Let the scrimping begin...

RiceCrispyMickey

So....

Hubby wanted to run the Wine and Dine half marathon in 2016, but has now become so obsessed with the idea we just booked a week in WDW staying at All Star Sports for the wine and dine half marathon in 2015!! We are doing a week from Thurs 5th Nov - Thurs 12th Nov 2015 with dining plan. So far, the hotel, tickets and dining plan are sorted, we still need to book flights (coming from the UK) and pay for the entry to do the half marathon when it opens in March.

All in all, we think it will cost about £3000 (roughly $4600) and need to save this amount by the time the full balance is due in Sept 2015, hence, let the scrimping begin!!

What tips can you give us for saving money to pay for disney?? Where can we scrimp in order to make it easier?

I wish they had those disney visa cards in the UK... but unfortunately I don't think they exist!

James J

In the Parks
No
That seems quite expensive for a week, considering me and a friend have booked to stay at Port Orleans Riverside for two weeks next October and in total it's costing just under £4000. That's for the hotel, flights, transfers, tickets for Disney and Universal/Seaworld, dining plan and access to the Virgin Lounge at Gatwick.

Upvote 0

RiceCrispyMickey

Original Poster
This is really a worst case scenario type cost. It obviously depends on the price of flights (i'm waiting a bit before booking them as some airlines havent released the prices yet for next November- and we may be able to get reduced fair with airmiles). Virgin quoted us over £3000 in there store, but we are sure we can do it cheaper booking seperately (hence why we have done it this way), unfortunately, we have missed the free dining and other offers. Hopefully it will come in at a few £100 less than this, but id rather overestimate a bit to make sure we definately have it covered. Plus any extra saved can be used for buying souviners!

Upvote 0

Tink28

Hope you can get for less than that, £3000 seems a lot, my trip came in at about £3200 for 2 weeks with tickets, dining, V room etc for November next year but I guess as I booked very very early I managed to get a good deal, then less the 10% Frequent virgin discount it came out well.

Hopefully you can get a good price, and good luck with the saving!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom