Imagineering a brand-new MK and Epcot for you!

mharrington

Original Poster
I don't know much about these Halloween events, so probably not. I only came up with the idea for new costumes based on a website cartoon series that just recently began showing new toons again.

Twilight_Roxas

Btw with Pixar's upcoming film Inside Out do you plan to bring back the Wonders of Life pavilion with Cranium Command being updated and theme to the new film?

mharrington

Original Poster
I'd bring it back.. But I'd place the show in a smaller theatre, within Innoventions! :) It'd be pretty neat there.

If you saw my list of updates to Epcot, you see that I would probably replace the Wonders of Life spot with a new version of Horizons, a new version of an old classic. Appropriately, it's now called New Horizons.

I'm not really sure how a film about being inside one's brain has to do with Innoventions, either.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
If you saw my list of updates to Epcot, you see that I would probably replace the Wonders of Life spot with a new version of Horizons, a new version of an old classic. Appropriately, it's now called New Horizons.

I'm not really sure how a film about being inside one's brain has to do with Innoventions, either.

I don't remember sending you a reply, per say. But, thanks for that amazing input.

mharrington

Original Poster
I keep having a dilemma with the very back of the Magic Kingdom. There's space for expansion, but isn't that where they have entrances to the utilidors? I actually have a map of the utilidors:
89_big.jpg

And here's a shot of the entrance from behind Fantasyland:
81_big.jpg

Hasn't the utilidors been like that for as long as the park has been in existence? If so, isn't that what is (at least partially) preventing a decent expansion back there? I have some ideas for back there, but I don't want to disrupt anything.

Twilight_Roxas

Btw do you think the Magic Kingdom needs a new Holiday fireworks show like Winter Dreams in California, and Disney Dreams of Christmas in Disneyland Paris?

ArtificialArtist

For the queue, you go by a ticket booth with the ride name on it, which is being manned by Uncle Scrooge McDuck (similar to Mr. Potato Head over at the Toy Story midway ride). The idea is that circuses usually have ticket booths outside the entrance. And who better to run it than Scrooge McDuck, since he's so obsessed with money and all? Of course, he complains that you're going in for free, since you don't have to pay to go on rides. On the booth, there will be a sign that says something like, "Orphans admitted free today". It includes a big hint of what to expect inside. ...

That will not work well if it's aimed towards the guest. What if, instead, Scrooge was complaining to, say the group of student ducks trying to enter (as a queue scene), it would not imply greediness towards the guest and still tell the story as intended.

My argument is for two reasons, to not harrass guests, even through humor, and to not put a Disney Character in a bad light, as it could lead to some complaints by visitors.

mharrington

Original Poster
That will not work well if it's aimed towards the guest. What if, instead, Scrooge was complaining to, say the group of student ducks trying to enter (as a queue scene), it would not imply greediness towards the guest and still tell the story as intended.

My argument is for two reasons, to not harrass guests, even through humor, and to not put a Disney Character in a bad light, as it could lead to some complaints by visitors.

I've been thinking about this for a while, actually, and I'm not particularly happy about the way this attraction really turned out. The idea of Scrooge was not even my own idea, it was suggested by someone else. I haven't been particularly satisfied with Scrooge, either. I'm also not happy with Max Goof being in there. There seems to be too much contemporary stuff in there, and that wasn't what I was trying to go for. There also seems to be a lot of repeating and cannibalizing of characters from Pete's Silly Sideshow.

That's why I've been trying to do Mickey's Fun House instead. I've been trying to figure out how to work that concept, because it is based on "Mickey's Mad House", a concept for the never-created Dumbo's Circusland, which I think Storybook Circus is based on. But there's very little information to go on. I'm not very good at making up stuff like this out of my own head.

Quan Narula

Godzilla ride-
So you are on a bullet train car with two long windows on each side. There are two rows, each row in facing a window. This way, everyone is facing the action and everyone is able to see. It starts out on a semi-intense bullet train ride but then Godzilla attacks. This part is like a simulator, swinging the train at 90 degree angles going forward, backward, left, and right. Somehow, you are able to escape. The ride could be in the Japan pavilion. Because it is a simulator, it won't take up much space. It's intensity level is more then Star Tours and Mission Space, but less intense then Rockin Roller Coaster

mharrington

Original Poster
To continue from this post...

I've been thinking about this for a while, actually, and I'm not particularly happy about the way this attraction really turned out. The idea of Scrooge was not even my own idea, it was suggested by someone else. I haven't been particularly satisfied with Scrooge, either. I'm also not happy with Max Goof being in there. There seems to be too much contemporary stuff in there, and that wasn't what I was trying to go for. There also seems to be a lot of repeating and cannibalizing of characters from Pete's Silly Sideshow.

That's why I've been trying to do Mickey's Fun House instead. I've been trying to figure out how to work that concept, because it is based on "Mickey's Mad House", a concept for the never-created Dumbo's Circusland, which I think Storybook Circus is based on. But there's very little information to go on. I'm not very good at making up stuff like this out of my own head.

Another reason I've been having second thoughts about Mickey's Big Top Spin is that there are just too many characters in this ride. Here's the complete list:

1. Minnie Magnifique and Her Pirouetting Parisian Poodles
2. Hyacinth Hippo: Ballerina of the Big Top (and Her Partner, Ben Ali Gator)
3. The Astounding Donaldo: Snake Charmer
4. Madame Daisy Fortuna
5. Strongman Pete: Lifter of All Things Heavy
6. Professor Von Drake and His Deep Sponge
7. Oswald the Lucky Magician
8. Pluto the Wonder Dog
9. The Three Little Piggolinis
10. The Great Goofini - Reckless Rocketeer

That seems to be an awful lot, don't you think? I'm also not happy with having the orphans in there, ruining everything. In the shorts, their bad deeds never go punished. I know what you're thinking: why not use MEW's idea instead? Well, while he probably wouldn't mind if I used it, here's how he describes his ride:

Mickey's Madcap Circus is loosely based off of Mickey's Circus, a dark ride designed by myself and several others for SYWTBAI awhile back. In this dark ride, guests board circus caravans and journey through a whimsical circus filled with various special effects and gags, including Donald who persistently tries to be the headlining act. At the end of the show, Mickey prepares to perform a dunk tank act, but is forcefully joined by Donald who plunges the entire circus into an underwater fiasco, complete with merpeople, sharks, and a hungry sea serpent.

In my ride, Donald already has a gig as a snake charmer, albeit not a very good one, but it seems like in his ride, he is not anything of the sort.

mharrington

Original Poster
Plus, the Donald snake charmer thing is already well-established in Storybook Circus with the Pete's Silly Sideshow.

Well, the sideshow meet-n-greet is going to be getting a new set of characters. In my plan, anyway. I also will have Donald as snake charmer as the basis of a spinning ride, something like that Slinky Dog Spin ride. This wasn't even my own idea, but was suggested by someone else.

mharrington

Original Poster
This is broken off from the Disneyland Australia thread:

I'm thinking of having the Madcap Circus ride from that park be brought into the Magic Kingdom, and I have a rough idea of where to put it. To give you an idea of where my version of this Madcap Circus ride may go, here's a picture:
mapwaltdisneyworldmagic.png

And here's another shot, representing the rough access point right between Goofini and Dumbo:
tumblr_m20vi9cS701rr7ey3o1_1280.jpg

DLA's version was intended to be, in MEW's words, like Pooh's Hunny Hunt. So there is room for a lot of characters. In each major show scene in trackless dark rides, the vehicles take their time, spinning around large show rooms and seeing various special effects and characters, and use the layout of Mystic Manor as a format.

Unfortunately, however, there's really no room here in this version for to do it like Mystic Manor or even be a trackless version. This version will probably be cut down. Unlike a lot of people here, I focus on the nitty-gritty, not just the blue sky process. I'm more left-brained in this regard than right-brained.

Here's what MEW intended for DLA's version:

I'm thinking we have it held within the confines of a Barnum Museum-type structure, a la Basket Buddy's concept art seen in the prior link to Madcap Circus. Inside, guests meander through an immersive queue past the dressing rooms of the various performers, a select few complete with appropriate sound effects coming from within.

1. Minnie Magnifique and Her Pirouetting Parisian Poodles
2. Hyacinth Hippo: Ballerina of the Big Top (and Her Partner, Ben Ali Gator)
3. The Astounding Donald: King of the Seals
4. Madame Daisy Fortuna
5. Strongman Pete: Lifter of All Things Heavy
6. Professor Von Drake and His Deep Sponge
7. The Magnificent Roger & His Lovely Assistant, Jessica (Roger & Jessica Rabbit as magicians)
8. Pluto the Wonder Pup
9. The Flying Piggolinis
10. The Great Goofini - Reckless Rocketeer
11. Mickey Mouse - Ringmaster
12. Horace Horsecollar - Lion Tamer
13. Clara Cluck - Pitch Perfect Prima Donna
14. The Reluctant Dragon: Fire Eater (door complete with scorch marks and smoke)

After the winding corridor of dressing rooms, guests meander through the maintenance garage for the big top's various vehicles, including a Herbie-like clown car, a traditional circus caravan, and a Toon Town-esque fire engine, complete with flat tires. The maintenance garage gives way to an empty wild animal menagerie. It seems as if all of the animals have escaped, as evident by the twisted bars, animal shaped wall bursts, and paw prints on the hay-covered floor. Finally, the menagerie gives way to the load area which advertises in poster form the various acts of the circus, including, but not limited to:

1. Lambert, the Sheepish Lion
2. Willie, the Opera Singing Whale
3. Shere Khan - Man-Eater
4. King Louie: Last of the Jungle Swingers
5. Humphrey the Bear - Picnic Thief Extraordinaire
6. Salty the Seal
7. Clarabelle Cow, Queen of the Tightrope (her poster parodies HM; she stands on a tightrope high above Tick-Tock Croc)
8. Oswald the Lucky Lion Bait
9. Gargantua, King of the Apes (the gorilla from "Donald's Gorilla")
10. Goliath II - The World's Smallest Elephant

Guests then board a trackless ride vehicle (a circus caravan) and depart for the mayhem of the circus. Ringmaster Mickey introduces the three ring circus, giving way into the first major ride scene - a free-for-all spin around the first act of the circus, featuring various acts and gags. At the end of this scene, Donald, readying his seals for the performance discovers that one of his seals (Salty) has disappeared. Ever furious, Donald embarks after Salty, taking riders with him on an even more madcap ride, including a trip through the stationed circus train (past wild animals and into the nutty clown car), a dangerous stint through the prop storage, and into the grand finale, where Ringmaster Mickey pulls an unexpected Donald into the grand finale - the Dunk Tank act. Salty activates the dunk tank, plunging the whole circus into an "underwater" finale. If we flesh out the ride itself we can really make a merge of the two concepts.

Anyway, how can we fit the ride in for WDW's Magic Kingdom? I'm thinking of showing only the scenes with the core cast (Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Goofy and Pluto) and Pete for one, as well as introduce a new scene with Mickey and Donald's respective nephews doing something of their own. Meanwhile, some of the supporting characters will appear at what is currently Pete's Silly Sideshow, replacing Minnie, Donald, Daisy and Goofy there. But does anyone have any other ideas?

DisneyManOne

This is broken off from the Disneyland Australia thread:

I'm thinking of having the Madcap Circus ride from that park be brought into the Magic Kingdom, and I have a rough idea of where to put it. To give you an idea of where my version of this Madcap Circus ride may go, here's a picture:
mapwaltdisneyworldmagic.png

And here's another shot, representing the rough access point right between Goofini and Dumbo:
tumblr_m20vi9cS701rr7ey3o1_1280.jpg

Well, you know, there could be another place to put it, mharrington. See, the creative genius behind Conceptual Theme Park Planning started a new blog: Imagineerland, and he recently posted his ideas for a refurbished Magic Kingdom. And he put in a Mickey-and-friends dark ride to the circus area, but however, he put it on the outskirts of the circus, right behind the railroad station:
MK%2BPark%2BPlan.jpg

Think the ride could work there?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom