Is the Electrical Parade ever running at 100%?

wdrive

Original Poster
I don't think I've ever seen it at WDW with everything in it that is supposed to be there.

I've even scoured YouTube looking at recent (within the last year) videos and everyone always has at least one of The Fairy Godmother, Cinderella's mice, White Rabbit, Snow White, Pete, Mr Smee's float or the Dwarfs Mine Cart missing, there could be others too that I'm forgetting.

I understand that things occasionally won't work or there will be casting problems but it is everytime I've seen it, either in person or on YouTube, at least one thing is missing.

Goofyernmost

Is there some sort of program that lists what is supposed to be in the parade? I didn't think so. The parade consists of whatever they send out at that particular time. If one or more segments are missing, is that really a problem?

I'm a little mystified how anyone can remember what was in it at any given time. I just watch it and enjoy the lights and music. I have never tried to sequence it to the extent that I know what is coming next and I have seen MSEP dozens of times. I'm kinda in awe of people who are able to do that and know what is missing. I don't know how or especially, why it is done.

Sage of Time

More often than not, yes, it is.

But also keep in mind that the parade uses a rolling schedule to refurb its floats... meaning that a float being absent means that it's actually being refurbished and attended to. WDW has invested quite a bit in this parade.

wdrive

Original Poster
Is there some sort of program that lists what is supposed to be in the parade? I didn't think so. The parade consists of whatever they send out at that particular time. If one or more segments are missing, is that really a problem?

I'm a little mystified how anyone can remember what was in it at any given time. I just watch it and enjoy the lights and music. I have never tried to sequence it to the extent that I know what is coming next and I have seen MSEP dozens of times. I'm kinda in awe of people who are able to do that and know what is missing. I don't know how or especially, why it is done.

It doesn't massively bother me but knowing that the parade just about always isn't as good as it should be is fustrating. It's not that difficult to know what is missing, a float is obvious, the White Rabbit is supposed to be there, Cinderella has four mice in the parade, the Fairy Godmother is supposed to be there, Peter is supposed to sit on the dragon. I feel they are very obvious if you know they are supposed to be there.

Goofyernmost

It doesn't massively bother me but knowing that the parade just about always isn't as good as it should be is fustrating. It's not that difficult to know what is missing, a float is obvious, the White Rabbit is supposed to be there, Cinderella has four mice in the parade, the Fairy Godmother is supposed to be there, Peter is supposed to sit on the dragon. I feel they are very obvious if you know they are supposed to be there.
You see, that's the part that I don't understand. How do you know that? How many times does one have to watch the same parade to know that? I have gone to WDW for close to 32 years now and I am enough of a fan to be on the Disney boards, however, I have never known any of that stuff and I cannot figure out why it matters or how people can get so engrossed in a simple parade in a theme park that this is something that is retained in memory.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not putting anyone down for that particular ability, I just don't understand it. But, I guess that there are a lot of things that I don't understand.

wdrive

Original Poster
You see, that's the part that I don't understand. How do you know that? How many times does one have to watch the same parade to know that? I have gone to WDW for close to 32 years now and I am enough of a fan to be on the Disney boards, however, I have never known any of that stuff and I cannot figure out why it matters or how people can get so engrossed in a simple parade in a theme park that this is something that is retained in memory.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not putting anyone down for that particular ability, I just don't understand it. But, I guess that there are a lot of things that I don't understand.

If a float was missing would you know?

It matters because it is not at 100% and it should be.
I'm not exactly obsessive over parades but I still notice things that are missing.

Goofyernmost

If a float was missing would you know?

It matters because it is not at 100% and it should be.
I'm not exactly obsessive over parades but I still notice things that are missing.
No, I wouldn't. I don't store that stuff up in my head. They could leave out everything but the music and I wouldn't notice it, because I don't have a memory of exactly what it consisted of. I must be the ideal Disney Guest, since I do not notice any of that type of thing. I always like what I see, but, I do not retain anything other then the feeling that I had during my visit.

Parades are not my thing anyway, just like the Fireworks. I hear people say that this fireworks show was better then that firework show and all I can do is shrug. To me it is an interesting explosion of noise and color, but, there is no real distinction between one or the other. Like I said, it's just a series of loud explosions followed by a brightly colored explosion pattern in the sky, followed by a random roof catching on fire. (that last thing was just an attempt a humor)

JIMINYCR

Sigggh, sadly nothings 100%. Over time I've learned to expect some things to be shut down, a few things to be momentarily shut down, and then others I will have to remain seated because they will be operational in a few moments. But its Disney and a few inconveniences along the way aren't going to ruin my day.

wdrive

Original Poster
Sigggh, sadly nothings 100%. Over time I've learned to expect some things to be shut down, a few things to be momentarily shut down, and then others I will have to remain seated because they will be operational in a few moments. But its Disney and a few inconveniences along the way aren't going to ruin my day.

I agree but that wasn't really my point. I was saying that I've never ever seen the Electrical Parade running at 100% over the last year and a bit either in person or from YouTube videos and that is not good enough imo. If it does run at 100% it seems a very rare occurrence.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom