Peter Pan Queue

Magenta Panther

WOW!!! I love that window showing Big Ben and the starry night sky. This queue looks like it's going to actually add to the ride's atmosphere, instead of providing new toys for guests to break. Awesome!

Now come on, TDO, give the ride itself some attention. Make that, a LOT of attention. Time for a major rebuild/refurb. The new queue, sadly, might make the ride itself seem even shabbier...

Goofyernmost

WOW!!! I love that window showing Big Ben and the starry night sky. This queue looks like it's going to actually add to the ride's atmosphere, instead of providing new toys for guests to break. Awesome!

Now come on, TDO, give the ride itself some attention. Make that, a LOT of attention. Time for a major rebuild/refurb. The new queue, sadly, might make the ride itself seem even shabbier...
Could you or somebody please provide a link to the current pictures that show all this stuff. I cannot go through 400 posts to find it. (well, I can, but, I have no intention of doing so.) :)

Disney Analyst

Can anyone explain how this fits, where it fits in relation to the old queue. I'm having a hard time placing this, when I think about the open air chain link switchback totally in front of the ride.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
There was a permit that indicated there might be interactive elements. Maybe there are things that haven't been activated yet.
Maybe some of the "sets" have moving parts that can be activated while in line or possibly they could have even built the long rumored NextGen interactive elements triggered by the wrist bands. Either way this looks good already so any additional elements will be a bonus.

MerlinTheGoat

What is in the existing queue now? Is that open area now?
My guess is the existing queue is still unchanged for now (unfortunately). One hopes they plan to do something with that as well, along with the facade (and a good solid renovation of the ride itself to bring it at least up to par with the version at DL/DLP, but the queue and facade enhancements seem more realistic at the moment). Perhaps they intend to work on the existing queue now that there's more space in the bathroom area to route the line through? They appear to have focused on recreating the nursery in the bathroom area along with the surrounding hallways, there's more of the Darling home that can be represented in the original queue space. I do hope they don't just stop here. Because while this new stuff is really nice and welcome, it makes the rest of the queue and facade look even worse than it already does in comparison.

Anyways the new elements look quite good. I do think the black ceiling tiles are very out of place (if they HAVE to be tiles at least paint them a white color), and i'd prefer the spot lighting toned down somewhat to better reflect the fact that the story takes place sometime around 1900 when electric light wasn't common yet. But IMO overall a nice and welcome improvement from what I can tell.

I'm very much for well themed queues, it's always nice to see something cool while waiting in line. But interactive elements are very hit or miss with me (Pooh's queue can be obnoxious for instance). However I can see some potential for something cool related to Peter Pan's shadow locked in a drawer. Though you don't need to make it interactive, it could just be a random automated effect. The thing is that I believe I remember @Lee saying a while back that Disney was toning down interactive elements in the queues going forward (the queues of Haunted Mansion, Big Thunder and Mine Train supposedly being approved and designed before this new decision was made).

Last edited:

Kman101

How did they slip this queue makeover so quietly in? Did anyone know they were doing it up so nicely? I guess one could have assumed because of the Pooh queue/exterior makeover. Which gives me slight hope one day they do the exterior of Pan. Have there been any rumblings of a desire to do that to Pan? They probably don't see the need to spend the money on it. And it's not that pressing of an issue but still ... especially now that it has a better queue it deserves a better exterior and refresh of the ride inside.

JohnD

Is the queue standby only? I'm thinking about NOT getting a FP+ and getting in like just to experience the queue. Or just wait until MVMCP.

Kman101

Is the queue standby only? I'm thinking about NOT getting a FP+ and getting in like just to experience the queue. Or just wait until MVMCP.

I was wondering this too. I'd guess it's the standby queue and the FP+ line remains the unthemed old area with the shields added to the barriers?

JohnD

How did they slip this queue makeover so quietly in? Did anyone know they were doing it up so nicely? I guess one could have assumed because of the Pooh queue/exterior makeover. Which gives me slight hope one day they do the exterior of Pan. Have there been any rumblings of a desire to do that to Pan? They probably don't see the need to spend the money on it. And it's not that pressing of an issue but still ... especially now that it has a better queue it deserves a better exterior and refresh of the ride inside.

People have known for some time that the bathrooms were closed. Wasn't much of an issue because there are bathrooms next to Pinocchio Villiage Haus and the new Tangled bathrooms. There were rumors but the closed bathrooms became an afterthought. Next thing you know: new PPF queue.

Bairstow

People have known for some time that the bathrooms were closed. Wasn't much of an issue because there are bathrooms next to Pinocchio Villiage Haus and the new Tangled bathrooms. There were rumors but the closed bathrooms became an afterthought. Next thing you know: new PPF queue.

The real discussion for a long time was whether or not the new queue would incorporate interactive elements.

Belowthesurface

It looks nice, but with the amount of time people stand in the queue already + days when there are frequent ride stops, this new queue is going to have lots of trash inside and things beaten up on.

Now if they would get ride of FP, nobody would be in here more than 10 minutes :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom