If you use a fast pass at a ride how long do you really wait?

kniquy

Original Poster
Just to help my planning for our upcoming trip I am curious to know when you get a fast pass for a ride -- just how long do you have to wait in the FP line?

For example if we FP tower of terror for an afternoon time. Do you actually have a wait in the FP line or do you tend to get right on within a few minutes?

I don't want to schedule our times too close together if by chance - in stead of waiting 60 minutes in the regular line you have a 20 min wait in the FP line.

Just not sure how quick the FP really is

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
It can vary quite a bit.

Most FP attractions will be walk on or close to it. Some of your larger E-tickets like RnRC, Space Mountain, etc can still have about a 10 +/- minute wait, but all it takes is a single breakdown to back up the line.

JohnD

It really depends on the ride queue. You could be "walk on" at the MB tap point but then find yourself still in a queue inside. Your walk could be as quick as all the way to the merge point with the standby queue or even then the FP+ queue could be backed up before the merge point.

In TOT, you merge at the Consierge's desk then enter a room for the pre-show similar to the portrait room in HM. When you're through with that, all in the room are merged together then given a choice of two separate queues. It's a cr*p shoot. There is no way to know which is the shorter line.

Tom

Beta Return
Soarin, for example, will still require a decent wait. You get to skip the 90-minute main queue, but at the merge point you enter the queue for a specific theater, and may end up waiting 2-3 ride cycles.

Whereas rides like Pirates are almost a walk-on since FP merges at the loading point.

Mia22

Really varies depending upon attraction , also if a ride has crashed eg our dinosaur fp, everyone used the open fp to ride everest. Still just a 10 min wait with fp

disney4life2008

Mine train i have never waited more than 5 minutes during very crowded times.

Toy Story no more than 10 minutes

Soarin once the merge about 15 to 20 varies

Space about 15 to 20. Thunder about 10. Splash walk on

Tinkerbella16

Was just there from Nov 12-18th and everything we had FP's for, we practically walked right on and had no waits. Not even for SDMT.. Both times with fp's we walked right on. It does vary though. Sometimes the FP line looked a little longer than it should at the actual FP entrance... but it never failed because each time it looked that way, half the people at the FP entrance didn't have fp's at all or it wasn't their time to use them and they ended up out of the line anyway. I swear people do not read signs anywhere! Its like their brains shut off in Disney. You'll see what I mean when you go! Lol

dreamfinder

I don't want to schedule our times too close together if by chance - in stead of waiting 60 minutes in the regular line you have a 20 min wait in the FP line.

This is why the system gives you an hour block, and doesn't let you overlap them. As stated, there are a few rides where FP can still take you 10-15 mins after entering the queue, but on the whole, the system won't let you overbook on purpose.

Philharmagically

I remember having a fair amount of trouble with Mission:Space last time I went using legacy fastpass. As a single rider, I ended up waiting for half an hour to get on to the ride. Is this still a problem with FP+?

stevehousse

It really depends on the ride. Most FP waits are less than 5 minutes...a few of the rides are more like 10-15. Te most time I ever waited in a que was for test track and Soarin, 25-30 for both.

dreamfinder

I remember having a fair amount of trouble with Mission:Space last time I went using legacy fastpass. As a single rider, I ended up waiting for half an hour to get on to the ride. Is this still a problem with FP+?

I'd question more if they needed to do some cleanup, or had an issue with one of the centrifuges. Either one of those can increase your wait time in a heartbeat.

Minnesota disney fan

Soarin, for example, will still require a decent wait. You get to skip the 90-minute main queue, but at the merge point you enter the queue for a specific theater, and may end up waiting 2-3 ride cycles.

Whereas rides like Pirates are almost a walk-on since FP merges at the loading point.

Ah,,,Tom, I can always count on you for the voice of reason on this site. You usually cut through the
"stuff" (controversial, sarcastic, snarky remarks) from others and just tell it like it is. I rely on your comments for the true picture. Thank you:)

RichVIII

As someone pointed out, the system won't let you overlap. I have found this past year, the FP waits are fairly short. Your best bet is to make the FP selection, once you are off the ride, try to shift the times of your upcoming FP to maximize your time. Of course sometimes they aren't available.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom