Park Hopper

wolfeman

Original Poster
Been going to Disney for years now. I was just wondering, we always had a Park Hopper, but maybe next time we would not. Is it difficult to be in 1 park all day? Just looking for different thoughts. We may spend the day at MK and then eat in Epcot, buy feel rushed to get to the restaurant on time...like I said just trying to get other thoughts. thanks.

wolfeman

Original Poster
So my question is do you always need to purchase a hopper? We have. I just wondering what's it like not to have the luxury of park hopping...

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
So my question is do you always need to purchase a hopper? We have. I just wondering what's it like not to have the luxury of park hopping...
If you enjoy visiting one park a day, then no. Suppose it all depends on how you like to spend your days....

iluvMainStMagic

We like a park hopper for "longer" stays (like 5-6 park days), but recently we tried a 3-day trip without a hopper and it worked out very well. We already knew we weren't going to try to visit the 4th park, and there was plenty to do for 1 day in the parks we chose to visit. We did some things we haven't in a long time, and missed a few things we usually do. Even though we only had one day in a given park, we decided to not stress, made some FP+'s, and just enjoyed what we did do - and it turned out to be a great trip.

Chef Mickey

I think you're really limiting yourself without the park hopper. It's a pretty much must have add on or you'll end up being less efficient in what you can see.

The only time I didn't do a Park Hopper was a 2 day visit over a weekend. I did MK one day and EPCOT the other. If you have really short time, you'll could burn a little time traveling between parks but that is minimal with planning.

Even with just 3 days, I'd do a Park Hopper. It's not that expensive and you get a lot more value. Save money another way if that's the concern.

DABIGCHEEZ

We have not had park hoppers the last 10years or so. We get to park near open and stay until night tine show. We take our time and still manage to see it all. Yep...even at AK! At DHS... the 5:30 to 8pm time frame gets hard to fill nowadays. We found we were wasting too much time traveling between parks when we could have been on attractions. Plan your meals around what park you pan n that particular day. You most definately do not needa park hopper IMO

minniemickeyfan

Our family has had a annual pass the last couple of years so that includes park hopping of course. With a now two year old, been going with him since he was 5 months old, we have had to come back to the resort for a nap for him so we park hop most days but not all.
The years before with just our older child, we would not get the park hopper all the time because we enjoyed staying in the park all day. You really can get more attractions done this way. We also enjoyed the "doing everything at MK in a day or die plan". Traveling does take time. My suggestion is if you want to try the no park hopping, you can always add it on the trip if its not working for you. And if you think AK won't be a whole day, you could plan a dinner at DTD, or at a resort to fill the evening.
I actually look forward to one day again spending the whole day at a park without leaving for naps.

Goofyernmost

It really depends on what type of tourist you are. Personally, I always get a park hopper. Always! I never know when I might just decide to go to a different park so I don't want to be delayed by having to add a Park Hopper if I want to hop at the last minute.

I do, though, stay offsite and have most of my big meals offsite as well. Therefore, at whatever time I feel hungry I leave the park and drive to an offsite restaurant. Then when I come back, I might return to the same park for the evening or I might go to a different one.

If, however, you have had to make ADR's 6 months out, it is probably more useful to just stay in one park all day so you can plan your ADR's accordingly.

Disclaimer: One also has to take into account that I have a very short attention span. I get tired of one place fairly quickly so I tend to move around a lot more then most probably.

DizneyPryncess

We do not do park hoppers. We arrive at rope drop for the parks, and stay until lunch. Then our 3 year old needs a nap & break, so we had back to the resort. After naps, we go back to the same park & finish up there. We stay for the evening shows if there are any. I don't miss not having the park hopper and feel like I wouldn't use it even if I had it, but that's just what works best for my family. Everyone has totally different situations. Before I had kids, DH & I always used a hopper, and made more use of it. :)

CAPTAIN HOOK

For UK guests, the tickets ALWAYS have the Hopper option attached. We usually visit for 14 days and 90% of the time will remain within the one park from start to finish. It is nice to have the option to visit another park on any given day, should the fancy take us

Goofyernmost

For UK guests, the tickets ALWAYS have the Hopper option attached. We usually visit for 14 days and 90% of the time will remain within the one park from start to finish. It is nice to have the option to visit another park on any given day, should the fancy take us
See that's why we don't get that perk in the states. In the states we don't know what a "fancy" is or where to find one. :joyfull:

SAV

Our first trip ever we did buy the hoppers but we found ourselves not hopping and just staying in one park per day. So for us it is easy to stay in one Park per dayand not waste the money. I don't see the need for hopping, since there is plenty to do in each Park.

Chef Mickey

Park Hoppers are also great to make the best of difficult situations for which you can't always plan.

For example, sometimes, a particular park might be overcrowded and you need to leave. Happens all the time at MK, even on "non crowded" days.

Also, weather could turn and you wouldn't want to be stuck at a mostly outdoor park like AK.

rt06

I find that with an 8 day stay, park hopper is unnecessary. Two days for each park allows you to accomplish a lot.

CheshireCat12

For me it depends on how long I'm staying and what my ADRs look like. I visited with a two day ticket, no hopping and just did MK and Epcot. Two very nice full days. But for a longer trip, I like to have a plan to spend AM in one park and PM somewhere else, breaks it up and makes more chances to get to WS for all the great restaurants!

JIMINYCR

We always purchase the park hopper and dont think we would like being without it. Sure if it came down to not having the funds to get them added on and we had no choice, we could make it work. It would mean either spending more time wandering in the one park a day, repeating rides & shows or doing more DTD, mini golf, resort viewing, time outside the park. It is doable but I wouldnt choose to do it that way. It's Park Hoppers for us.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom