Big Hero 6

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
I made the mistake of reading the Little Golden Book version of Big Hero 6. It would seem all major plot points are covered from start to finish.

Mickey_777

Looks like "boys" movies can be hits too (though there seem to be more than enough female protagonists to appeal to everyone). I'm glad to see reviews are largely positive and really looking forward to seeing this. I hope BH6 is appreciated more than Wreck it Ralph was. I wonder if WR wouldn't have benefited more had it been released after Frozen...

Matt_Black

Looks like "boys" movies can be hits too (though there seem to be more than enough female protagonists to appeal to everyone). I'm glad to see reviews are largely positive and really looking forward to seeing this. I hope BH6 is appreciated more than Wreck it Ralph was. I wonder if WR wouldn't have benefited more had it been released after Frozen...

You realize that Wreck-It Ralph made about as much as Tangled, and the both of them are in the top 5 list of WDAS' biggest money makers?

Matt_Black

I'm hoping for a sequel.

And there's been serious speculation and conjecture. However, I think the OP may have been referring to not just box office success but rather the failure to capitalize via merchandising. You'd think a Sugar Rush Racers racing set (from Hot Wheels or something) would have been a no-brainer. Or, heck, just take those big Hulk fists they sell, paint them Ralph colored, and sell those. Punch them together and you hear "I'm gonna wreck it!"

Mickey_777

And there's been serious speculation and conjecture. However, I think the OP may have been referring to not just box office success but rather the failure to capitalize via merchandising. You'd think a Sugar Rush Racers racing set (from Hot Wheels or something) would have been a no-brainer. Or, heck, just take those big Hulk fists they sell, paint them Ralph colored, and sell those. Punch them together and you hear "I'm gonna wreck it!"

Correct. I use my nephews as a barometer for how popular/relevant certain films are and they've never seen it. I know it made more than enough money to be considered successful but I feel like merchandising, marketing, and word of mouth just wasn't there for WR. It truly deserved it IMO. I think that movie is brilliant and it looks like BH6 will benefit from the momentum of Frozen's success. It would have been cool if WR had been placed in that same position. Here's hoping BH6 is really good.

Magenta Panther

Correct. I use my nephews as a barometer for how popular/relevant certain films are and they've never seen it. I know it made more than enough money to be considered successful but I feel like merchandising, marketing, and word of mouth just wasn't there for WR.

I bet if WR was a PIXAR movie, Disney would have rolled out the big merchandising guns for it. But since it was produced by the studio's former "weak-sister" animation unit....again, I don't much like Frozen, but I'm ECSTATIC over its success. WDAS will never be underestimated again.

Can we go yet?

I made the mistake of reading the Little Golden Book version of Big Hero 6. It would seem all major plot points are covered from start to finish.
I made this mistake with Brave...3 months before it came out. I guess I wasn't as disappointed as most people were when they saw the film though..
I am so excited for this movie though! But I am sad that they changed Fredzilla...but as long as they have Baymax saying cute things I'm fine. :3

Mickey_777

I bet if WR was a PIXAR movie, Disney would have rolled out the big merchandising guns for it. But since it was produced by the studio's former "weak-sister" animation unit....again, I don't much like Frozen, but I'm ECSTATIC over its success. WDAS will never be underestimated again.

Let's just hope there aren't any more Chicken Littles and Brother Bears on down the road. I got faith in Lasseter keeping that from happening though. Besides Cars 2, his record is solid.

Matt_Black

Not necessarily; Wall-E, Up, Bug's Life, and Ratatouille didn't get huge merch rollouts, to the best of my knowledge.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom