The Park Formerly Known as Disney's Hollywood Studios? Yep ...

omurice

Without going through all these pages - is RSR on the board for coming to DW? If so, wouldn't that be an exact replica of TT?
Saying RSR is a replica of TT, that is like saying all omni-movers must be the same, therefore Haunted Mansion = Dreamflight = Under the Sea with the LIttle Mermaid. Those are 3 totally different experiences on a similar ride system. RSR is very different from TT, but do not take my word for it, go to Anaheim and ride RSR for yourself. :)

That said, if RSR did come to Florida, it is likely to be fundamentally different. If they remove the outdoor race, and value-engineer the ride system, Racers will not make sense in the name. With the dark ride parts of RSR only, it might get a new name, let's say for grins...
"Radiator Springs Story".

mahnamahna101

I think everyone thinks thrill = E ticket.
No...

I called Fearfall a D-ticket. It's got a decent queue and alright facade (better than anything at Six Flags or Cedar Point). It has a pre-show of sorts. The only thing that makes it not an E-ticket is the underwhelming ride experience and the fact that its ride portion is unthemed. It's also a bland Space Shot. If it were an enclosed ToT-esque experience, then I might consider it an E.

Here's how I'd rank IOA's attractions

As
  1. If I Ran the Zoo
  2. The Mystic Fountain
  3. Oh, the Stories You'll Hear

Bs
  1. Storm Force Acceleration
  2. Caro-Seuss-El
  3. One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish
  4. Triwizard Spirit Rally
  5. Frog Choir
  6. Me Ship, the Olive
  7. Jurassic Park Discovery Center (just a couple outdated exhibits... put a dark ride inside and some updates, becomes a nice C/D ticket)

Cs
  1. High in the Sky Seuss Trolley Train Ride
  2. Eighth Voyage of Sinbad
  3. Ollivander's
  4. Flight of the Hippogriff
  5. Pteranodon Flyers
  6. Camp Jurassic

Ds
  1. Hogwarts Express
  2. Poseidon's Fury (give it an update and it's a solid D)
  3. Dr. Doom's Fearfall
  4. The Cat in the Hat

Es
  1. Incredible Hulk Coaster
  2. The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man
  3. Popeye and Bluto's Bilge-Rat Barges
  4. Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls (the ride experience is fun, the theming is still above-average compared to most flumes, and all it needs is for Uni Creative to spend $40-50 million finishing the rest of the ride, as planned back in 1999/2000)
  5. Kong attraction (should be)
  6. Jurassic Park River Adventure
  7. Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey
  8. Dragon Challenge
One could argue Dudley is a D since it's unfinished and that Poseidon is a C since it's a little underwhelming... but that still gives IOA 12 D and E ticket (headliner) attractions compared to DHS' potential 8. And that doesn't include IOA's future expansions/renovations.

Magenta Panther

Haven't read all 64 pages so if already discussed just ignore, but I'd think that a section dedicated to villains or some kind of trackless villains ride would be pretty sweet especially with the recent involvements to incorporate villains.

A Disney Villains Attraction and/or Land would be an ENORMOUS hit. No doubt about it. And it would fit nicely in MK or DHS. I daresay that the reason such an idea hasn't been exploited by TDO (because said idea has doubtless occurred to them) is MONEY. TDO HATES to spend money. And since the Villains have enormous adult appeal, even TDO knows it couldn't just cheap-out something, it'd have to spend REAL money to satisfy the guests. And TDO doesn't want to do that. Because they're TDO. :p

Either that or they just haven't figured out yet which existing attraction they could slap a cheap Villains overlay on...

erasure fan1

A Disney Villains Attraction and/or Land would be an ENORMOUS hit. No doubt about it. And it would fit nicely in MK or DHS. I daresay that the reason such an idea hasn't been exploited by TDO (because said idea has doubtless occurred to them) is MONEY. TDO HATES to spend money. And since the Villains have enormous adult appeal, even TDO knows it couldn't just cheap-out something, it'd have to spend REAL money to satisfy the guests. And TDO doesn't want to do that. Because they're TDO. :p

Either that or they just haven't figured out yet which existing attraction they could slap a cheap Villains overlay on...
I am going to put my money more on this and the fact that they seem to think anything villain is "too scary".

disney4life2008

Saying RSR is a replica of TT, that is like saying all omni-movers must be the same, therefore Haunted Mansion = Dreamflight = Under the Sea with the LIttle Mermaid. Those are 3 totally different experiences on a similar ride system. RSR is very different from TT, but do not take my word for it, go to Anaheim and ride RSR for yourself. :)

That said, if RSR did come to Florida, it is likely to be fundamentally different. If they remove the outdoor race, and value-engineer the ride system, Racers will not make sense in the name. With the dark ride parts of RSR only, it might get a new name, let's say for grins...
"Radiator Springs Story".

I did ride rsr 3 weeks ago and ranked it top 3 between dlr and wdw. It was amazing. With that said, the new tt is a bore minus the track. I would welcome rsr at hs.

WildcatDen

But Doom's not a drop tower; it's a space shot.
At 300 feet, the drop tower at King's Island is sweet. I love getting to the top and telling my daughter, hey, I think I can see our house from here. . . which of course, I can't since we live 20 miles away. Fun to do at night. My kids road Doom and said it was lousy.

WildcatDen

The roller coaster is a particle accelerator experiment (the tube launch) meant to cure Banner of being the Hulk. It backfires and causes the riders to become Hulks, twisting up the tracks.
Really? Had NO CLUE that was the story. I do like the ride, however. Good fun!

Cosmic Commando

At 300 feet, the drop tower at King's Island is sweet. I love getting to the top and telling my daughter, hey, I think I can see our house from here. . . which of course, I can't since we live 20 miles away. Fun to do at night. My kids road Doom and said it was lousy.
Actually, the horizon is 21.2 miles away if you're 300 ft in the air... so you could theoretically see your house!

WildcatDen

Actually, the horizon is 21.2 miles away if you're 300 ft in the air... so you could theoretically see your house!
Good point, but in this case, elevation changes do not allow for line of sight. Still it is a nice view and the rush when the mechanism let's go is SWEET! Wow, just reread that, a little slower and pausing for effect, der tee.

Travel Junkie

MiceChat reports this morning that one of the rides going into DHS’s Toy Story Land will be a copy of Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree at DCA, but will be rethemed to Woody. For those who haven’t been, it is a nicely themed whip ride that is a lot more fun than it appears. If true it would be a nice addition, even if Playland idea is not that strong.

Zac Skellington

It sets you up in a record studio, you get to tour where all the magic happens. You see various studios in the middle of recording, and all the artists who have been there before. You have the opportunity to see Aerosmith, of all famous rock bands, in the studio working. They decide they want to bring you with them to their concert and give you the VIP experience, but, it wouldn't be rock n' roll unless they gave you the ultimate experience. You leave the studio, and you're in the back alley. Every little thing is detailed. Street signs, the garage. The limo pulls up, as if it's coming out of the garage, ready to take you. They turn on Aerosmith in the car, and as you speed off into the night, you speed through the expressway, passing signs noting you're on your way to the big show. It's an intense ride, you narrowly avoid a semi as you dash to make the concert in time. Once you arrive, traffic signs show you to slow down, and when you land, you're on the red carpet, truly receiving the VIP experience as promised, and as you walk through the turnstiles, you watch aerosmith perform live on an array of monitors.

That is a FULLY featured story, immersion, and says exactly what it meant to say.

What's Hulk's story? Hulk mad...Roller coaster?

Any coaster is just a coaster, it's what you do with it and how you make the story clear from start to finish. That's immersion.
I don't know... Yes, RnRC has a story, but immersion? I think that's a bit of a stretch.
Ha ha... in fact, make it a super-stretch. :D:cool:

Goofyernmost

I don't know... Yes, RnRC has a story, but immersion? I think that's a bit of a stretch.
Ha ha... in fact, make it a super-stretch. :D:cool:
A case could be made that immersion in any and all Disney rides are a bit of a stretch, but, many seem to achieve it. Every ride I have ever done I have always felt that I was on the outside looking in. I never once thought that I was part of it.

RSoxNo1

Regarding Woody's Rootin' Tootin' Roundup (My Working Title)... One of the things that makes Junkyard Jamboree work is (and I never thought I'd say this) is Larry the Cable Guy singing. Are they going to get Tom Hanks to record some music for this? The attraction really needs that lighthearted musical accompaniment.

Zac Skellington

A case could be made that immersion in any and all Disney rides are a bit of a stretch, but, many seem to achieve it. Every ride I have ever done I have always felt that I was on the outside looking in. I never once thought that I was part of it.
Sure, I can see that.
As for myself, KS does a good job (most of DAK, actually), and ToT. I wish every time riding those attractions could be like that first time.

lazyboy97o

Regarding Woody's Rootin' Tootin' Roundup (My Working Title)... One of the things that makes Junkyard Jamboree work is (and I never thought I'd say this) is Larry the Cable Guy singing. Are they going to get Tom Hanks to record some music for this? The attraction really needs that lighthearted musical accompaniment.
Couldn't it just be Riders in the Sky since they sang the theme for Woody's Roundup in Toy Story 2? They also released the album Woody's Roundup: A Rootin' Tootin' Collection of Woody's Favorite Songs (funny how close that is to your proposed name) back in 2000.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom