Walking and Cycling

The Mighty Tim

Hi all.

It's just over 300 days until my next trip to WDW, and this trip will be my first time staying at Caribbean Beach. I've looked at the map, and noticed it's proximity to both EPCOT and Hollywood Studios, and so I was wondering - could I walk there? I quite like my walks, and although I'd certainly get my fill of walking from trotting through the parks all day, I still like to walk away from the crowds.

I noticed what appeared to be some sort of path leading from CBR to the far end of Hollywood Studios' car park on Google Maps, but I wasn't sure if it was a genuine path, some sort of staff only access thing or whatever, so I was curious if anyone had checked it out. It can be found here: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@28.3603745,-81.5500523,1371m/data=!3m1!1e3

Secondly, I understand one can rent bikes at the resort. Are you allowed to use them to cycle to the parks or other resorts?

Thirdly, does anyone know if it's possible to walk from the Transportation and Ticket Center to the Magic Kingdom, instead of using the monorail or boat?

Finally, aside from the walking route between EPCOT and Hollywood Studios (via the Boardwalk), are there any other walking routes between parks, resorts and attractions throughout WDW - and if so, which would you recommend?

Thanks in advance!

Rob562

Most of the roads within WDW are 3 or 4 lane roads with high-speed traffic. Cycling is not recommended, and may not be allowed at all.

There *is* a sidewalk from the intersection of Victory Way and Buena Vista Drive that dates *way* back, but it's on the far side of the road from CBR and there is no legal or safe way to get to it. (The crossing signals were removed a while ago)

And no you can't walk from the TTC to the MK. At best you could walk from the TTC, through the Polynesian to the Grand Floridian, but from there you'd have to hop a monorail to continue to the park.

-Rob

Upvote 0

The Mighty Tim

Original Poster
Most of the roads within WDW are 3 or 4 lane roads with high-speed traffic. Cycling is not recommended, and may not be allowed at all.

There *is* a sidewalk from the intersection of Victory Way and Buena Vista Drive that dates *way* back, but it's on the far side of the road from CBR and there is no legal or safe way to get to it. (The crossing signals were removed a while ago)

And no you can't walk from the TTC to the MK. At best you could walk from the TTC, through the Polynesian to the Grand Floridian, but from there you'd have to hop a monorail to continue to the park.

-Rob

Thanks for the response. I figured it was going to be a long shot to do what I had in mind, but I thought I'd ask anyway! :)

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

You can walk from the Contemporary to the MK and back again, and I believe you can walk from CS to Blizzard Beach? But thats about it. The roads are meant for motor vehicles only pretty much everywhere on property, so I wouldn't risk it.

Upvote 0

minniemickeyfan

If you staying at one of the Epcot Resorts (BC, YC, Boardwalk, Swan, Dolphin) you might be able to ride, definitely walk, to the Studios and Epcot. I wouldn't recommended walking anywhere really from CB. Like others have said, there are no sidewalks and heavy motor traffic.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom