BittyBoo

Original Poster
Looking for a lower prices hotel ~<$120/night

Finding things like:
Radisson Lake Buena Vista
Sheraton Lake Buena Vista ($20 RF)
Grande Villas ($6 RF)
Buena Vista Suites (- RF)
Holiday Inn Lake Buena Vista (on State Rd) ($15 RF)
Wyndham Lake Buena Vista

Hilton DTD has a nice price, but a $22/day resort fee!

We live about an hour away, but haven't stayed off site in ages. Nearly 10 years ago. I think I'm leaning towards the Radisson. Advice or opinions? Value resorts are around $100-$110 so It can't be much more expensive. I just know I can spend just a little more for much better room.

ratherbeinwdw

Looking for a lower prices hotel ~<$120/night

Finding things like:
Radisson Lake Buena Vista
Sheraton Lake Buena Vista ($20 RF)
Grande Villas ($6 RF)
Buena Vista Suites (- RF)
Holiday Inn Lake Buena Vista (on State Rd) ($15 RF)
Wyndham Lake Buena Vista

Hilton DTD has a nice price, but a $22/day resort fee!

We live about an hour away, but haven't stayed off site in ages. Nearly 10 years ago. I think I'm leaning towards the Radisson. Advice or opinions? Value resorts are around $100-$110 so It can't be much more expensive. I just know I can spend just a little more for much better room.
I always recommend Doubletree Suites across and down a little from Downtown Disney-large rooms with separate bedroom, kitchenette, large safe, recently refurbished. They don't have a rf, but you do pay for parking.

PoohsHunny

I like adding on a few extra days before my "real" vacation starts...my prevacation before my vacation. I have always booked the Holiday Inn on Plaza Drive but this time I got a great deal on the Holiday Inn on State Rd. I booked it through either hotels.com or trivgo. I had one booked for the Best Western but did have a bad experience there years before with the room temperature. I was reading the current reviews and it seems to still be an issue. Otherwise Best Western was ok, but I absolutely love Holiday Inn. So, I initially booked the Best Western with the option to cancel and within a week got another offer from one of the 2 online sites I mentioned and it was a much better deal for the Holiday Inn so I booked that and canceled Best Western. I have always had great stays at Holiday Inn so I feel very comfortable choosing a different one. For a 6 night stay it was only $455 (with tax, but does not include the daily hotel fees). I can still cancel so unless I get an even better deal at a Holiday Inn I am staying with this one. I know the bus service from the Holiday Inn on Plaza Drive is very good and I never had any issues getting to and from the parks. I just could not get a better price per night for the one on Plaza Dr. under $85/night, which is still good but really wanted to spend a little less if I could. I think the Best Western which I was finding better prices per night than any other is currently under rennovation so check on that before booking. I also stayed at Westin Hotel a couple nights in the past and liked that hotel as well but do not remember price. I do hope this helps.

HollyAD

I visited my friends who stayed at the Wyndham LBV last year and they were disappointed. The more expensive rooms in the "tower" were probably nicer. But they paid around 100$ a night for a motel looking room. It was small, damp, and not great.

Have you looked at the Bonnet Creek resorts? I find the Wyndham Bonnet Creek for about 89$ a night plus a resort fee on my hotels tonight app. The "B" resort is also frequently available for a nice price on the app and is newly renovated and in the DTD area.

Pixie VaVoom

DH and I had a week this last January at "Vacation Village at Parkway". It was a nice 1 bedroom with a full living room, dining room, and a jacuzzi bathroom that we could have played tennis in!! They had free shuttles to the Disney "T+T center", and @ $30 actvity fee (per week booking) which included a shuttle to any address within 3 miles - tons of restaurants and shopping !! @ $750 for the week.

Chernaboggles

Depending on how long you plan to stay, check VRBO or HomeAway or FlipKey for rentals. You can get some amazing deals very close to the parks, and pay the same or sometimes less than you would for a hotel, with TONS more space

OSUgirl77

I always like the Hilton DTD because they have access to EMH. The transportation to the parks is also better than most offsite hotels.

yensid67

Hey BittyBoo!

go to visitorlando.com and download a MagiCard discount card from their site...then do a search on their site for hotels. The Clarion LBV(clarionlbv.com) is a great place top stay...we stayed there on our last trip. but I think with MagiCard its $69.99/ night and includes a breakfast buffet each morning! Check it our I don't think you will be disappointed...pillow top mattresses, micro/frig/coffee maker, 2 pools, on site convenience store lite bite café, bar/grille, game room, self service laundry and business center! I will recommend this hotel up and down as the best hotel I have ever stayed in...it's a Rosen brand property and all the Rosen properties are the same in amenities! YOU CAN'T GO WORNG WITH ROSEN! Even The Rosen @ Pointe Orlando is a little cheaper if you want to stay on I Drive!?

THERE IS NO RESORT FEES EITHER! and its the same price for 1-4 people in same room!

R W B

Depending on how long you plan to stay, check VRBO or HomeAway or FlipKey for rentals. You can get some amazing deals very close to the parks, and pay the same or sometimes less than you would for a hotel, with TONS more space
I've used Brno and homeaway for a few different vacations, mostly beach related. Although I did use it for a short WDW one time, we rented a 3bd room condo on 192 (right off property) for $75 per night. Best deal I've ever had. The condo was completely modern and up to date with everything.

Hey BittyBoo!

go to visitorlando.com and download a MagiCard discount card from their site...then do a search on their site for hotels. The Clarion LBV(clarionlbv.com) is a great place top stay...we stayed there on our last trip. but I think with MagiCard its $69.99/ night and includes a breakfast buffet each morning! Check it our I don't think you will be disappointed...pillow top mattresses, micro/frig/coffee maker, 2 pools, on site convenience store lite bite café, bar/grille, game room, self service laundry and business center! I will recommend this hotel up and down as the best hotel I have ever stayed in...it's a Rosen brand property and all the Rosen properties are the same in amenities! YOU CAN'T GO WORNG WITH ROSEN! Even The Rosen @ Pointe Orlando is a little cheaper if you want to stay on I Drive!?

THERE IS NO RESORT FEES EITHER! and its the same price for 1-4 people in same room!

Just checked out their website and the place seems nice. The quite I got for early dec was $79/night and dropped to $67.99 of you're a AAA member.

One question though, under their Walt Disey World tab it says they sell Skip The Line passes at the front desk. Guess that was suppose to go under the Universal tab?

yensid67

Glad I could help RWB...Please remember to pass this information of where you booked your hotel in your trip planning and trip report!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom