will disney build more hotels ever at WDW?

mm121

Original Poster
will disney build more hotels ever at WDW?

seems they'd want to keep some of this business in house, rather than giving this gold to outsiders by wasting disney land at flamingo crossings.

since it sat vacant for so long its really too bad they didnt opt to just develop it themselves. though the location isn't really ideal for a disney branded property.

i'm sure their getting back to a point business wise where an additional hotel could be justified especially since from the point of announcement to completion it would take a minimum of 2 more likely 3 years to build.

with occupancy around 80% and that some inventory has been converted to DVC.

mm121

Original Poster
Yes, I reckon adding one to the monorail would be a good idea...

theres really only one option to add to the current monorail line, though I know some have said this land has been deemed un buildable, with means $$$ to make it useable.

though a hotel was originally planned for this plot, I dont recall the theme proposed though.

monorail.jpg

ToTBellHop

This is an inherently ridiculous questions. The answer if obviously yes. In the next 10 years? Perhaps not. In the next 100 years. Certainly if WDW stays open that long.

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
I do not see building a new hotel any time in the next few years because of all the hotel space freed up by Disney vacation Club (DVC). Here is my reasoning. Many people and I am one of them, stayed at Walt Disney World hotels every year. I now stay at DVC and that frees a hotel room for someone else. As they added to all of the major hotels, more people purchased DVC and no long need rooms. This continues with the building of rooms at the Polynesian. I know many people that loved this resort and would stay no where else. Now they are considering DVC and will stay there. I know that this one is not as clean as Grand Florida where additional rooms where added, but it will still move people from Disney hotels to DVC. The only way I see more hotels is if Disney adds a 5th Gate and that is not going to happen any time soon.

Disnee4Me

If you keep adding more resorts, but don't expand the parks, people are going to get awfully annoyed be shoulder to shoulder with everyone else in the parks. Resort expansion should mean park expansion, whether in be in one of the current parks or a 5th park. With all that's being closed at the Studios, maybe they can expand there and add new rides, specifically related to Disney movies (and not just current movies like Frozen) but a lot of the classics too, which of course can be re-released what ... every 7 years, so a new generation of fans can enjoy them and then have a ride they can relate to the movie.

ryan1

though a hotel was originally planned for this plot, I dont recall the theme proposed though.

View attachment 74375

I believe the theme was Asian but it was cancelled and then it morphed into the Poly which was obviously built on a different site. There is a great article on the Passport to Dreams website about this site and the hotel that was proposed.

Glasgow

Let's see. The parks were opened in 71, 82, 89 and 98 right? That's intervals of 11, 7 and 9 years. The current interval is 16 years and counting. So my answer is yes, there will be more hotels.

Dad 2 M & M

Yes...and there will be more off-site as well...take a look up Palm Parkway next time you are bouncin' around DTD.....many parcels are well past grading and are (and have been for some time) siting idle...

mm121

Original Poster
Yes...and there will be more off-site as well...take a look up Palm Parkway next time you are bouncin' around DTD.....many parcels are well past grading and are (and have been for some time) siting idle...
wheres palm parkway? ever heard of it

Dad 2 M & M

Exit 535 and head west off of 1-4. Pass Hotel Plaza Blvd on left (Entrance to DTD)....it's the next right and runs parallel to 1-4. Olive Garden is on SE corner, 7-11 is on opposite corner.

lazyboy97o

Maybe at the Value level, but there is a reason they have taken more to converting existing rooms to Disney Vacation Club rooms.

Venetian and then the Mediterranean.

I believe the theme was Asian but it was cancelled and then it morphed into the Poly which was obviously built on a different site. There is a great article on the Passport to Dreams website about this site and the hotel that was proposed.
The Grand Floridians occupies the Asian's site.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Actually the Poly was always planned to be and was not a morphed project from The Asian Hotel...The Asian plot is where the Grand Floridian now stands.

mm121

Original Poster
Exit 535 and head west off of 1-4. Pass Hotel Plaza Blvd on left (Entrance to DTD)....it's the next right and runs parallel to 1-4. Olive Garden is on SE corner, 7-11 is on opposite corner.
that area could doesn't seem to have very good access to the parks themselves without getting in DTD traffic or getting on i-4, though that area would appeal to guests who wish to visit other than just disney locations vs flamingo crossing which is terrible access wise for non disney locals
Maybe at the Value level, but there is a reason they have taken more to converting existing rooms to Disney Vacation Club rooms.

would be cool if they would redo what use to be the institute and rebuild from scratch a hotel/ businesses over accross from the new DS, as it would seem logical for the new DS to have a hotel.

this could be done even as more of a boutique hotel, as I know what curretly sites on the site was just added into saratoga after the institute failed. this along with an expansion of the west side would make DS into a full fledged town, surrounding all of the lake.

I dont think they'd build anymore values right now, what is AoA classified as? its built where a value was going to go but from what people have said its priced more like a moderate

lazyboy97o

would be cool if they would redo what use to be the institute and rebuild from scratch a hotel/ businesses over accross from the new DS, as it would seem logical for the new DS to have a hotel.
They did tear down the Disney Institute and build a resort, Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa.

mm121

Original Poster
They did tear down the Disney Institute and build a resort, Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa.
some of the rooms were pre existing though, it wasn't completely built from scratch

just would be nice if whatever is accross the lake, connected better with the theme of being part of the village of disney springs

rather than being a stand alone resort with no true connection.

SS would remain, just redo the one section directly across from DS

ryan1

Venetian and then the Mediterranean.

The Grand Floridians occupies the Asian's site.

Actually the Poly was always planned to be and was not a morphed project from The Asian Hotel...The Asian plot is where the Grand Floridian now stands.

I knew it was one or the other. Thanks for the correction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom