The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

FutureCEO

Apparently Obama got a hamburger and a Death by Chocolate cake when he was here. No one reported on what I had for lunch ( I didn't have lunch btw).

190ef6df19854ee7f4777962aaf00e1a_small.jpg

StarWarsGirl

Just a hunch only: It may also be that they are more conservative with antibiotics in the Canadian medical system. Antibiotics are overused (sometimes) here in the States. Perhaps the Canadian doctors might be a bit more holistic in their approach, and rely more on your body's own self defenses to clear an infection, even if it takes longer that way. Of course, their approach would still depend on how bad the infection was, and your overall medical history, too.
True, but I don't think that's the case here. To say he's going to give an antiobiotic and then not give one at all because she happened to be allergic to thag one is a little weird

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I had that several years ago after Hilton Head into the Disney trip. I'm pretty prone to it, so I usually use ear drops, but forgot to use them on the last day of the HHI part. I got such nasty swimmers ear. I couldn't hear, ear hurt horribly, it was awful. Thank goodness we weren't flying. Finally got to the doctor once home (it was less than a week) and he said it was one of the worse cases he'd ever seen of it. I just didn't go swimming during the second part of the trip.

My kids both had swimmers ears a few times being competitive swimmers. They got very good at shaking the water out of their ears when they were out of the water for the day. There is an over the counter product you can drop in if it isn't coming out. My DD & DS had an auto refill on the perscription for swimmers ear if it went past the preventative stage. Once while my DD was in college she had to go the the campus Doc and and she asked what her problems was...DD said she had Swimmers Ear and need XXX med. DD said she just looked at her like yeah sure kid....looked in ear and wrote the script. Once ya have swimmers ear you know what it is.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
True, but I don't think that's the case here. To say he's going to give an antiobiotic and then not give one at all because she happened to be allergic to thag one is a little weird

I know, I understand what you're saying, as that was my first thought as well. But, neither one of us knows the full medical history and the assorted variables he took into consideration. Even though not prescribing "something" is a little odd to me, I probably would still defer to his judgement, as he had all the facts. That's all I can say. All I hope is that she can shake this so that she can enjoy her hard-earned vacation.

Gabe1

No I wake up in the morning, silly! I'm up between 4:30 - 5:00 mostly every morning. I haven't slept in till 6 on a weekend, for as long as I can remember. :p

My alarm on my phone starts making ugly noises at 6:15, when my kids swam in high school they had to be at school at 5:45 am. Even without swimming classes start at 7:12am. 6:15 is sleeping in comparison.

Every once in a while, maybe once or twice a year I accidentally sleep in 'till 9am or so. Can't describe it but I feel discombobulated when I get too much sleep, but it is nice just the same.

Gabe1

I was surprised at that too. I have an allergy to Sulfa drugs and Seftin and there's always been something that I can take. And I get those deep inner ear infections too.

My DS when little got one nasty ear infection after the next. Doc got annoyed that he kept popp'n them that he put him on a Sulfa base, low dose for 6 months. Never blew another ear infection. (aside from swimmers ear which is very different.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom