Back from the Wonder 4 nights Nov 19 sailing

tink66

Original Poster
Actually Im sitting on my balcony in Port of Miami waiting to be allowed to leave.
Had some fun but lots of disappointments.
The Good:
The size of Adult pool
Adult pool hot tubs in the rain
The staff
Hero 6
Food (although husband disagrees didn't like it at all)
Met some very very nice people on the cruise.
Didnt rain on Castaway Cay

Disappointments
I prefer the Dream Over the Wonder.
Seasick 3 of the four nights
Rough seas
Couldnt dock in key West because of the weather (The whole reason I picked this itinerary was to stop in Key West so I was very disappointed)
Rain, lots if rain
I will definitely go another Disney cruise but it would have to be the fantasy or the dream.

ChuckElias

Unfortunately, tink, the Dream and Fantasy don't ever go to Key West :( So, if you hope to visit that port with DCL, you'll have to be on one of the classic ships.

On the topic of your husband's disappointment with the food, I will say that while I have had many, MANY more excellent meals than disappointing meals on DCL, there is definitely an inconsistency in food quality in the classic ships' rotational restaurants.

tink66

Original Poster
Unfortunately, tink, the Dream and Fantasy don't ever go to Key West :( So, if you hope to visit that port with DCL, you'll have to be on one of the classic ships.

On the topic of your husband's disappointment with the food, I will say that while I have had many, MANY more excellent meals than disappointing meals on DCL, there is definitely an inconsistency in food quality in the classic ships' rotational restaurants.
We live in Florida so we will just have to take the drive
I will stick with the bigger ships.
The food was a little more "theme park "ish" I dont mind but hubby got sick of it quick!
I know you go on other lines which do you like if we wanted to try another knowing we prefer the newer ships??
I want to try anywhere besides Nassau next time lolol

ChuckElias

We live in Florida so we will just have to take the drive
That's quite a drive, even from Miami, isn't it?

I know you go on other lines which do you like if we wanted to try another knowing we prefer the newer ships??
You have so many great choices, living in Florida. If you really like the big ships, then I would suggest that you check out the Oasis or the Allure of the Seas, sailing from Ft. Lauderdale. They're both huge. Very cool ships, I've also heard great things about the shows onboard. Here is a link to a photo album on my Facebook page with pictures of the Allure.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.320500308037795.76594.303331049754721&type=3

If it's inappropriate to post that link, I hope a mod will simply let me know and I'll take it down.

I want to try anywhere besides Nassau next time lolol
I feel your pain. But I've come to appreciate Nassau, because everybody gets off the ship and leaves everything with no lines for ME!!

(Edit!) I just checked the itineraries and the Oasis has an Eastern itinerary which includes Nassau. But the Allure usually does a Western itinerary that includes Labadee, Falmouth, and Cozumel.

tink66

Original Poster
That's quite a drive, even from Miami, isn't it?

You have so many great choices, living in Florida. If you really like the big ships, then I would suggest that you check out the Oasis or the Allure of the Seas, sailing from Ft. Lauderdale. They're both huge. Very cool ships, I've also heard great things about the shows onboard. Here is a link to a photo album on my Facebook page with pictures of the Allure.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.320500308037795.76594.303331049754721&type=3

If it's inappropriate to post that link, I hope a mod will simply let me know and I'll take it down.

I feel your pain. But I've come to appreciate Nassau, because everybody gets off the ship and leaves everything with no lines for ME!!

(Edit!) I just checked the itineraries and the Oasis has an Eastern itinerary which includes Nassau. But the Allure usually does a Western itinerary that includes Labadee, Falmouth, and Cozumel.
Thanks so much! It's funny those are the two ships I thought about trying. Are they as clean as Disney do you think I would like them? LOL I know you don't know me but are they comparable as far as cleanliness

ChuckElias

Are they as clean as Disney do you think I would like them? LOL I know you don't know me but are they comparable as far as cleanliness
I would say that they are. I was on the Allure more than 2 years ago (May of '12), but I was pretty impressed with the condition of the ship at the time. The neighborhood concept is really cool, as are the "interior balconies".

I can't address the food at all, because they only gave us fingerfoods while we were onboard, sorry. However, I was overall very satisfied with the food on the Explorer of the Seas last month. If the menus are similar, then I wouldn't worry too much about it. (Just don't get the pork chop unless you like shoe leather!!)

StageFrenzy

I would say that they are. I was on the Allure more than 2 years ago (May of '12), but I was pretty impressed with the condition of the ship at the time. The neighborhood concept is really cool, as are the "interior balconies".

I can't address the food at all, because they only gave us fingerfoods while we were onboard, sorry. However, I was overall very satisfied with the food on the Explorer of the Seas last month. If the menus are similar, then I wouldn't worry too much about it. (Just don't get the pork chop unless you like shoe leather!!)
Pork Chops and "Prime Rib" always seem to be horrible in a mass dining setting. It must be because they cook it all at once and then put it under a heat lamp.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom