The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

MI0001666354.jpg

:joyfull: :D ;) :)

Alrighty gang, I'm out for a bit...
Y'all be cool...!
See yaaaaaaa'...!!!

Cesar R M

Ha! I look to see even if the dog biscuits and treats are made in China.

I went downstairs and looked earlier today, trees are Bethlehem Trees.

Over the last 5 years one of the things we've started to do (thanks for pushing it DD) is to read the reviews on what we are going to purchase. We meaning me and my DD. Not just the manufacturer but we've learned to look for reviews on models too cause they widely vary in the reviews.

We have not gotten there with the boys yet, DS often calls his Sis when he is buying stuff and she looks. My DH doesn't like to shop unless it has something to do with Harbor Freight, his Happy Place. We have had nothing but issues with our lights we had put out on the back of the property when we were having skunk issues. I was in the middle of something when he announced he was going to buy light fixtures and did I want to come. Well yeah 'cause if I didn't they'd look like something mounted outside a factory, lol. So on the spot I had to pick them out and he had already called the electrician while we were there.

When the issues started with the lights I started looking for solutions online and found out the solution was to have never bought those particular lights in the first place. The reviews were everything I was experiencing. :cautious: I even look at reviews of companies that I am ordering from for shipping, reliability and customer service if there is something wrong with the product and of course free shipping back if it is defective.
I heard of a lot of poisoning from food coming from china. I'm surprised they still allow these stores to sell these tainted products.
Reminds me of the famous 2000's report of how many chinese factories converted industrial waste into clothing.

Cesar R M

I don't think I fractured anything but I did twist my ankle, which is how it started, I was stepping around a car at the end of a row heading to the entrance. The asphalt is in major patch sections and this had a good 2 inch drop to the next patch, twisted ankle and went flying. Mid fall I let go of coffee vs trying to save it (duh) and hit ground hard but I did roll with the impact. I was proud that after all these years I remembered to roll as that was drummed into our heads in Judo but I'm sure it wasn't pretty to watch, scared my DD. My hip took the worst of it, then ankle then side of hand, I didn't hit my head, blessed. Pup didn't get a walk last night.

Going back to car I looked at the lot, the entire thing is very uneven, they seem to add layers in areas that need to be fixed and overlap and do not bother at all to grade the patches level. I'm am so surprised that their village inspectors allow them to do this.
But is it bad enough to give you the excuse to flop like a fish in your bed? :D
having an excuse to have a lazy weekend on bed is awesome.

Cesar R M

I had to pick up Son #1 at 4:00 a.m. (don't ask, I am still pi$$ed), and rather than scream at him the whole way home, I turned on the radio and listened to some show called Coast to Coast with George Noory.

Yowza - the world is full of whack-jobs.
Of particular interest was the lady who phoned in purporting that doctors (especially) were using a knock out drug (just a couple of granules in their hand waved under the victim's nose) and then catheterizing them to draw the adrenal (?) from their urine. Apparently it's been happening to her two or three times/week for years.

New rule - once you drop your baby on its head for the third time, just throw it away - lest it grow up to be a caller on the Coast to Coast AM Show.

ETA - Darn, this is some of the stuff I missed last night:

View attachment 74802
L9FGzKc.gif

I dont know if I should be amused.. or scared..

seahawk7

WOOOOOOOHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! :joyfull: :joyfull: :joyfull:
Didn't wanna' say anything 'til it was final, but, DWifey finally told her employer to go shove it, today...!!!!! :happy:
That is awesome! I should take a page out of her book. I applied for a transfer at my second job, pray guys that I get it. If I don't, I might just have to quit. I am very happy for your wife @donaldtoo, I bet she is just so relieved.

seahawk7

I don't think I fractured anything but I did twist my ankle, which is how it started, I was stepping around a car at the end of a row heading to the entrance. The asphalt is in major patch sections and this had a good 2 inch drop to the next patch, twisted ankle and went flying. Mid fall I let go of coffee vs trying to save it (duh) and hit ground hard but I did roll with the impact. I was proud that after all these years I remembered to roll as that was drummed into our heads in Judo but I'm sure it wasn't pretty to watch, scared my DD. My hip took the worst of it, then ankle then side of hand, I didn't hit my head, blessed. Pup didn't get a walk last night.

Going back to car I looked at the lot, the entire thing is very uneven, they seem to add layers in areas that need to be fixed and overlap and do not bother at all to grade the patches level. I'm am so surprised that their village inspectors allow them to do this.
I hope you feel better.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Just got back from a 2 1/2 hour round trip to pick up the GF from Guelph to bring her home, so we don't have to do it in the morning.
For her birthday, Son #2 bought tickets to see Book of Mormon. Unfortunately, he doesn't have a credit card, so I had to order them.

Even worse, because they have to be picked up from Will Call, the credit card holder must be there in person to pick them up. So, Hubby and I and the happy couple are going to take the GO train to Toronto.

Mike had the great idea to see if any tickets were still available, seeing as we have to be there anyway. Yeah, there are a few tickets left - at $200 per. Ummmmmm ... NO! $59 per ... maybe.
So, now we have to figure out what to do for three hours, in what promises to be pouring rain.

Then back on the GO train to Burlington, up Highway 6 to Guelph, and then home.
Can you say "Fun, wow!"?

I'm going to Heaven for sure, I tell ya.

DVCPluto

Just got back from a 2 1/2 hour round trip to pick up the GF from Guelph to bring her home, so we don't have to do it in the morning.
For her birthday, Son #2 bought tickets to see Book of Mormon. Unfortunately, he doesn't have a credit card, so I had to order them.

Even worse, because they have to be picked up from Will Call, the credit card holder must be there in person to pick them up. So, Hubby and I and the happy couple are going to take the GO train to Toronto.

Mike had the great idea to see if any tickets were still available, seeing as we have to be there anyway. Yeah, there are a few tickets left - at $200 per. Ummmmmm ... NO! $59 per ... maybe.
So, now we have to figure out what to do for three hours, in what promises to be pouring rain.

Then back on the GO train to Burlington, up Highway 6 to Guelph, and then home.
Can you say "Fun, wow!"?

I'm going to Heaven for sure, I tell ya.

You are a good mom!! Holy moly, like really good!!

Hope you can find something to do that's warm and dry!!

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
You are a good mom!! Holy moly, like really good!!

Hope you can find something to do that's warm and dry!!
Maybe the ticket office will have a pair of cheapie tickets not available online.
Son #1 guarantees the BoM will not be my cup of tea though.

May just hang out at Gretzky's, grab a bite, and chat with you fine folk, while Hubby has a beer and watches football.

StarWarsGirl

Ouch! So sorry. We could limp around together since last week I stepped off a curb and did the exact same thing (to the other ankle, not the one I spent months recovering from after a mishap in line for IASW). Thankfully I wasn't carrying anything besides my purse and I just fell on my behind, but I did go completely down. A man who I recognized as the pharmacist saw what happened, looked at it, and then helped me to the car. I was supposed to go out to lunch with my mom and aunt, and ended up going home to put on my brace and being late for lunch. Staying off of it and icing it has really helped, and a decent brace, which I got from the last ankle sprain. So...we'll just limp around together. It's also a great excuse for not doing yard work

StarWarsGirl

In other news, today, the internet stopped working on my laptop. For any geeky peeps here, I figured out that it was a problem with the computer, not the router. First, I couldn't get either the ethernet or the wireless adapter to work, so I had to run a system restore after determining that the driver for the ethernet was working, but not the wireless router. The system restore got the ethernet working, but not the wireless. I looked, and yes, there was a problem with the driver software.

So I downloaded the driver software, uninstalled it, and then reinstalled it. Then, when I looked at the devices, the driver software was missing. So I must've repeated the process about 5 times, restarting it every time. This took about three hours, by which time I was completely frustrated. Oh, and it still didn't work. I had plans for the evening, so I left it. I came home, and it still didn't work. So I pulled out my battery to look for the serial number on my laptop so I could contact HP support. I accidentally unplugged the computer when pulling the battery out. I wrote down the serial number, plugged the computer back in, put the battery back, and restarted it. Wouldn't ya know that after I turned it back on, then the wireless router started working and has worked ever since? :banghead:

Computer has a mind of its own.

Also, I know why my IT-major friend says that she hates computers.

Also, I lost three hours of studying time today:arghh:

Also, I'm pretty sure I'm going to be in a really bad mood until this semester is over:grumpy:

The only good thing was that I discovered a driver update for my speakers, and now they are much louder.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
In other news, today, the internet stopped working on my laptop. For any geeky peeps here, I figured out that it was a problem with the computer, not the router. First, I couldn't get either the ethernet or the wireless adapter to work, so I had to run a system restore after determining that the driver for the ethernet was working, but not the wireless router. The system restore got the ethernet working, but not the wireless. I looked, and yes, there was a problem with the driver software.

So I downloaded the driver software, uninstalled it, and then reinstalled it. Then, when I looked at the devices, the driver software was missing. So I must've repeated the process about 5 times, restarting it every time. This took about three hours, by which time I was completely frustrated. Oh, and it still didn't work. I had plans for the evening, so I left it. I came home, and it still didn't work. So I pulled out my battery to look for the serial number on my laptop so I could contact HP support. I accidentally unplugged the computer when pulling the battery out. I wrote down the serial number, plugged the computer back in, put the battery back, and restarted it. Wouldn't ya know that after I turned it back on, then the wireless router started working and has worked ever since? :banghead:

Computer has a mind of its own.

Also, I know why my IT-major friend says that she hates computers.

Also, I lost three hours of studying time today:arghh:

Also, I'm pretty sure I'm going to be in a really bad mood until this semester is over:grumpy:

The only good thing was that I discovered a driver update for my speakers, and now they are much louder.
tumblr_md899cO2Xc1r3ifxzo1_500.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom