Trip Report A Very Dapper, Not So Scary, Sept-Oct Trip Report

Welcome, first off, thank you for deciding to read my trip report. This is my second ever trip report, I hope it turns out better than my first one! If you would like to read that, there is a link in my signature. I also invite you to check out my pre-trip report here.

Cast- Myself, and my wife, Cara. We are both 31 year old New Yorkers. This is our 3rd trip to Disney together, since we started dating in 2007, but the 2nd this year.

When- We left New York, Saturday, September 27th at 7:00 am, and left Orlando, Saturday, October 4th, at 8:00 pm.

Why- Ever since our trip in January, we had been talking about going during, Epcot Food and Wine Festival. We also found out about this event called Dapper Day, and wanted to visit during Halloween season. All three of these happened during this week, so it was like the perfect storm. 30% off the room helped, as did wanting to go back with a group of 2, instead of 7.

Where- For the first time (in forever) ;) we stayed at the Boardwalk Inn. After our last visit, we knew we wanted to try something besides AKL, which we liked, but it was too far from the action. We love Epcot, and knew we want to stay at an Epcot resort. BWI was the cheapest of the the three (by far) this week, so there you have it.

PMC0849

Original Poster
Day 6 - Can't Swim Clown Will Eat Me - Part 2
Our swim came at the perfect time, when we left Epcot we were both drenched in sweat, and that dip in the pool really cooled us off. We went back to our room and changed. We knew MK was closing for us at 7, since they had a MNSSHP that night. We had planned our ADR at Artist's Point at 7:45, so things worked out perfectly. I was hoping we could walk through the gates of MK, and be right on time for the Festival of Fantasy parade. But first we took a moment to check out some of the Halloween decorations.

IMG_3901_zps064b2ae8.jpg

IMG_3904_zps308768f1.jpg

IMG_3907_zps1290b0f4.jpg

IMG_3909_zps9d35bc15.jpg

IMG_3915_zpse9ce79ff.jpg

IMG_3917_zps87e89612.jpg

IMG_3930_zps3f24c06f.jpg

The closest we will ever get to Anna and Elsa
IMG_3932_zps91934348.jpg

IMG_3938_zpsad9fbc41.jpg

IMG_3939_zpsdb29e033.jpg

IMG_3947_zpsdc1520a8.jpg

ARIEL!!!!
IMG_3953_zpsf9db08e8.jpg

IMG_3957_zpscf1906cb.jpg

IMG_3958_zpsa79ccb19.jpg

IMG_3962_zpsb831ab74.jpg

IMG_3963_zpsc58a8dd3.jpg

Tick-tock tick-tock
IMG_3965_zps54741638.jpg

IMG_3966_zpsd494a20b.jpg

IMG_3974_zps161fbdfc.jpg

IMG_3976_zps9079bec8.jpg

I was curious how they were moving, my suspicions were confirmed when I crouched down, and saw the wheels.

PMC0849

Original Poster
Day 6 - Can't Swim Clown Will Eat Me - Part 3
So, apparently I took a lot of parade pictures.

IMG_3979_zps38e9739f.jpg

IMG_3983_zpsccb57888.jpg

Did anyone else ever play Kingdom Hearts? These things reminded me of the bad guys from that.
IMG_3985_zps594b9a5e.jpg

IMG_3987_zps1d8b80e3.jpg

IMG_3991_zps6c1ec160.jpg

...and the rest.
IMG_3996_zps2bec6232.jpg

IMG_3999_zps5f944ad4.jpg

IMG_4006_zps2068011b.jpg

I liked this parade, I thought the floats were all really cool. There were a lot of characters represented, maybe the best Disney parade I had seen at this point, I saw a better one later on. So, if you read my previous trip report you may recall Cinderella telling Cara, that she reminded her of her friend Merida. When Merida came around she during this parade, she pointed at Cara, and than pointed at her own hair, than back at Cara, smiled and nodded. This was probably Cara's favorite character interaction of this trip, she loves Merida, due to the curly red hair.

IMG_4008_zps8cd100b1.jpg

IMG_4010_zps36bf82eb.jpg

Dapper Dans!!
IMG_4013_zps1acee0f3.jpg

I never noticed these said Maximus before, so cool.
We rode on the Haunted Mansion after the parade, and seeing the Dapper Dans. After HM, we wondered through New Fantasyland, I believe we rode Small World after this. Now, neither of us are really big fans of Small World, in fact, if it wasn't for me, I don't think Cara would ever ride it again. I pretty much feel obligated to ride it once every visit. For the first time ever, at WDW, we saw someone get sick on a ride, it was before we boarded. It slowed things down, but was interesting to see what happens. Some CMs showed up, cleaned everything up, the cleaner smell was very strong, they send the boat through the ride empty once, and after this run put guests on it. Our guess is, nobody who sees them clean the boat will want to ride on that one, so they send it through, so the people who end up on that boat (or car in another ride) don't know what happened. After Small world we went to Tomorrowland, where we rode Space Mountain!!

IMG_4015_zps1bfec73d.jpg

IMG_4016_zpsaee85632.jpg

I just love Space Mountain, and I realize that more and more every trip. It would take a lot to unseat Tower of Terror as my favorite ride, but I think Space Mountain may just be my second favorite (sorry Everest, fix the Yeti, than we will talk). After this ride the little girl sitting behind me, was very excited to show the rest of her family the picture, she said "That's me, and that's daddy, I don't know who that guy is" which I found to be very amusing. After SM we headed over to Buzz.

IMG_4017_zpsd5aa6d2a.jpg

This is now my highest score ever on Buzz.
IMG_4019_zps7b33d2a0.jpg

IMG_4021_zps464d5808.jpg

Buzz was happy we helped him defeat Zerg
IMG_4024_zps1aca728b.jpg

I was really excited to get a new high score on Buzz, now I need to get my TSMM score that high too. Meeting Buzz was fun too, he wanted to give us both hugs, but he was one of the more difficult characters to hug. I find it easier to interact with the face characters, I just don't know what to say to the ones who can't speak. Monsters Inc was next, it was still enjoyable, but not as much as our first time at this show. We didn't have too much time left in MK before the Halloween party started, we decided to go to Mikey's Philharmonic before heading out.

IMG_4027_zps93a0df40.jpg

IMG_4030_zps3cf7eca6.jpg

You would think Hades won at the end of "Hercules" he is the only character from the movie you see in the parks.
Mickey's Philharmagic was great, as always, except a baby started crying in the middle of it. This happens to us quit frequently at home actually, there is one movie theater near us, that no matter the movie, or the time, a baby starts crying. I swear, we were seeing "Django Unchained" at midnight, and a baby started crying. This is Disney World, so it is a little more expected. My only complaint about Mickey's Philharmagic is, I want to see more, I wish Donald visited more classic movies, he could Dance with Aurora, to "Once Upon a Dream", train along with Mulan, swing with Tarzan, and much much more. I realize this is unrealistic, since that would make this a much longer movie. Also, I would watch Hades sing torch songs, especially if they got James Woods to voice him again. It was time for us to head out, and over to the Wilderness Lodge for our dinner at Artist's Point. Stay tuned for pictures from dinner.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
When Merida came around she during this parade, she pointed at Cara, and than pointed at her own hair, than back at Cara, smiled and nodded. This was probably Cara's favorite character interaction of this trip, she loves Merida, due to the curly red hair.

This is the same reason I like Merida! ;)

Can't wait to hear about your Artist Point dinner, it's one of my favorite restaurants. You made great dining choices for your trip!! I've never eaten at Boma or Boatwrights, but Cali Grill and Flying Fish are must-dos.

PMC0849

Original Poster
This is the same reason I like Merida! ;)

Can't wait to hear about your Artist Point dinner, it's one of my favorite restaurants. You made great dining choices for your trip!! I've never eaten at Boma or Boatwrights, but Cali Grill and Flying Fish are must-dos.

It's always so hard to choose where to eat, and F&W made the choices even harder. My goal for next trip is to go to Victoria and Albert's, but we will see if we can afford it...

killer report :)
Wow what a great report! Superb pics! Thanks for sharing :)

Thank you! Glad you guys are enjoying it. Not too much more left sadly.

PMC0849

Original Poster
Day 6 - Can't Swim Clown Will Eat Me - Part 4
On our way out of MK we saw many great costumes, most of them Disney themed. We got in the line for the boat to Wilderness Lodge; I was excited to see WL, I had never seen it, and it always looks so amazing in pictures. On the boat ride over, one of the CMs was chatting to the whole boat, the only thing I remember her saying was that Soarin was getting a new video, and it would be Soarin over Florida. I have heard this rumor before, but can't really find any info online about this yet. I hope it is true, the video does need an update. We arrived at WL a little early for our reservation, so we walked around a little. There was a lot of construction outside, but overall it was a very pretty hotel. AKL and WL have a certain wow factor to them, more so than any other resort I have seen. I love the BWI, and prefer it to AKL, but when you walk inside AKL or WL for the first time, it is quite stunning. We noticed a large group of people in the lobby in costume, this group kept growing too. They were all between 18-25 years old I would guess, we assumed they were heading over to MNSSHP, but they were running late. It became clear they weren't staying at the hotel, so our guesses were they were a group of Orlando locals, meeting at WL before going to MK, or they were a group of CMs heading over to MK for the evening. They had some great costumes, I wished I had gotten some pictures. The best was this guy who made an Oggie-Boogie costume, out of burlap or something, it turned out great. There were a lot of Avengers in this group too. We headed over to Artist's Point about 5 minutes before our reservation. We were informed that some groups were kind of hanging out longer than expected so it might be a short wait. No worries, we went to the lounge next door and ordered a couple drinks, and watched game 1 of the Tigers vs Orioles in the ALDS. Now I am a huge Detroit Tigers fan, so the next couple of days there was a lot of pone checking, when we actually got seated in the restaurant the game was either tied or a 1 run game. By the time we were done eating... The Tigers bullpen had imploded and made this a joke game. *sigh* Anyway, on to the food.

IMG_4031_zpsd319d17a.jpg

IMG_4032_zps887ed5f3.jpg

Could not get a good picture of this soup.
IMG_4035_zpsc32469a0.jpg

IMG_4036_zpsb21bf64c.jpg

IMG_4037_zps607c6fc8.jpg

So, I started with the Venison Carpaccio, which I really enjoyed. Cara, had the portabella mushroom soup, which AP is apparently famous for. Cara doesn't tend to like portabella mushrooms, but the waiter talked her into this soup, she did end up liking it a lot. Since I had the bison at California Grill, Cara, decided to get the buffalo here, which was excellent, I can't say for sure which dish was better. I had the scallops, which were also very nice. None of the desserts jumped off the menu at us, so we decided to get cheese, can't go wrong with cheese, right? It was very pleasant cheese plate. The waiter overheard Cara and I talking about how we needed to get something for my dad's birthday. I think he may have misunderstood us as he gave me a plastic, light up Buzz Lightyear toy and said, well here's a Birthday present for you. Just so you know, I played with this toy the whole way home. We caught a little of Hallowishes from the bus stop, just a preview of what we would get to see tomorrow night! We caught the bus to MK, and switched to the BW bus. We were both surprised by how many people seemed to be living MK right after the fireworks, MNSSHP had over 2 hours left before close. I guess it's hard to keep children up until after midnight. Well that is the end of day 6. Day 7 starts off at DHS before we head to MK for MNSSHP!!!!!!!!

PMC0849

Original Poster
Day 7 - Oh, We Should Have Gotten More Candy
We woke up early, on our last full day at the most magical place on earth. We had tickets for Mickey's No so Scary Party that night, so we decided to head to DHS for the first half of the day. First thing we had planned was a FP for Star Tours.

IMG_4038_zpse1f057fb.jpg

IMG_4039_zpsdf33f2a6.jpg

After Star Tours we wanted to get a little breakfast, so we headed over to Starring Rolls. I had a cinnamon roll and Cara had a bagel with cream cheese.

IMG_4040_zpsb526235a.jpg

This was the perfect breakfast for us, and we would still want lunch later. Our original lunch plans were to just get QS, but Cara asked if we could try to go to Brown Derby. I got on the MDE app and made lunch reservations at Hollywood Brown Derby. The whole trip I had one problem with MDE, it kept logging me out. Everytime I closed it down, it asked me to log-in the next time I opened it up. This became a pain in the butt, besides this it worked fine for us. Our next FP was for TSMM, but we had some time still, so we went and saw the Muppets.

IMG_4043_zps494b4ad1.jpg

When I saw Constantine in the intro video, I thought there might be an update to the actual attraction, sadly there was not. Don't get me wrong, I love the Muppets, and I love this movie, it just needs a facelift. Mikey's Philharmonic, and It's Tough to Be a Bug make it look dated. Well we went over to TSMM for the ride I wish we got to do more each trip. I hope the rumored third track takes some of the wait times down.

IMG_4045_zps10a82b45.jpg

I win again!
I am never happy with my score, I feel like I need to break the 200K mark next time, any tips to increase that score? I think Cara gets in her own head, and worries too much about competing with me, and ends up not doing as well as she potentially could.

IMG_4047_zps847420fb.jpg

We had our final FP for ToT, after that we went to Rockin Roller Coaster, and rode as single riders. At one point we tried to see the entirety of the Indiana Jones Stunt Show, but it wasn't starting again for 40-45 minutes, so we skipped it. I hope it doesn't go away, I love the Indiana Jones Stunt Show. We still had time before lunch, so we did the "Voyage of the Little Mermaid". Neither of us had done this before, it was cute, but, I don't need to see this again, and I love "the Little Mermaid". I wanted to do the drawing class one more time so we went and sat and waited for that to begin. The CM watching the line was great, she was very active, and was asking Disney trivia.

2014-10-03 14.11.20.jpg

Somehow we got the same instructor, which Cara was upset about, because his voice bothered her, lol. There were a couple of annual pass holders who were in our class, they knew the teacher they wanted by name, and asked when he would be teaching, and when the teacher asked if anybody had taken the class before, and who had they drawn, this couple had drawn everyone, except Jiminy Cricket. So, we kind of got strong armed into drawing Jiminy Cricket, okay no big deal, but not either of our first choices. After the class was over, that couple was back in line for the next class. We both agreed, since they had done it so often, they should probably allow the other people in the class dictate who was drawn. After the drawing the class we had a little time still before our ADR, so we went to One Man's Dream. We had walked past this so many times, and never gone in. It was really cool little museum. I wish we had more time in there, we didn't get to see the film at the end, unfortunately.

IMG_4048_zpsa096495d.jpg

IMG_4050_zps5dd2f094.jpg

Cara's favorite
IMG_4051_zpsb671f5b1.jpg

IMG_4052_zps3e411105.jpg

IMG_4053_zps63e9149a.jpg

IMG_4055_zps4bbab1cb.jpg

IMG_4056_zps57e7b736.jpg

We shared a butternut squash and duck confit soup, which was very good. Cara had the cobb salad, which she always enjoys. I had the cheeseburger, which had a sunnyside up egg on, this was probably the best burger I have had at Disney World, it was a little messy, but still very good. After lunch we headed back to the BWI to change into our costumes. We were going as Ellie and Carl from up, but their adult version, mostly because it was easy to pull off. We got to MK and decided to go meet Tinkerbell.

IMG_4059_zps78e66221.jpg

IMG_4060_zps3f0a06cb.jpg

This may be my favorite picture from this trip
IMG_4061_zpsea2df0c7.jpg

So, Tinkerbell, may have been the best character interaction I have ever experienced. Right away she started snapping my suspenders, and she really never stopped, she said it was just too much fun to "pull on the stretchy thing", she talked with us for a good while before we headed out. I am glad we stopped by here, this was a lot of fun. After meeting Tink, we went over to try out Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom. We gave up fairly early on this, it looked like it may have been fun, but it was time consuming. So we decided to stop after our 3rd mission. Instead we went to the Country Bear Jamboree. Neither of us have seen this show before, we were expecting something along the lines of the Enchanted Tiki Room. What we got, was so much better!

IMG_4067_zpsee123361.jpg

IMG_4073_zpsb0da7157.jpg

IMG_4087_zps3c6d2737.jpg

After the show was over Cara said, "How have we never seen this before?" We both enjoyed it, it was surprisingly more mature than we both expected. I think it will be a must do at all future trips to WDW. Well that is all for now, stay tuned for our exciting night at the Halloween party! and one last trip to Epcot before we had to leave.

abzoo

There were 2 things from your latest post that also happened on my past visit: Meeting Tinker Bell during MNSSHP and going to Country Bear Jamboree for the 1st time. Both were unexpected high points for my trip!! Great TR! I'm excited to read more about your Halloween party happenings.

PMC0849

Original Poster
Day 7 - Oh, We Should Have Gotten More Candy - Part 2
Sorry about the long delay, I get easily distracted. Anyway, right after our very entertaining Country Bear Jamboree, we decided to check out a new, nearby friend.

IMG_4091_zps0e039820.jpg

IMG_4092_zps581d5399.jpg

We had no problems getting on Splash Mountain this time. As you can see from the picture above, Cara did not want to get her face wet. On the way out from the ride, we saw they were starting to hand out candy, so we hit up our first candy spot of the night. Next we went and rode Pirates. After the ride, we met Captain Jack!!

IMG_4093_zpsff62a8cc.jpg

IMG_4094_zps6d8fd3fc.jpg

Jack did a pretty good job of portraying the character. He sadly didn't have any rum, and was disappointed to find out we didn't have any. He was not too happy when Cara told him I like Captain Barbossa better.

IMG_4095_zps0ebc5ee4.jpg

We met Jafar next, this was an odd interaction, since he couldn't talk, we had a hard time understanding what he was trying to do. I wonder why they can't just make him a face character. We wanted to get something to eat real quick before we got a spot for the parade, so we headed to Casey's Corner for some dinner.

IMG_4096_zps1d7af8ce.jpg

IMG_4097_zpsdcb162da.jpg

I had the chili cheese dog, and Cara had the sauerkraut dog. MY one complaint was my bun, it was so freaking big! The actual hot dog was the same size as a normal one, and got completely lost in this giant bun. I ended up breaking pieces of bun off so I wasn't getting mouthfuls of bread. Anyway after dinner we went back to Adventureland to get a spot for the parade. We ended up getting a pretty decent spot right by where the parade starts, and only waited about 10 minutes for it to start. Sadly we did miss the Headless Horseman.

IMG_4101_zpsf30f6aaa.jpg

IMG_4110_zps8aa0431c.jpg

IMG_4113_zps54edbd37.jpg

IMG_4121_zpse933c24a.jpg

IMG_4122_zpse30b2524.jpg

IMG_4130_zps5c25f9f0.jpg

IMG_4132_zps24500289.jpg

IMG_4139_zpsd5599bd3.jpg

IMG_4146_zpsc214b385.jpg

IMG_4147_zps5df940ca.jpg

IMG_4165_zps3963b71a.jpg

The parade was pretty good, it was hard getting decent pictures in the dark, and the ones with flash on tend to not look good to me. So I am sorry for a lack of good pictures from the parade. This was a cool parade, the gravedigger scene was probably the best, Cara got really excited when the groundskeeper actually had a bloodhound. We both though the square dancers seemed really out of place in the halloween parade. We were upset we didn't see the Horseman, we thought maybe we could try to just see him during the second parade, but because of the weather he wasn't going to come out during the second parade, or so we overheard.

IMG_4171_zps1f2590f6.jpg

IMG_4169_zps1e3602ef.jpg

We rode Pirates again after the parade, since there was a walk on line, got some more candy and decided to walk over into New Fantasyland. We stopped to listen to the Cadaver Dans, we had to look up what they were called during Halloween. We orignally thought it was the dead dappers, or the dead dans, but were way off. There wasn't anything but some candy in fantasyland. We had no interest in any of the rides at this time, and the 7 Dwarfs Mine Train line was too long, as was the line to meet the 7 Dwarfs. So we continued into Tomorrowland! Next up, more of the not so scary party. Hopefully I can get another installment in sooner than it took me to do this one.

PMC0849

Original Poster
There were 2 things from your latest post that also happened on my past visit: Meeting Tinker Bell during MNSSHP and going to Country Bear Jamboree for the 1st time. Both were unexpected high points for my trip!! Great TR! I'm excited to read more about your Halloween party happenings.

Yeah, they were both pleasant surprises for us too. I think the Jamboree will become a must do MK event for us in the future. Glad to hear you are enjoying the report!

After seeing all the food pictures that look so delicious, I am really hungry. Great trip report. Following along

I should never read people's TRs on an empty stomach, every time I do I get hungry! Thank you for following along.

PMC0849

Original Poster
Day 7 - Oh, We Should Have Gotten More Candy - Part 3
Once we got to Tomorrowland we walked right on to Space Mountain. One of the times this day, I told Cara I was going to try not to laugh throughout the whole ride, I failed miserably. I don't know what it is about this ride that makes me laugh like this, no other ride has that effect.

IMG_4173_zps8a2fa40f.jpg

After Space Mountain, our plan was to go find a spot for the fireworks, there was some kind of show scheduled for before the fireworks too, but I can't remember what it was. We got some more candy near SM and it started raining, we ducked under some shelter near CoP, just as it started pouring. Luckily it lightened up pretty quickly, we scoped out a route so we could continue you our mission. We were able to find a route that avoided a lot of the rain. We also stopped by another candy station. We arrived up near the castle just a few minutes before the fireworks were going to start. Luckily, because of the rain a lot of people were not waiting, and it felt like we got a decent spot. It rained again for about 20 seconds, and I got worried the fireworks would be cancelled, they were not.

IMG_4177_zps4e750162.jpg

IMG_4181_zpsb58d68bb.jpg

IMG_4183_zps05593dd5.jpg

IMG_4192_zpsae9b6b54.jpg

IMG_4208_zpsdc2e38ad.jpg

The last time I saw fireworks at Magic Kingdom, was in 2007, I don't remember the specifics all that well, but I recall being impressed. Cara and I have this tendency to fail at seeing fireworks, it seems we always have our ADRs when the fireworks are going on, plus we are always late for things. I wanted to compare regular Wishes to Hallowishes, I have to say I really did enjoy Hallowishes, I hear Christmaswishes is better, but I don't see us getting to WDW during the holidays anytime soon. We went back to Adventureland with the hopes of meeting Tarzan, Turk, and Jane.

IMG_4214_zpsc4f762a0.jpg

IMG_4218_zps3e8f0844.jpg

IMG_4223_zps8cfb2932.jpg

When we first got to where the the "Tarzan" crew was meeting it was just Turk, the CM told us Tarzan and Jane would be back in 5 minutes. We thought this meant Turk was meeting separately. So we went to meet Turk, who gave me a big hug, and pushed Cara away, not letting go of me. Not sure what that was about, she eventually apologized to Cara, gave her a hug, and wanted some of our candy. Turk left, and a few minutes later Tarzan, Jane, and, I assume a different Turk came out. There was nobody waiting for them, so we pretty much talked to them for awhile. Jane admired how we were dressed, Tarzan was offended when I called him an apeman, correcting me, and saying he was a gentleman. I had mentioned Clayton, and Jane said he was hanging around here somewhere, which I think was her reference to Clayton's death in the movie. It was a very fun meet and greet, you should go check them out at next years MNSSHP. Next up we met with Aladdin and Abu!!

IMG_4224_zps011cf803.jpg

IMG_4225_zps838809bb.jpg

IMG_4227_zpsd11a7622.jpg

When we got in there Cara told Abu, I always wanted a pet Monkey. Abu got very excited, jumped up and down, and grabbed onto me and wouldn't let go. Eventually I asked him to do his Sultan impression, I guess this Abu didn't remember that seen in the movie, but Aladdin did. He went right into the voice Abu uses, and has clearly seen Aladdin a lot. This Aladdin was really fantastic, and seemed to really enjoy what he was doing. We wanted to ride Haunted Mansion one last time, but when we saw it only had a 10 minute posted wait, but as we were approaching it, a huge crowd was walking into the queue. The second parade had just ended, and I guess everyone wanted to go to Haunted Mansion, D'oh!! We strolled through a few areas collecting candy, and trying to decide what to do. In the end we decided to ride Space Mountain, and head towards where Jack and Sally were meeting.

IMG_4229_zpsdd21f8d4.jpg

IMG_4235_zps41377977.jpg

When we arrived where Jack and Sally were meeting there was about 30 minutes until the park closed, we debated whether to get in the rather long line. The CM told Cara, we would get to meet them if we got in line, but we would be waiting at least 40 minutes. I think Cara was fairly tired, so we decided to skip this and leave. In hindsight, I think we both realize this was a mistake. We probably could have waited and eaten candy and played Heads-Up in line. We are both pretty impatient people... Well we said goodbye to the Magic Kingdom, and hopped on a bus back to the Board Walk.

IMG_4236_zpsa514f0e3.jpg

2014-10-05134428_zpsa2433907.jpg

The candy haul, once we got home.
It was a sad day when the candy was all gone, but a sadder day was upcoming, the day we had to head back to New York. We did get a little time in at Epcot before we left, so stay tuned there is a little more excitement to come. We also learned neither of us like lemonheads, we had a bunch of them left over, and I just threw them away a few days ago, finally.

HouCuseChickie

Great TR and pics!!! Love everything at BW...in total agreement on those creepy chairs in the lobby. Nice to see the Dapper Day pics. We were there for Dapper Day last year. I know there was more I was going to type, but my brain has currently gone to mush. Can't wait to read more. :)

mrdrift

You got some great pictures of the MNSSHP. This is on my bucket list to do one year. All the interactions seems to be really fun and a must especially if you wear suspenders and visit Tink. My family cracked up with that picture. Following along.

PMC0849

Original Poster
Great TR and pics!!! Love everything at BW...in total agreement on those creepy chairs in the lobby. Nice to see the Dapper Day pics. We were there for Dapper Day last year. I know there was more I was going to type, but my brain has currently gone to mush. Can't wait to read more. :)

My brain is usually going to mush, so I understand. Dapper Day was too much fun, hot, but fun. If we were in a horror movie, those chairs would have come to life as some horrible monster. Glad you have enjoyed the TR!

You got some great pictures of the MNSSHP. This is on my bucket list to do one year. All the interactions seems to be really fun and a must especially if you wear suspenders and visit Tink. My family cracked up with that picture. Following along.

That picture is just amazing, as you can see I had to change it to my avatar. It was too funny she didn't even say anything to us, she just started snapping my suspenders. Really the best character interaction I have had, and most of them have been great! I can't recommend MNSSHP enough, it was a blast.

thank you for the pics of the Halloween Parade. We are going Oct 2015 and it's what I am looking forward to most :)

With any luck we will go back for the Halloween Party in 2015 too, the Dapper Day, F&W, and MNSSHP are just 3 amazing events that we both want to attend several more times in our lives. Make sure you have costumes!

PMC0849

Original Poster
Day - Oh, Sorry he doesn't speak French
Well it arrived, our last day. Time always flies when you are in Disney World. The harsh reality that you are heading someplace worse in few hours :arghh:. Our flight was in the evening, so we were able to spend some time in Epcot this day. We woke up, packed up any loose ends we may of had, dropped our stuff off with bell services, and headed to Epcot. We had made reservations for a F&W event, this one was a French cheese and wine tasting.
IMG_4238_zps04f83cb1.jpg

Now the same woman from our previous event was the host again, and she had the same exact jokes from the previous one :banghead:. We got a pretty big plate of cheese and I think 3 different glasses of wine. There was a little lecture about each type of wine, and cheese. The guy talking about the wine didn't seem like his heart was in it, the woman explaining the cheese seemed more passionate. It was all good so whatever, I didn't sign up for this for a lecture, I just wanted to eat cheese and drink wine at 10 am in Disney World. Now if I could only do that every morning... All the cheese was delicious. I would bathe in blue cheese, if it was socially acceptable. It was such a good blue cheese too, my mouth is watering just thinking about it. After the event was over we headed over to TT for our FP.

IMG_4239_zps6030a0db.jpg

I let Cara take the design lead this time.
IMG_4241_zps68bfc357.jpg

IMG_4242_zpsff10f4c7.jpg

We decided to head over to Spaceship Earth before heading into WS. Now, this is when we first noticed how bust Epcot was this day. I have never seen it this bad. Spaceship Earth had a posted 40 minute wait! I have never seen it even close to that long. I guess it was a marathon weekend, and assume that ups the crowds, as does the F&W festival. Well before getting in line I got on my app, checked out the FPs and wouldn't you know it, I was able to change one of ours, which we weren't going to use, to SE! right then. Take that suckers in line. This ride is corny but I could ride it 100 times a trip, I am a little sad I only went on it twice this time. It is just kind of relaxing. We took a slow stroll through the WS, not really doing much. We noticed how busy all of the marketplaces were, every other day we were in Epcot, there was at most 5 people in front of us. This time, we would of had at least a good 20 people in front of us. As I mentioned earlier we are both impatient, not a good thing to be when at an amusement park. We decided to just take a slow stroll through the WS until our lunch reservations at Chefs de France. Cara checked it speaking French, she can speak French very well, I can barely speak English, which I am sure you have discovered from the terrible grammar I am sure is littered throughout this trip report. When our time came the hostess came up to me speaking French a mile a minute. Cara informed the hostess that I didn't know French, apparently she assumed we either from France or Quebec after Cara first spoke to her. I really like French food, probably because of the copious amounts of butter they put in everything.

IMG_4244_zps669f7a1c.jpg

IMG_4245_zps994394dc.jpg

IMG_4246_zps6f967d5b.jpg

We shared the escargot, which was very good, Cara had a salad nicoise, and I had a croque monsieur. I believe Cara liked her salad, my sandwich was good, but it didn't blow me away. We spent a lot of the lunch with me trying to show Cara this little lizard that was outside the window. He was very tiny and hidden in the plants outside the window, but eventually she found him. After lunch we saw this little show going on right outside the restaurant.

IMG_4248_zps08924596.jpg

IMG_4251_zps780d1147.jpg

I can do that, I just don't want to.
IMG_4253_zps30a10128.jpg

He goes up higher than this but I decided to enjoy the show, instead of just taking pictures. Once he was at the top, I had to wonder if he had ever fallen? I know they must practice nonstop in a safer place, so if he does fall it is not on concrete, but I was just curious if there has ever been an incident. Anyway it was a very entertaining show. We looked through some of the shops in France, and than went and saw impressions of France. Which was very nice, and made me want to go to France. We were sitting next to a group who happened to be French, Cara struck up a conversation with one of the women, not entirely sure what they talked about, since they were speaking French. After the movie we decided we should probably head out it was getting close to our scheduled pick up time. On the way out, right by the international gateway, I saw a CM, she was dressed like a character handler. We had spoken about how we never bumped into one of the characters training near that entrance during the whole trick, but right at this moment, my spidey-sense began to tingle. I told Cara to hang on a minute, explained to her why, so we did. My mind started running through the potential characters we might see. I have heard this is the spot they send out seldom seen characters, so I was holding my breath for Megara, Launchpad, maybe even something out of leftfield like Merlin!!!

IMG_4256_zpsf4208413.jpg

IMG_4257_zps008c19cc.jpg

Well it ended up being Tiana, who we had never met. Partially because Cara has never seen "The Princess and the Frog" I saw it once, on an airplane. It was a fun interaction, but I think this girl was a little nervous, she settled down fairly quickly however. We said goodbye to Princess Tiana, and Epcot Center, and soon all of Disney World. We picked up our carry on bags and headed to the waiting spot for DME. While waiting we had a bit of a chat with a couple that had been on a Disney Cruise. We have talked a little about doing a cruise, so it was interesting to hear. I have heard nothing but good things. Well our trip to the airport was uneventful, as was our return home. This was a welcome change from the several hour delay we had last time. Oddly enough we weren't done buying gifts at MCO. Cara found an Oswald the Lucky Rabbit mug she liked, so we picked that up, lol. Well the trip was over, good times were had by all, it rained, it was humid, we did a lot we had never done before. We ate a lot of food, walked a lot of miles, and met a lot of characters. I want to go back!! Maybe I can start a kickstarter campaign to fund my next trip... Anyway, I will try to comeback in the next couple of days to share some final thoughts on the whole experience.

mrdrift

That was a wonderful last day at the World. Always good to get pictures with the princess that you don't normally see to often. Glad to hear the airport went smoothly. Will be watching for final thought of your wonderful trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom