News on the Haunted Mansion themed resort rooms?

omurice

Riverside or French Quarter could be a perfect place for HM theme, not that they need help filling rooms there. PO has been refurbed quite a bit in the last few years, and excluded from free dining and other promotions because it is hands down the most popular Moderate. So the popularity might have to wane a little before they would re-imagine sections of PO.

They could take a section of Saratoga Springs and do some HM theming there. The upstate New York feel might just work with HM, with some external adjustments (faux stonework, ivy, creepy weather vanes, darker color schemes, etc.). Now Saratoga is a resort could use a popularity boost.'

All-Star Music or Sports are possibly the least popular Values. Take one of these, rename it and theme each building to a popular attraction, not unlike Art of Animation is themed to different movies. Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain, Big Thunder, Jungle Cruise could work. If it's successful, re-brand the other one with a few different attractions.

Last edited:

FigmentJedi

Oh I would love it if they would include Walt's name in there, but the sad thing is they might not. However those were my thoughts exactly. Have a Magic Kingdom section, Hollywood Studios section, Epcot section, Animal Kingdom section.

Plus think about the potential for a restaurant. It could have a "return to the old World" theme to it. Each park would have it's own themed seating section, with archives and historic pieces from that specific park's opening year so it also even recreates the era that the park opened in.

Also imagine if instead of just opening up a pool, they opened up the first indoor water park attached to the hotel. Imagine Great Wolf Lodge's water park except bigger.

Of course I know none of this will ever happen, but as a writer one my imagination gets going I have to write it out, and if I'm going to write out an idea for Disney World I might post it on here.
Something more like a Yesterworld hotel comes to mind, with wings of the park sections showcasing iconic extinct attractions comes to mind. The indoor waterpark could be inspired by River Country.

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
Riverside or French Quarter could be a perfect place for HM theme, not that they need help filling rooms there. PO has been refurbed quite a bit in the last few years, and excluded from free dining and other promotions because it is hands down the most popular Moderate. So the popularity might have to wane a little before they would re-imagine sections of PO.

They could take a section of Saratoga Springs and do some HM theming there. The upstate New York feel might just work with HM, with some external adjustments (faux stonework, ivy, creepy weather vanes, darker color schemes, etc.). Now Saratoga is a resort could use a popularity boost.'

All-Star Music or Sports are possibly the least popular Values. Take one of these, rename it and theme each building to a popular attraction, not unlike Art of Animation is themed to different movies. Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain, Big Thunder, Jungle Cruise could work. If it's successful, re-brand the other one with a few different attractions.
As someone staying in Saratoga Springs at this very moment, I could not agree with you more. The resort needs some updates. The room I am in is sad compared to the Animal Kingdom room I had earlier this week. Taking a whole building like the springs and converting it to a haunted mansion experience room would make this resort very desirable.

matt9112

As someone staying in Saratoga Springs at this very moment, I could not agree with you more. The resort needs some updates. The room I am in is sad compared to the Animal Kingdom room I had earlier this week. Taking a whole building like the springs and converting it to a haunted mansion experience room would make this resort very desirable.

would it still ever be worth the money you are paying?

note2001

They could not theme SSR in this manner as it is 100% DVC, and must remain pretty much along the lines as it is now for the owners.

They could, however, update the room theme in POR or any other hotel rooms owned by Disney.

SSR is very reasonable as a DVC owner and using points. Those cash prices Disney charges for the rooms that are transferred into their inventory are outrageous unless you have a hefty discount (40% or better)

omurice

They're sort of pricey, but you can get the villas as cash rooms at Saratoga, there is often availability even to the last minute (sadly). DVCers alone just rarely fill up Saratoga.
I can only imagine the look on the face of a guest who hates highly themed rooms, arriving and being told "Welcome Home foolish mortal... your spooky studio is ready in Ravenscroft Lane! Aren't we excited?"
:D

As much as Saratoga needs something to make it more desirable, you're absolutely right -- it is very unlikely they would pick a DVC resort to make HM themed rooms, this is just idle speculation, for fun only.

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
Fortunately, I am a DVC owner at GF and BLT so for my dues, it was passable. (I will never stay there again.) I am not sure the statement about changing the theme of a given building would really be prohibited under the terms of the ownership contract. I will review it soon and decide. I can say that if they provide the same amenities, quality, and themeing, I am not sure there would be much an owner could do if it was HM in a small area. I believe we've been having a discussion in another thread about "defurbishment" and lesser quality items at WL....

*1023*

matt9112

Fortunately, I am a DVC owner at GF and BLT so for my dues, it was passable. (I will never stay there again.) I am not sure the statement about changing the theme of a given building would really be prohibited under the terms of the ownership contract. I will review it soon and decide. I can say that if they provide the same amenities, quality, and themeing, I am not sure there would be much an owner could do if it was HM in a small area. I believe we've been having a discussion in another thread about "defurbishment" and lesser quality items at WL....

*1023*

Disney isn't in the theme park business there in the DVC business alienate us more.

Fleis76

nice idea in theory, but you would probably get a little creeped out at night at least the kiddies would.
Good point... as an adult I LOVE the idea of a Haunted Mansion themed room but as a young kid, I would frequently awaken on vacations and be momentarily freaked out when I realized I had no idea where I was...God knows what I would have thought on waking up in a room like that!

Fleis76

Agreed. For an attraction with as iconic an interior design as the Haunted Mansion, you'd think they'd go with something that more closely resembled it, instead of some vaguely spooky cartoon version.
Agreed; they should make it look like an extension of the Haunted Mansion, if anything.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom