so, Horror nights

Milla4Prez66

Giggles and Gore was far from the worst house of the year anyways, IMO. From Dusk Till Dawn was the big stinker of the year for me.

Also, HHN22 was the worst one in recent memory for me.

71jason

Giggles and Gore was far from the worst house of the year anyways, IMO. From Dusk Till Dawn was the big stinker of the year for me.

It's an odd year. Halloween and Dollhouse universally acclaimed, but Roanoke, FDTD, G&G and TWD getting mixed reviews, from raves to pans. Most years have more of a consensus.

Also, HHN22 was the worst one in recent memory for me.

No doubt. Easily worst of the last decade.

JT3000

HHN 22 was definitely the weakest overall event of recent years. No scare zones (thanks, Superstar Parade!) and most of the houses were mediocre at best. Didn't help that we only had 7. Or that the front of the park was a brightly lit construction zone. It was also the start of intellectual properties making up a majority of the event, a regrettable trend that has unfortunately continued, albeit with better results.

I still give HHN 15 the edge for worst ever. Great idea, terrible execution. The website was better than the event itself. Yeah, good websites. Remember those?

Last edited:

DistractedGenius

Haven't been this year, but from what I've heard from friends and the Internet, the PC police have been pretty strict on HHN this year. Maybe that has to do with declining quality. Also, apparently the crowds are the absolute worst.

HakunaMatata89

Original Poster
He's just not the same without the hair, is he?

image.png

tahqa

Haven't been this year, but from what I've heard from friends and the Internet, the PC police have been pretty strict on HHN this year. Maybe that has to do with declining quality. Also, apparently the crowds are the absolute worst.

Crowds have been horrible this year. We're talking 45 minutes in the express lines horrible (for Walking Dead or Halloween). Also they've been warning the audience at the Rocky Horror Tribute that cursing will get you kicked out of the park.

draybook

Why do vapor users bother you to the point of violence?

Because smoke or vapor of any kind is annoying in lines and because it's strictly prohibited in line. Although my talk of "violence" was an exaggeration of annoyance at people that do those things.

draybook

In accordance with Florida Amendment 6, all restaurants and bars that serve food are smoke free areas. Smoking is permitted only in designated areas.

There are currently 12 smoking areas at Universal's Islands of Adventure® and 7 at Universal Studios® for our guest's convenience. All other areas outside of these designated smoking areas are smoke free.

That's all I need to know about them. And the amount of drunken buffoons matched the smokers.

71jason

I still give HHN 15 the edge for worst ever. Great idea, terrible execution. The website was better than the event itself. Yeah, good websites. Remember those?

I see your point. Three of my favorite houses, but four of my least favorite (like 3 of my bottom 10 ever), and the year it became apparent IoA was too small for the event.

HakunaMatata89

Original Poster
I thought the vapors were just oderless mist?

no, they do give off an odor depending on the type(flavor?), and just because it's known as an alternative to smoking shouldn't give people a free pass to use it anywhere they please especially in a crowded location.

I would think the parks would enforce it just the same so that kids don't think its cool and acceptable to do.

mergatroid

Crowds have been horrible this year. We're talking 45 minutes in the express lines horrible (for Walking Dead or Halloween). Also they've been warning the audience at the Rocky Horror Tribute that cursing will get you kicked out of the park.

Can't remember the exact wording of the warning but I think they were warning against call outs that were extremely offensive rather than general curse words. Certainly where we were sat on both visits (in the first few rows)there were the usually shouts of "F### the back row" at the appropriate moment of the performance and no cast members seemed to be policing that. I think they were more concerned with individuals shouting things loudly about child molestation etc to show off which fortunately didn't happen.

Mia22

We did our first HHN this year and I realised its not for me. Lines were 60-90 mins long for the houses so after waiting 60 mins for the Dusk Til Dawn house - I love that show, and getting more shocks than I've had in a lifetime - Thankyou scare actors for jumping out on the dumb blonde woman :arghh: I will stick to the Disney Halloween party. I didn't find the make up and effects scary,, but they were quite well done, it was just the scare actors appearing from nowhere with a blast of strobe and scary music and dry ice etc. I had palpitations for an hour after, I did think the purge area was good, but after that house experience decided to give the houses a miss and utilise the walk on rides instead, anyway I think it lived up to the hype but too intense for me but glad I tried it. It was fun going on rip rocket ride roller coaster and the mummy in the Halloween themed atmosphere though. Was quite surprised at security - x Rays, scanners, armed police, pat downs before going on rip rocket ride etc, but I suppose it must be necessary. Maybe I should have had some drinks like the rest of the park patrons to calm my nerves, but rest of family weren't drinking so I didn't either. :facepalm:

Mia22

Really. (Not ourselves but we witnessed it) One guy behind us walked away because he refused to let them check his pants pockets, you had to show your pockets were empty lift up your arms to show nothing concealed etc, and that we were not carrying anything on, even the smallest item had to be placed in a locker or you could not ride. There was very strict security and a police officer there watching the line. Maybe there had been an incident earlier there or something.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom