Turkey Legs Outside the Parks

ExtinctJenn

Original Poster
DH and I were just chatting. On our next trip in January (details here) he has a goal of eating a turkey leg each day. The reason for this goal is on our last trip he didn't get a single one (and is NOT happy about it). I responded to him with "Well, you can have one each day we're at the parks at least." and that lead to "Wait... can you get them outside the parks?" I was somewhat flustered when I realized... I don't know!

JIMINYCR

WOW... a new goal I havent thought of before... a turkey leg every day. Now why didnt I think of it before. So simple but so .... meaty and greasy. YUMMMM!!!

ExtinctJenn

Original Poster
Lol! No unfortunately the only places that have them are in Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios. :)
AK has them as well
Ok so in reading the first two posts here I got really confused because I knew we had gotten them at Epcot before. LOL :D
They are available in all 6 parks and Downtown Disney.
When you say "6 parks" I assume you're referring to the water parks so my question is, where Downtown can you get them?
WOW... a new goal I havent thought of before... a turkey leg every day. Now why didnt I think of it before. So simple but so .... meaty and greasy. YUMMMM!!!
Well, typically this wouldn't be a goal but on our last trip we kept missing the chance and then when we finally did have the chance we were told the QS location we were at didn't have any (during typical lunch hour time... at a place with a big Turkey Leg sign advertising you could get them there). There's a really long frustrating version of that story but the end result is he made me promise to get him one each day to make up for it all. LOL!

Tom 55

DH and I were just chatting. On our next trip in January (details here) he has a goal of eating a turkey leg each day. The reason for this goal is on our last trip he didn't get a single one (and is NOT happy about it). I responded to him with "Well, you can have one each day we're at the parks at least." and that lead to "Wait... can you get them outside the parks?" I was somewhat flustered when I realized... I don't know!

Have you tried the pork shank over at Gastons? We liked that better than the turkey legs.

ExtinctJenn

Original Poster
Have you tried the pork shank over at Gastons? We liked that better than the turkey legs.
Honestly, yes we did and we were unimpressed. Maybe we got them on an off day or something but they were incredibly fatty and significantly smaller than the turkey legs. I enjoyed it, but it just wasn't on the same level for me unfortunately.

You can make your own as well...nom nom.
My husband actually found that video not long ago and started talking about it. LOL!

Bairstow

Honestly, yes we did and we were unimpressed. Maybe we got them on an off day or something but they were incredibly fatty and significantly smaller than the turkey legs. I enjoyed it, but it just wasn't on the same level for me unfortunately.

Plus it's just kind of bland.
I got one and was well sick of it before I was halfway done.
They need to put out some honey mustard sauce to go with it, or at least some pepper.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom