California Grill recommendations

Catyat

Original Poster
For those who have eaten at California Grill, what are your favorite menu items? We have ADRs for our upcoming trip, and the menu seems all over the place (sushi, steak, flatbreads!). I'd love to hear what you all have tried and liked. Thoughts? :)

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Me and DH were just there a few weeks ago for our Anniversary.
For our appetizers we had the Kaizan Roll(sushi) and the Meatballs. Absolutely delicious!! And you can use sushi as an appetizer for you if on the dining plan. Absolutely delicious!!! For my entree I had the Bison. It was either that or the filet and I am so happy I chose the Bison. It was the best cut of meat and so tender it melted in my mouth! Not gamey at all! They tell you that they use a certain cut of the meat to get rid of that gaminess etc. I hands down would get the same menu items next time I go back. Desert I had ordered a specialty cake so we did not have desert so I cannot speak for desert this time. We had a perfect view of Magic Kingdom/Castle with the window seat we had. Also we had the best waitress on property(and we have enjoyed a lot of signature and regular meals on property). Her name was Julie and I highly recommend her! She is who asked questions and got me who was going to get the filet to try the bison and was so soo happy she did! We loved it so much we already made reservations to go back during our next trip in May. Can't wait! :)
Hope you enjoy and I don't think you can go wrong with anything on the menu! :)

Last edited:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Know that the menu changes quite frequently as the chefs use mostly fresh and seasonal items in their dishes. So a flatbread on today's menu may not be the same next month.

That said, you would be hard pressed to find something that isn't absolutely amazingly delicious :hungry:

HouCuseChickie

As @Tuvalu noted, the menu changes. I had a flatbread there back in 2012 that was incredible, but I haven't seen it since. The flatbread I had a couple of weeks ago also isn't always on the posted menus...it was kind of like having an elevated Rueben sandwich on a flatbread.

DH always comes out of CG saying he should just stick with pork. He's had several different pork entrees on our visits that were far superior in his opinion to the beef filet. He also tried the pork belly nigri this past visit and said it was amazing.

I've had sushi on several of my visits and have found it all to be excellent; however, the sashimi was probably my most fave. The only thing I've had there that was truly disappointing was the goat cheese ravioli. Yes, I know it's been on the menu forever and is a fan fave, but I thought it was awful. So...I guess a lot of this is personal preferences. I had Ahi tuna this visit and while the lo mein and veggies were way too salty for me, the tuna was phenomenal.

Sweet Melissa

My recommendation is not to listen to anyone but the menu. Just choose the dishes that call to you, and you likely will not be disappointed.

Also, don't concern yourself too much with ordering the traditional appetizer/entrée/dessert combination. On most of our visits, we've been happiest sticking to the non-entrée selections. It's very easy to make a tasting menu here of several starters.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I went into the California Grill wanting the beef fillet but ended up getting the pork two ways and it was FANTASTIC! I am a picky eater and I figured the tenderloin would be okay, and I don't like polenta and I hadn't ever tried pork belly, and I ended up loving both. My only compliant was that there wasn't more. Hubby had the bison and really liked it, I liked the taste I had of it. We also shared the tomato flatbread and the chocolate pudding dessert, and both of those were great too.

LowesChevy

Pork two ways is very good, BLT flatbread and dragon roll were all excellent. I will also echo that the filet of beef was so so, underwhelming. AP has an amazing filet if you get there! We also had some fabulous banana fritters for dessert :)

senor_jorge

Barbara Eden+? Bring it!!
Pork Two Ways was fantastic. They nailed the tenderness on each. The goat cheese polenta was great as well. The Goat Cheese Ravioli is a great appetizer, especially when it's cool or chilly outside.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom