The feral cats of Disneyland

Cosmic Commando

That's a beautiful cat.

I'm curious, did you really approach the cat and try to take it home? LOL.

Christa wanted to. I reminded her what "feral" meant, but I told her that if she called it and it came, we could take it home. She called it from the sidewalk about 10 ft away, it couldn't have cared less, and we moved on. I'm honestly not sure how serious she was, but fortunately the cat didn't call her "bluff"! ;)

Side note: NEW SMILEYS!!!!!!! :facepalm::cat::cyclops::bookworm::greedy::banghead::angelic::arghh::bawling::bored::brb::cautious::cold::coldfeet::depressed::devilish::geek:

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
Christa wanted to. I reminded her what "feral" meant, but I told her that if she called it and it came, we could take it home. She called it from the sidewalk about 10 ft away, it couldn't have cared less, and we moved on. I'm honestly not sure how serious she was, but fortunately the cat didn't call her "bluff"! ;)

Side note: NEW SMILEYS!!!!!!! :facepalm::cat::cyclops::bookworm::greedy::banghead::angelic::arghh::bawling::bored::brb::cautious::cold::coldfeet::depressed::devilish::geek:

HAHAHAHAHA, maybe Christa will have better luck next time. Don't you guys already have a cat?

It's about time. MiceChat has better smileys.

TuffyCatt

I am quite the cat person (hence my screen name!), so would love to spot one of the famous Disneyland cats on our trip. You can bet we'll be keeping an eye out for them!

Thanks for all the info about them, Raven! I'm especially glad to hear that they're so well cared for and receive regular veterinary care. Since that's the case, I think it's such a cool behind the scenes thing for Disneyland to have and an efficient and natural way to keep some pests under control.

Cosmic Commando

I was looking for something in my photobucket and a I came across this: my very first feral cat sighting from way back in 2008! Much simpler times... no line to get into DCA!

100_1768.jpg

TheGenXer

Nov2012-0890.jpg

Nov2012-0891.jpg

Found this little guy on the walkway to the parking structure. Wanted to take him home, but he didn't want to come with us... I guess he liked living at Disneyland. It would be a cool souvenir, though. :D

Definitely part of a controlled feral population. His ear is "tipped." Usually done in catch/neuter/release control programs to indicate the kitty's been fixed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom