The Blue Bayou

Gojira ゴジラ

Original Poster
Greetings,

I decided to take another stab at the Blue Bayou after reading some excellent reviews in recent weeks.
Prior to this we've been there twice. Both with such an amazingly disgusted experience on the food and the service quality and the table where we were assigned to :(

Anyway, did any of you have any chance to dine there recently? What's your thought on the food and the service?

Thank you

GiveMeTheMusic

The food has not improved. You pay for the location - the food is just okay. For the price, you're better off at Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen, Napa Rose or Steakhouse 55.

The new Fantasmic dining package is quite worthwhile if you want the prime viewing and have an AP with a food discount, however.

Gojira ゴジラ

Original Poster
If you've been twice and you didn't enjoy it at either time, why are you going back? I would suggest trying some place else to eat.

As I said, I heard some recent reviews from reviewers who hated their food in the past. And they said the food was excellent. I guess I could walk to Carthay but it would be nice to have a dinner in nearby area when we are in Disneyland.

Gojira ゴジラ

Original Poster
The food has not improved. You pay for the location - the food is just okay. For the price, you're better off at Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen, Napa Rose or Steakhouse 55.

The new Fantasmic dining package is quite worthwhile if you want the prime viewing and have an AP with a food discount, however.

Ah cool. Yeah in that case I'm going to pass then. Thanks for the info

PacNWTigger

If you're looking for the cajun style food you should try The French Market Restaurant. My DH loves their cajun meatloaf, and I always enjoy the red beans and rice with andouille sausage. Everything is reasonably priced along with a nice selection of seasonal desserts. Plenty of seating outside to people watch as you eat. It is truly one of our favorite restaurants inside the park.

TP2000

About five years ago they screwed up the Monte Cristo sandwich recipe, and I haven't been back.

For a better meal at Blue Bayou prices I head to Catal or Ralph Brennan's. For a much, much better meal at slightly higher prices I go to Carthay Circle.

I had dinner at Napa Rose last week, after their two month refurbishment this August/September. I started with a glass of French champagne, then a harvest salad, then a rack of lamb and truffled mac n' cheese with a good cabernet, then chocolate pate' and coffee. You know what? That dinner at Napa Rose was no better than Carthay Circle and the service was a tick worse than Carthay Circle when it comes to attentiveness and grace. But it was more expensive than a similar meal at Carthay Circle.

Carthay Circle is my fave Disney restaurant now.

GiveMeTheMusic

About five years ago they screwed up the Monte Cristo sandwich recipe, and I haven't been back.

For a better meal at Blue Bayou prices I head to Catal or Ralph Brennan's. For a much, much better meal at slightly higher prices I go to Carthay Circle.

I had dinner at Napa Rose last week, after their two month refurbishment this August/September. I started with a glass of French champagne, then a harvest salad, then a rack of lamb and truffled mac n' cheese with a good cabernet, then chocolate pate' and coffee. You know what? That dinner at Napa Rose was no better than Carthay Circle and the service was a tick worse than Carthay Circle when it comes to attentiveness and grace. But it was more expensive than a similar meal at Carthay Circle.

Carthay Circle is my fave Disney restaurant now.

Weird. Maybe I need to try Carthay again. The one time we went the service was atrocious. Servers everywhere just standing around. Had to beg for refills, WOC tickets. Food was far from impressive. I know they've had a lot of internal struggles with the service model - it would be nice if that has been fixed.

216bruce

The food was 'OK', but as stated above the atmosphere and history associated with it is fantastic. We prefer Ralph Brennans which has a great vibe and great food (plus we like jazz). I'm going to try to get to Carthay in August when I'm back there. Couldn't get a table last time.

stargrl33

I was there in September. We went so I could cross it off my bucket list - aka, we were there for the atmosphere and not the food. The food exceeded my expectations. The ambiance sadly, did not - mostly due to the fact that we had to wait a half hour for a (bad) table despite having made reservations. Still glad we got to eat there and watch the boats go by. I mean, we needed binoculars since we were in the way back next to the bathrooms, but still.

Figments Friend

Another recommendation, for table service at Disneyland Part -

Cafe Orleans.

One word - Yum!

Good food, scenic location view and a swell spot for people watching ( sit outside ), plus decent pricing.
Oh...and home of the famous Monte Cristo sandwich but priced less then it is at Blue Bayou.
But it*s the delicious salads and Pomme Frittes people come here for...so....

...happy dining !

:)

Melissa Strause

The last time I was there was for my birthday November 15th. I've been there a few times before and I've never really had a bad experience. The food's always tasted pretty good, and while the service can get a bit slow at times it's never been too bad. Appreciate how they give you a little birthday treat too :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom