The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

WooHoo!!! So happy for her. That lady has a long long fuse but love it when she draws that line! Can't think of a better time of year for her to pick to tell them to Shove It!!! Really it is a shame because was good at it and they took advantage of her, their loss now.

Is she gone or did she give them notice? Give her a {{{BIG HUG}}} for me. *happy dance*

Thanks! I'll pass it along! :)

She's gone-gone, no notice. Those jacka**es didn't deserve notice. They're scrambling right now, and don't know what to do. Serves the buggers right.

donaldtoo

In my experience, as a person who sells these houses - a bit of both.
A lot depends on the price range.

Keep in mind, these are GTA prices.
Under $500K, they are living in every square foot.
$500K to a mill - lots of living, lots of toys.
$Million plus - need lots of bling and "showy" spaces (wine cellars, media rooms, lofts) to boast about.

EZZZZZACLY...!!! :)

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Thanks! I'll pass it along! :)

She's gone-gone, no notice. Those jacka**es didn't deserve notice. They're scrambling right now, and don't know what to do. Serves the buggers right.
Refresh my memory, please.
What did she do, and how long was she there?

Also, does she have anything else lined up immediately, or is she going to take a break until after the holidays?

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Almost booked Spirit Airlines to Orlando just now. Until those fees starting adding up and I remembered how crappy everyone said the airline is.

donaldtoo

Refresh my memory, please.
What did she do, and how long was she there?

Also, does she have anything else lined up immediately, or is she going to take a break until after the holidays?

She was a manager for a well-known shoe store chain. 4+ years.
She has nothing immediately lined up, but, nor does she need to. We're covered.
She'll probably have somethin' lined up soon enough, though, after a short break. She likes to keep busy.
But, no more retail, and somethin' with weekends off, this time. :)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
She was a manager for a well-known shoe store chain. 4+ years.
She has nothing immediately lined up, but, nor does she need to. We're covered.
She'll probably have somethin' lined up soon enough, though, after a short break. She likes to keep busy.
But, no more retail, and somethin' with weekends off, this time. :)

I am so happy that she left a position that only made her miserable. I'm certain she'll find another job where she will not be so stressed out. We've all had jobs that we didn't care for, at some point in our lives, and it can really just take the wind out of your sails. Best wishes to her, in her future endeavors.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I don't think I fractured anything but I did twist my ankle, which is how it started, I was stepping around a car at the end of a row heading to the entrance. The asphalt is in major patch sections and this had a good 2 inch drop to the next patch, twisted ankle and went flying. Mid fall I let go of coffee vs trying to save it (duh) and hit ground hard but I did roll with the impact. I was proud that after all these years I remembered to roll as that was drummed into our heads in Judo but I'm sure it wasn't pretty to watch, scared my DD. My hip took the worst of it, then ankle then side of hand, I didn't hit my head, blessed. Pup didn't get a walk last night.

Going back to car I looked at the lot, the entire thing is very uneven, they seem to add layers in areas that need to be fixed and overlap and do not bother at all to grade the patches level. I'm am so surprised that their village inspectors allow them to do this.

Sorry to hear that you took quite a tumble. At least you weren't injured badly. I'll bet that you're sore all over today though (often it takes 24-48 hours to feel all the associate aches and pains), and just take ibuprofen or aspirin to reduce the inflammation and discomfort.

One time I asked a doctor why you feel additional pain a day or two after a mishap, and he told me that sometimes it takes a while for your muscles to relax. As a defense, people tighten up when they first hit the ground, for example, and then they're wired from the trauma. Then, 24-48 hours later, you feel like crud all over because your body is relaxing and the pain starts to kick in even more. Sounds idiotic, but that's what I was told, and that's what I've experienced a number of times in these situations.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I just had a shower, and oh happy day, it was time to open a new bar of soap.
I like to switch it up every time. Tangerine, shea butter, satsuma, honey, mango, olive oil ....

Today's choice was coconut.
It was perfect ... milky white, pillow-shaped with the Body Shop logo perfectly stamped, wonderfully fragrant!

It should have remained pristine for at least another couple of showers.
Alas, I dropped it and completely smooshed one corner.
I am sad.

And now OCD me has to wait another month or so until it is time to open another perfect bar.

I have a solution for you! Why don't you switch to liquid soap? Then you wouldn't have to worry about any more smooshed corners on a bar of soap! (Oh, I have my moments, don't I?!!) :hilarious: :hilarious:

donaldtoo

I am so happy that she left a position that only made her miserable. I'm certain she'll find another job where she will not be so stressed out. We've all had jobs that we didn't care for, at some point in our lives, and it can really just take the wind out of your sails. Best wishes to her, in her future endeavors.

Thank you so much for your kind words! :)
She has impeccable work ethic and is very employable.
It really is awesome how much of a better mood she's in. :happy:

I may have just gotten a bit misty, right there... :oops:

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I have a solution for you! Why don't you switch to liquid soap? Then you wouldn't have to worry about any more smooshed corners on a bar of soap! (Oh, I have my moments, don't I?!!) :hilarious: :hilarious:
It's all in my head I know, but I don't feel clean after using liquid soaps and shower gels.
I really only use them to squirt on my pumice so I can scrub my elephant hoof heels.

TMI?

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Oh, believe me, they use 'em. Often.
But, I believe it's more about showin' off, than anything else... :cautious:

This kinda makes me sad. To each his own and all, and maybe I'm stuck in yesteryear: where a home was a happy place for families. Some families entertained, of course, but the focus was welcoming friends and relatives to your home, exchanging pleasant conversation, and sharing a nice home-cooked meal. I don't recall people having the need to show off expensive entertainment centers, etc., in their homes.

(I'll just retreat now to watch my reruns of Little House on the Prairie . . . :facepalm: )

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I had to pick up Son #1 at 4:00 a.m. (don't ask, I am still pi$$ed), and rather than scream at him the whole way home, I turned on the radio and listened to some show called Coast to Coast with George Noory.

Yowza - the world is full of whack-jobs.
Of particular interest was the lady who phoned in purporting that doctors (especially) were using a knock out drug (just a couple of granules in their hand waved under the victim's nose) and then catheterizing them to draw the adrenal (?) from their urine. Apparently it's been happening to her two or three times/week for years.

New rule - once you drop your baby on its head for the third time, just throw it away - lest it grow up to be a caller on the Coast to Coast AM Show.

ETA - Darn, this is some of the stuff I missed last night:

image.jpg

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom