ordered the Samoan. Looked very good. Will have to try it in the future.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom