Trip Report Finally back home. That is my WDW home.

Magical greetings, my fellow Disney freaks!
Some of you will have followed my countdown and now the counting down is about to become a reality.
Where else does anyone understand our passion for all things Disney other than here on this site?
My friends are starting to understand that Disney is part of my life. I don't know what's happening most of the time in the real world but in the Disney world I know what's happening daily!
I am going to attempt live (well daily reports) throughout our stay using Disney wi fi either at the end or beginning of the day - well that's the plan but if it gets too much I may need to pick up on my return but I will let you know.

I am a PA for work so I do need to be organised but I feel a bit over planned for this trip in terms of fast pass etc. I just hope it hasn't affected queue times too much in the parks but will feed back my thought. At the moment I have embraced it. Whilst it was in use last year the old fast pass ticket machines were still there.

I will be in Disney every one of our vacation days. In some cases hours rather than days. So we will see who makes it through to the end with me!
I have lived through others trip reports and thought I would return the favour to those feeling the Disney blues. - welcome aboard.
I hope I can inspire some of you (lurkers) to join to comment like Nicole @prfctlyximprct did to me! I got so into her report that most of my friends know about her and Chris asked when she was coming to stay! (And she's just got back from another trip) so especially for you Nicole I hope this helps you with those Disney blues.

Longers

Original Poster
image.jpg

Longers

Original Poster
Friday 21st November

We woke to the alarm at 7am - 16 nights in Disney had taken its toll.

We took our bags to Downtown Disney as Virgin offer a bag drop so you can just take your hand luggage to the airport.

It was very quick and we were soon on our way to golden corral for breakfast.

Stomached filled we headed back home to pick up our last few bits and to say goodbye to our room and home.
Needless to say it was quite emotional.

We got in the car and drove to Magic Kingdom. We figured a couple of hours was better than nothing and we had fast pass for Pirates and Haunted Mansion. May as well hit the favourites before we leave.

In the last few moments of leaving the move it shake it parade was about to start and Barbara (no trip to WDW is complete without seeing Barbara - she it's one of the staff and clears roads for parades - she is so funny, and is a great dancer) was there dancing away. This brought tears to my eyes. She clearly loves her job and I wish I was her :) if you are ever in WDW and she is there you will know who I mean.

We made the long drive to the airport and that is where we are now!
And we didn't get an ice cream on our last day ):

One thing to note - Alex & Ani bracelets set the alarms off on the scanning machines at the airport - so you have been warned if you buy any.

Managed to take this picture just now!

image.jpg

I will update further tomorrow/ Sunday with any photos from today as the camera is packed.
And hopefully I will be able to update with videos.

Until then...........

TB4244

It was lashing down when we sat in the departure lounge, and Id just read the tornado warning. So enjoy your last glimpse of the sunshine before you fly home to cold, wet Blighty. Safe flight.

Longers

Original Poster
:(Sorry you are at the airport. We are on NY Street waiting for Osborne light turn-on. But we are heading for home in the morning.

Barbara is a great CM and we also saw her this week. We have several favorite CMs.

Safe travels to you!

Hope you enjoyed your trip and the lights. I used to prefer them when they went through all the residential streets and one year we even got glasses that made everything twinkle which was pretty cool.
I LOVE Barbara - we have never spoken to her so she is totally unaware of that special place she has in our hearts
Safe travels home and thanks for following along

It was lashing down when we sat in the departure lounge, and Id just read the tornado warning. So enjoy your last glimpse of the sunshine before you fly home to cold, wet Blighty. Safe flight.

I took a photo of the sunset!
It's not been too cold today I actually think it was colder in Orlando last Tuesday than its been here today

Safe travels home! Thank you for sharing your trip with us. It was a great report to follow! I had a wonderful time following along.

Ahh Thank you for your kind words and for following along and glad you enjoyed it.

Hope you have a safe and comfortable trip home.

Not too bad and I mnaged to sleep a bit which is always a bonus!

Wow! That was a fast 16 days. Hope you had a safe flight home. Thanks for taking us along

It felt slow to us and I have been on many trips with you (albeit virtually) so glad that I could in some way return the favour. Thanks for following. - it was a pleasure to have you join us.

Longers

Original Poster
The end

So my trip is finally over, it's raining, dark and miserable outside the window and that's exactly how my heart feels!

I have left the Disney bubble and come back to reality with an almighty bump - and let me tell you it hurt - and I have cried.

I have noticed reading some of it back that whilst you may have guessed I am Disney mad I haven't always expressed all of my feelings and I think had I have done this trip report once I got home it probably would have included more of the passion and you would definitely have had more photos and a bit more detail. I also think I missed some key bits out but hey it's done now and for a first attempt I am pleased with it.

Would I do it again - of course yes, other reports have got me through the hard times so like I said in the beginning it's good to repay the favour.
Would I do it live (not sure) it took longer than I ever imagined and did make for some late nights just to get it updated daily. The reports I have stuck with have been those updated daily so I wanted to do the same thing so you could experience every day with us and feel like you were there.

We had good fun and created some great memories yet again. - it was busier than we have ever experienced in November I don't know if that is due to fast pass plus or just if everyone has been told November is quiet - it wasn't this year!
I feel like I have been in the world a lifetime which is a good thing as that's exactly what you need when you work hard all year.

We do have next year already booked and I am sure we will be back but for the first time in all these years visiting Disney we are wondering if we should give it a break and wait for things to settle. Others who we have spoken to who have also been every year like us also seem to be saying the same thing.

Thanks for holidaying with us, and following along. I hope you felt as though you were with us. For me the countdown has started again 348 days to go but whether we will change that to another date or to a shorter trip only the next few months will tell as I watch the forums to see what's happening back home.

Hopefully a few videos will be posted soon when I have time to pull together (for those of you interested)

In the meantime we will re live the memories with our little sayings we like to get into every day life to keep the Disney blues away

Cooly hot, hotly cool - from Ellen
Driver we are all clear beep beep - the trams that take you to the parking lot
We are gathered round the fire. And then the blow! - Illuminations
Por favour montengo, etc (you know how it goes but I can't spell it)
Captain - then I finish the sentence "you're a dead duck - backlot tour
That's proprioritory - Dinosaur

And like they say on the safari we don't like to say goodbye to friends so
Swahalini everyone. Thanks for following

Tiggertoo56

Thank you for sharing your time with us, it must have taken a lot of doing to keep up to date. As for your passion it truly came through and is a wonderful thing to have. Glad to hear your trip home was good and even though you are back in the cold wet UK you can think back to the magical disney bubble and read through other TRs. :cool::)

Tinkerbella16

Glad you had a great trip! And I agree, it was much busier than its ever been in November. We have been coming this time for years and i have never seen so many people everywhere. The cats out of the bag! I am back home missing my happy place as well. I already have next years planning started and I will be booking soon! I am going back Nov 13-21st! Staying in a royal room at POR! It may change to POFQ again.

Longers

Original Poster
Thank you for sharing your time with us, it must have taken a lot of doing to keep up to date. As for your passion it truly came through and is a wonderful thing to have. Glad to hear your trip home was good and even though you are back in the cold wet UK you can think back to the magical disney bubble and read through other TRs. :cool::)

It was certainly took more time than I ever imagined but I was trying to do on an. Ipad, with resort wi fi, and having to download pictures from my sd card back to the IPod but I got there (even with my temporary photo glitch).
Thanks for following along and glad you had a good trip too.

Glad you had a great trip! And I agree, it was much busier than its ever been in November. We have been coming this time for years and i have never seen so many people everywhere. The cats out of the bag! I am back home missing my happy place as well. I already have next years planning started and I will be booking soon! I am going back Nov 13-21st! Staying in a royal room at POR! It may change to POFQ again.

We have done the same weeks every year and I couldn't believe how busy it was. We are booked for 5th to 20th next year POR and my brother is joining us with his wife after our first day but I have told them it's quiet so we may need to rethink. I have checked touring plans for the same time next year and it's still predicting low crowds and I though that might have changed after these few weeks but maybe it's too early yet. I will keep checking the forums as only the room is booked and not the flights yet.
Sorry we missed you again. If we are there at the same time next year we should meet just to say hi!
Hope you had a great time too.

dukeaboy

Really enjoyed following your trip....have been going to disney in November for the last 7 years but wasnt able to this year...
So it was nice to tag along on your magical journey....great job...

Longers

Original Poster
Really enjoyed following your trip....have been going to disney in November for the last 7 years but wasnt able to this year...
So it was nice to tag along on your magical journey....great job...

Glad you enjoyed it. I think you would have noticed the crowds and the amount of people there (you can probably see in some of the photos)
Thanks for following along ;) Hope you get another trip booked for next year

acrab3t

Sunday 9th November cont ......
Good news it stopped raining. To be honest by 8am it was wet but not raining, Was rain in the air but not really enough to worry about and by early morning it was all but gone.

We decided to head off to the Golden Corral for breakfast.
You can't beat a good buffet and I just LOVE the bacon in the US.
I am sure when Americans come to the UK they must be really disappointed with the bacon it must seem really undercooked.
We filled our bellies and then hit the dessert section. And here came my dessert for today.
Marshmallow coveed with chocolate from the chocolate fountain - gee wiz chocolate fountain for breakfast I had died and gone to heaven. I added that to some chocolate ice cream. Sorry only remembered the photo when I had nearly finished but let me tell you it was certainly a way to start a day when you're on holiday.

View attachment 73078
As a Brit that was moved to the US as a small child, one of the things I miss the most is British bacon! Oh how I long to eat it instead of the fatty US version. True, the crispy, crunchy fat is tasty but nothing beats a full English breakfast. I load up in it when I go back home to visit family.:happy:

Tinkerbella16

We have done the same weeks every year and I couldn't believe how busy it was. We are booked for 5th to 20th next year POR and my brother is joining us with his wife after our first day but I have told them it's quiet so we may need to rethink. I have checked touring plans for the same time next year and it's still predicting low crowds and I though that might have changed after these few weeks but maybe it's too early yet. I will keep checking the forums as only the room is booked and not the flights yet.
Sorry we missed you again. If we are there at the same time next year we should meet just to say hi!
Hope you had a great time too.

Looks like my dates have already changed! We will be there the same time! Looks like I'll be there Nov 6-14th at Riverside! We should definitely meet!

Longers

Original Poster
As a Brit that was moved to the US as a small child, one of the things I miss the most is British bacon! Oh how I long to eat it instead of the fatty US version. True, the crispy, crunchy fat is tasty but nothing beats a full English breakfast. I load up in it when I go back home to visit family.:happy:

Interesting - but maybe that's because you were once British - although I can't deny there is nothing like a good full English fry up. Thanks for following along.

Looks like my dates have already changed! We will be there the same time! Looks like I'll be there Nov 6-14th at Riverside! We should definitely meet!

Will be following your countdown then and if we are there the same time we will meet!
If there is anything you want brought from the UK I could bring it for you. This year I bought a Harrods plastic bag for one of the cast members as she had always wanted one, however I think she must have left since last year as I couldn't track her down! - the bag ended up in the bin!

I loved following along on your tr. Thank you for posting it!

Thanks for following along we certainly had fun. I have been spending the day looking at all the photos we took.
Just need to work on the videos now but think that might take a bit of time........

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom