Got a call from Disney today

wendysue

Original Poster
So, we just got back home last evening, and today I received a call from WDW. I had sent an email complimenting a gentleman named Percy, who happened to be our mousekeeper in the 50's section of Pop Century. He was awesome. Also, Janath in the pool area went above and beyond. Disney thanked me for letting them know about the great service and wanted to know how the rest of the trip went. (Well, she asked):oops:
I told her about the dirty diaper in the line into Haunted Mansion. YUK.. I also let her know that while we had a great week, we knew it was the last time down there due to having to reserve everything, and eating cold food because stupid people cannot figure out how to use their dining plan when going through the checkout. We finally rented a car, and ate offsite. Anyway, I was still pleasantly surprised that they would call me so soon.

epcotisbest

So, we just got back home last evening, and today I received a call from WDW. I had sent an email complimenting a gentleman named Percy, who happened to be our mousekeeper in the 50's section of Pop Century. He was awesome. Also, Janath in the pool area went above and beyond. Disney thanked me for letting them know about the great service and wanted to know how the rest of the trip went. (Well, she asked):oops:
I told her about the dirty diaper in the line into Haunted Mansion. YUK.. I also let her know that while we had a great week, we knew it was the last time down there due to having to reserve everything, and eating cold food because stupid people cannot figure out how to use their dining plan when going through the checkout. We finally rented a car, and ate offsite. Anyway, I was still pleasantly surprised that they would call me so soon.
That is kinda cool they followed up with you in a more personal way than an email reply.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Depending on the subject of the e-mail, they will call. I've e-mailed and have received both phone calls and e-mails in response. And the subject of my e-mails have been varied. And I also try to answer surveys, especially those asked by CMs as you leave the parks.

Goofyernmost

But you cant fault Disney for dumb guests.
They most certainly can and most certainly will.

Disney should have a multiple choice quiz that everyone must pass before they are allowed in the park. Some sample questions might be...

1. So your young one just loaded his/her diaper, you should....
A. Wad it up and throw it on the ground wherever you might be standing at the time.
B. Wait until no one is around and throw it in the bushes.
C. Take it to the nearest beautifully themed Restroom and dispose of it properly.

2. You come up to a queue area that has a 50 minute wait, you should...
A. Decide if you want to see it bad enough to wait that long and if you do... get in line.
B. Go to Guest Services and tell them that when you have to stand in line for over 10 minutes you will break out in boils.
C. Wait for someone in the line that looks a little sheepish to be distracted and go under the chain in front of them. They'll never notice.

It's questions like that which are needed to separate the bad from the good. If they answer the questions correctly, let them go. (Sorry)

Last edited:

jcldtrek

Ok coming from a person who works in the field of restaurant management, I can say the general customer base you get lately are people that don't clean up after themselves and leave messes. Also , they can go to the restaurant everyday and God forbid if they ever can know what they want when they order. On busy days they complain theirs lines, no crap it's lunch on a Saturday. Then you get the Mr and Mrs cleans that come in and want a 4 star looking place when your busy as hell. Now you get the nice person who says how great the service is and you tell them thanks and here do the survey or call and let them know how great it was. Later we get the results and low and behold they do the complimen and then add in there about something that of course they didn't like. They can't just do the nice thing, gotta throw the dig in there as well. People are more and more getting like this. Now compare that ramble to the awesome visit with the not so good things ramble. Hello it's disney, there's lines mostly anywhere you go and people aren't all perfect or machines it sometimes takes time. Patience is a virtue. Next topic, I really pitty the person who doesn't do reservations and think their gonna get in with no wait or issues. This is nothing new, our first time to disney after a 10 hiatus, in 2003 , weren't told about making reservations for pop places to eat. When we were at the parks trying to get in to eat we were told needed reservations. Went to chef mickey and waited a wonderful 2 hrs to get a seat. After that trip we made those reservations soon as they were avail. In a nutshell, nothing can ever be perfect in everyway, especially when your have so many different kind of pepole there and the large amounts of pepole as well.

wendysue

Original Poster
I don't do reservations, and never expect to get into the restaurants so do not even try. I would however, like to eat their expensive food at least WARM just once. That didn't seem to be possible so we went offsite. No big deal. I think they could alleviate that problem with separate checkout lines for cash, debit, etc. Having to wait while the cashier told someone that they get 2 desserts with their meal, and then those people running off to get said desserts while our food gets cold is not acceptable.
Other than that, this last trip (meaning not going back) to WDW was a GREAT week. It was mostly sunny and beautiful! I let them know about all the great things that happened and the people who did make it special. We have had many great vacations there, but now time to move on. The rest of you continue to have magical trips and I will read about them....

Killnme

They most certainly can and most certainly will.

Disney should have a multiple choice quiz that everyone must pass before they are allowed in the park. Some sample questions might be...

1. So your young one just loaded his/her diaper, you should....
A. Wad it up and throw it on the ground wherever you might be standing at the time.
B. Wait until no one is around and throw it in the bushes.
C. Take it to the nearest beautifully themed Restroom and dispose of it properly.

2. You come up to a queue area that has a 50 minute wait, you should...
A. Decide if you want to see it bad enough to wait that long and if you do... get in line.
B. Go to Guest Services and tell them that when you have to stand in line for over 10 minutes you will break out in boils.
C. Wait for someone in the line that looks a little sheepish to be distracted and go under the chain in front of them. They'll never notice.

It's questions like that which are needed to separate the bad from the good. If they answer the questions correctly, let them go. (Sorry)

3. You are at WDW with a group of 40, you should...
A. Cover the whole walkway and walk at a snail's pace.
B. Continue doing A as you chant all the way through the theme park.
C. Walk in small groups and step to the side to take photos or wait for someone.

NYwdwfan

Having to wait while the cashier told someone that they get 2 desserts with their meal, and then those people running off to get said desserts while our food gets cold is not acceptable.

Just curious where this happened? All of the quick service restaurants I have eaten at have you order and pay first, then step ahead to wait for your food. I'd like to avoid wherever this was.

wendysue

Original Poster
Just curious where this happened? All of the quick service restaurants I have eaten at have you order and pay first, then step ahead to wait for your food. I'd like to avoid wherever this was.

Should have said that mainly this happened at the food courts. There was an issue at Pecos Bills with 7 family members and the dining plan but let's just say that when we finally got food there, it was really good, and love that fixin's bar!

KCheatle

I've learned that you really need to approach Disney with a lot of patience. What I've learned from my past few trips is that when people are on vacation in WDW, (1) many of them are spending a lot more time with their children (whether teenagers or toddlers) than they normally do and they're exhausted, and (2) even professional grown adults just really shut down mentally. I don't mean that in a completely negative way. I think it's important to "turn off" that part of you that needs to always be on time, organized, courteous, responsible, mature, etc. What happens though is that sometimes you do things and you think later, wow, I really shouldn't have done that :eek: But, it is a delicate balance of letting yourself be a kid for awhile, and then realizing what happens when you let yourself be a kid for awhile.

My DH and I have both caught ourselves making really terrible decisions when we're on vacation. We are both full-time working professionals, and we have two young kids. With everything going on, we are on-the ball 99% of the time. But, when we vacation, we like to turn that part of ourselves off for awhile and just "not think."

Now, I've never left a diaper in line, and I don't see myself ever intentionally doing that. But, as a mom, I definitely can see how someone could do it: you've stood in line forever, you're exhausted from hauling your baby and all of it's stuff around, you're about to get on the ride when your baby makes that dreaded pushing noise. You quick run through your options - do I get out of line and leave my family and miss the ride or do I just change the baby quick and stay with my family? Trying to be Super Mom, you quick strip the baby and do a diaper change. You think to yourself. "Yea! I got this!" You pack all the crap back up and get on the ride. You feel great that you got to experience this all with your family! You get off the ride, walk to the trash can, and as you're digging through the diaper bag to find the diaper you realize... I left the poopy diaper in the line!! You panic, but then realize there is nothing you can do at this point. So, you guiltily walk away and berate yourself; stripping your "super mom" title; and hoping that whoever found it is another mom who understands that you were trying your best.

I just try to put myself in people's shoes. I assume that people are not trying to be dumb, but that sometimes we just make mistakes even if we're trying our best to be "Super Mom!"

Killnme

We always leave for a mid-day rest period. It saves our bodies and minds in the long run.

We have a saying in our family when we hear a meltdown at Disney. We say "ahh the sounds of Disney". Its funny b/c our 10 yr old now joins in with us on it.

Pixie VaVoom

I've learned that you really need to approach Disney with a lot of patience. What I've learned from my past few trips is that when people are on vacation in WDW, (1) many of them are spending a lot more time with their children (whether teenagers or toddlers) than they normally do and they're exhausted, and (2) even professional grown adults just really shut down mentally. I don't mean that in a completely negative way. I think it's important to "turn off" that part of you that needs to always be on time, organized, courteous, responsible, mature, etc. What happens though is that sometimes you do things and you think later, wow, I really shouldn't have done that :eek: But, it is a delicate balance of letting yourself be a kid for awhile, and then realizing what happens when you let yourself be a kid for awhile.

My DH and I have both caught ourselves making really terrible decisions when we're on vacation. We are both full-time working professionals, and we have two young kids. With everything going on, we are on-the ball 99% of the time. But, when we vacation, we like to turn that part of ourselves off for awhile and just "not think."

Now, I've never left a diaper in line, and I don't see myself ever intentionally doing that. But, as a mom, I definitely can see how someone could do it: you've stood in line forever, you're exhausted from hauling your baby and all of it's stuff around, you're about to get on the ride when your baby makes that dreaded pushing noise. You quick run through your options - do I get out of line and leave my family and miss the ride or do I just change the baby quick and stay with my family? Trying to be Super Mom, you quick strip the baby and do a diaper change. You think to yourself. "Yea! I got this!" You pack all the **** back up and get on the ride. You feel great that you got to experience this all with your family! You get off the ride, walk to the trash can, and as you're digging through the diaper bag to find the diaper you realize... I left the poopy diaper in the line!! You panic, but then realize there is nothing you can do at this point. So, you guiltily walk away and berate yourself; stripping your "super mom" title; and hoping that whoever found it is another mom who understands that you were trying your best.

I just try to put myself in people's shoes. I assume that people are not trying to be dumb, but that sometimes we just make mistakes even if we're trying our best to be "Super Mom!"

I call 'BS' on that!!! That may be the case with YOU, because your post shows you to be a caring, thoughtful individual. BUT, most people are just LAZY and ENTITLED, and IRRESPONSIBLE, and have NO HOME TRAINING. They would not let their OWN home get in that kind of state, but in public...well it is ok because (they think) "it is ALL ABOUT ME !!!"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom