The ICS

Zweiland

Because I'm a fan of graphics with flat colors, I made an alternate logo:

3426355_orig.png

Last edited:

MonorailRed

Applebees
Actually, I'm thinking that that should be the generic logo for all Elite Eights... but every year should also have its own. I started working on a draft for this year last night.

Like the Super Bowl!

Generic:

8806__super_bowl-primary-2013.jpg

Unique 'host committee' logo:

super-bowl-HOST-committee-logo.jpg

Love this idea, Personally!

It's sadder that the star and the italicized font were both directly copied from JDM's logo, but with flat colors.

So I did even less of the work.

:cyclops:

DinoInstitute

Actually, I'm thinking that that should be the generic logo for all Elite Eights... but every year should also have its own. I started working on a draft for this year last night.

Like the Super Bowl!

Generic:

8806__super_bowl-primary-2013.jpg

Unique 'host committee' logo:

super-bowl-HOST-committee-logo.jpg
I like that idea, and kind of thought the same thing, although I thought that was already in place with a logo like what you made, and then a slightly edited version with the year number under it (Like the "1" that was posted here somewhere earlier)

jdmdisney99

Original Poster
I like that idea, and kind of thought the same thing, although I thought that was already in place with a logo like what you made, and then a slightly edited version with the year number under it (Like the "1" that was posted here somewhere earlier)
That will be this year's but I think it will be great to have a different one every year, like the Super Bowls used to do (hosts still do, but not the actual game logo). :D

Sam Magic

----------------------------------------------------------TAFIC NOTICE----------------------------------------------------------------
IN THE COMING DAY'S AND POTENTIALLY MONTHS THE IMAGINEERING COMMUNITY AT SYWTBAI WILL BE MOVING HERE DUE TO SPAM BOTS ON THEIR ORIGINAL COMMUNITY. WE WOULD LIKE TO ASK FOR EVERYONE'S HELP AND PATIENCE DURING THIS PROCESS.
----------------------------------------------------------TAFIC NOTICE----------------------------------------------------------------

jdmdisney99

Original Poster
IN THE COMING DAY'S AND POTENTIALLY MONTHS THE IMAGINEERING COMMUNITY AT SYWTBAI WILL BE MOVING HERE DUE TO SPAM BOTS ON THEIR ORIGINAL COMMUNITY. WE WOULD LIKE TO ASK FOR EVERYONE'S HELP AND PATIENCE DURING THIS PROCESS.
Yes, that is what they are leaning towards. Everyone, it will be a very interesting process of integration. It will be somewhat difficult but worthwhile to adapt their "So You Want to Be An Imagineer?" system into our ICS/TAFI, community and format.

JokersWild

I would say that it should be clear they haven't made any decision yet that I can tell, and it is a tough and private decision for them to make.

However, you guys should go check out their stuff! It's pretty cool!
We are still figuring this out, but, at this point in time, moving over here seems like the most viable option. We'll definitely keep you all posted in the coming days.

Also, thanks so much to all of you for being so welcoming/ coming over and posting on our humble forum.

RMichael21

I actually never heard of that forum to be honest...
I'm very excited to check it out and read some of what it's about!
Yep, same here. When I first read Sam's post, I thought he just hit his keyboard randomly (for the name of their forum). :p:D
I may not be an insider here or there, but it seems clear to me that they haven't made an actual decision yet. ;)

In general, I'm kind of hesitant. We're pretty established on our own and having them come in could either be a really good thing or a really bad thing. Trust me, I'm all for new members. But the way your describing it, we're talking a full on merge here and I'm not 100% convinced that that's a good idea. That's just my opinion, but I feel like we should have a mass discussion on this, before we jump to conclusions and have something this huge take place.

jdmdisney99

Original Poster
Yep, same here. When I first read Sam's post, I thought he just hit his keyboard randomly (for the name of their forum). :p:D

I may not be an insider here or there, but it seems clear to me that they haven't made an actual decision yet. ;)

In general, I'm kind of hesitant. We're pretty established on our own and having them come in could either be a really good thing or a really bad thing. Trust me, I'm all for new members. But the way your describing it, we're talking a full on merge here and I'm not 100% convinced that that's a good idea. That's just my opinion, but I feel like we should have a mass discussion on this, before we jump to conclusions and have something this huge take place.
Don't worry. The way it was previously described was a tad hyperbolic. New members will probably be coming along with their ideas and well established competition (SYWTBAI is in its 13th season). No harm done. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom