The Spirited Back Nine ...

GrammieBee

This would be a pretty boring message board if everyone just gushed about how much they like everything. I like it hear because people are willing to talk about both the good and bad at both Disney and Uni.

The trouble is, there isn't much gushing about positives. The majority of the posts seem to be negative and/or fault finding. As I've said before, it can make you wonder why you want to go back for a vacation.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
The trouble is, there isn't much gushing about positives. The majority of the posts seem to be negative and/or fault finding. As I've said before, it can make you wonder why you want to go back for a vacation.

People are going to talk about what they want to talk about, the only way to change that is to heavily moderate the board which I not something I would ever want to see.

PhotoDave219

I agree with this.

But between TSM and GMR, which one are they more likely to keep? They're definitely keeping TSM and if the rumors are correct about Toy Story Playland, what location logically makes the most sense for it? Up where the backlot entrance used to be? Create a long, narrow, dark, congested area of Pixar Studios / Playland?

Or does it make more sense to tear down the GMR building, build Toy Story Playland across from the expanded TSM and integrate the two areas together. It would open up the walkways in front of TSM and help get rid of the "studio" themeing that they seem to be doing?

I'm pretty sure you have no idea what you're talking about.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

And if you are a long term repeat visitor those are the thoughts going through your head, even FIRST timers are commenting on how 'Dirty' the parks are

PrincessNelly_NJ

Would I like to see a new E ticket along with some other upgrades/additions at the Magic Kingdom? Sure. But for anyone to claim that this is a park in need of help is laughable.

Future World could use an overhaul but Epcot still has very healthy attendance and despite what you read on the forums, people still love the park.

Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom are where the focus needs to be right now which is exactly what is happening. After these parks get brought up to speed, then we can worry about Epcot and the Magic Kingdom.
All of them need help, some just more than others ;)

ProfSavage

I get home from work, and this thread has become the traditional UNI vs WDW horse beating again.

Thanks.

You maniacs! You blew it up!

tumblr_mlyvhzvhLV1sos4mfo1_500.gif

wdwfan4ver

Future World could use an overhaul but Epcot still has very healthy attendance and despite what you read on the forums, people still love the park.
While Epcot isn't as problematic as AK and DHS, the Attendance for Epcot doesn't tell the whole story. I argue that issues with AK and DHS should have started to be address sooner by Disney even at the 2009 D23 that Disney only had Star Tours: The Adventure continues for those two parks combined and had their focus at Fantasy Land for MK instead.

It is very hard to say with a straight face that Epcot's attendance isn't helped by the Flower and Garden Festival, and the Food and Wine Festival. Those two events make the attendance way better than it would be without and that is something to consider. Those two festivals are not hard ticket items unlike Magic Kingdom.

The two parties that MK has doesn't affect attendance much since guests are likely spending time there before the Halloween Party or the Christmas Party starts unlike the two festivals Epcot has. Disney is having Festivals for Epcot at times of the year that isn't exactly the busiest for the park and that could speak about what Epcot has all around without the festivals.

I am bringing up the 2 events for Epcot because they do bring up the Attendance like Star Wars Weekends does for DHS except Epcot has the festivals much longer. This year, the International Garden and Flower Festival ran for 73 days and the Food and Wine Festival for another 53 days. I think that speaks how much Epcot is depending on the two festivals and Disney wants to increase the Food and Wine Festival.

When I was at WDW in the later part of August to Labor Day this year, Epcot on Weekdays isn't as busy this year compare to years past at the same time of the year.

Lad

While Epcot isn't as problematic as AK and DHS, the Attendance for Epcot doesn't tell the whole story.

It is very hard to say with a straight face that Epcot's attendance isn't helped by the Flower and Garden Festival, and the Food and Wine Festival. Those two events make the attendance way better than it would be without and that is something to consider. Those two festivals are not hard ticket items unlike Magic Kingdom.

The two parties that MK has doesn't affect attendance much since guests are likely spending time there before the Halloween Party or the Christmas Party starts unlike the two festivals Epcot has. Disney is having Festivals for Epcot at times of the year that isn't exactly the busiest for the park and that could speak about what Epcot has all around without the festivals.

I am bringing up the 2 events for Epcot because they do bring up the Attendance like Star Wars Weekends does for DHS except Epcot has the festivals much longer. This year, the International Garden and Flower Festival ran for 73 days and the Food and Wine Festival for another 53 days. I think that speaks how much Epcot is depending on the two festivals and Disney wants to increase the Food and Wine Festival.

When I was at WDW in the later part of August to Labor Day this year, Epcot on Weekdays isn't as busy this year compare to years past at the same time of the year.

Good points. I don't disagree. My whole point was simply when it comes to the parks that need help, I would rather see them invest heavily in DAK and DHS right now than Epcot. As I stated, Epcot could use with an overhaul (specifically Future World) but those two aforementioned parks need it more right now.

lazyboy97o

News Flash! Life is too short to focus on what is wrong with things in an amusement park. People are supposed to go there to enjoy themselves. If they can no longer enjoy the experience, they shouldn't be there. Of course, some people's enjoyment may be in the act of finding fault.

To be fair, with increasing crowds, the necessary amount of planning and never ending extra costs, enjoyment is becoming somewhat harder to find even without focusing on entertainment, attractions and rides.

However, no matter what they do or don't do,the parks are never going to please everyone, but a person can focus on what is coming that may be better to their liking. Look for the positives.
Amusement parks, and especially theme parks, do not just work automatically.

wdwfan4ver

See I would say it's something more like this:

DHS
DAK

Epcot

MK

Epcot needs investment, but it's not remotely in the same ballpark as the issues that DAK and, especially, DHS have. IMHO.
I agree, but that issue is really caused by Disney not having the right priorities going into the 2009 D23. Disney did Star Tours: The Adventure Continues as an announcement, but that was it for the park for 2009 D23. Disney considered the Monsters Inc. Door Coaster in 2008, but decided not to due to cost.

Disney for the 2009 D23 could have announced a Pixar Expansion for DHS. I am bring that up because Toy Story Playland, Bugs Life, Monster Inc., and the Incredibles could have been used as a Pixar Place Expansion at the time. The Backlot Tour in 2009 was way passed its prime back even back then.

Disney messed in 2009 for their D23 for WDW with their New Fantasy Land Expansion. That expansion originally was dueling Dumbos, Little Mermaid ride, and a lot of meet and greets including Pixie Hallow. The issue with the New Fantasy Land Expansion I felt at the time was it wasn't needed a time that DHS, and AK needed more help. The other thing was the New Fantasy Land Expansion wasn't needed at time when Magic Kingdom had lands that had more problems than Fantasyland did at the time such as Tomorrowland.

Last edited:

misterID

Need a distraction? Why not Conway Twitty?

conway_twitty-loretta_lynn-louisiana_woman32.jpg
Look at those eyes... He can tell you've never been that far before.

EPCOT is my favorite WDW park. I spent two full days there during my vacation. The CMs are always great, the countries are supurb for what they are. I just love that park... Having said that, UOE and Imagination are in desperate need for an upgrade. The Captain EO novelty has worn off. And WS needs real new attractions. Maelfrozen doesn't count as new. It doesn't even need a new country... just some plussing. AK is in desperate need of attention. It's not even funny. During my vacation Dinosaur went down and the park became an absolute mess. There was nothing to take up the slack. Beautiful park. Cool CMs. Not enough rides. I can finish DHS in 3-4 hours. That's not good.

SirLink

I get home from work, and this thread has become the traditional UNI vs WDW horse beating again.

Thanks.

You maniacs! You blew it up!

tumblr_mlyvhzvhLV1sos4mfo1_500.gif

Well as they are the two competitors in the two USA markets it is a fair comparison to make ... or we could chat how TDO is the most incompetent management team across all Disney Resorts worldwide?

misterID

News Flash! Life is too short to focus on what is wrong with things in an amusement park. People are supposed to go there to enjoy themselves. If they can no longer enjoy the experience, they shouldn't be there. Of course, some people's enjoyment may be in the act of finding fault.

To be fair, with increasing crowds, the necessary amount of planning and never ending extra costs, enjoyment is becoming somewhat harder to find even without focusing on entertainment, attractions and rides.

However, no matter what they do or don't do,the parks are never going to please everyone, but a person can focus on what is coming that may be better to their liking. Look for the positives.
Life is way too short to let what people discuss on a message board affect you to any extent. Really, it's not about being "miserable", no one is always going to see things the way you are. I can visit WDW and UNI, enjoy myself and talk about what I didn't enjoy and what isn't working... I can gush about all the positives only, but this wouldn't be a discussion board, it would be the comments section of the Disney Blog... so what's the point in that? I can do both, I can be objective... There's no need to try and persuade others thinking the way you see it... it would be pretty boring after a while if we all did that. And this isn't pointed at you, but I find it humorous when people criticize others about complaining who seem to spend a great deal of time complaining themselves.

RSoxNo1

Greatest waste of space ever... 3 flat rides where GMR used to be. Seriously, I would never go to DHS again if they took out one of two people eating dark rides everyone can do.

Just put an updated trackless version in there... retheme it to Disney's greatest hits, make the facade Carthay Circle... no reason to remove a D-ticket dark ride for a couple B tickets.
So now they would have the Carthay Circle represented twice in that park?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom