Disneyland's 60th Birthday: Rumors, Speculation and News

TP2000

Peter Pan needs an extensive rebuild to increase capacity.

As for Snow White, I hope they don't touch the original 1955 dark forest scene.

Surely that can't be the same forest scene in there since 1955? They demolished the original 1955 building in 1982 and built an entirely new Snow White dark ride in an entirely new building in 1983. I can't imagine they kept the same trees from 1955. Did they?

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
Surely that can't be the same forest scene in there since 1955? They demolished the original 1955 building in 1982 and built an entirely new Snow White dark ride in an entirely new building in 1983. I can't imagine they kept the same trees from 1955. Did they?

I think the overall premise of the scene is still intact. The current witch animatronic is different, of course, and maybe the trees, but I think everything else is the same.

JediMasterMatt

Mr. Toad's Wild Ride

- Although I said I wouldn't mention getting new animatronics, I feel like I should bring it up for Toad, given the fact that there isn't a single animatronic in the entire ride. No, I don't count the bouncing devils/demons at the end to be animatronics.

- While still a great attraction, Toad relies too much on painted wooded platforms and surfaces, in my opinion. This should have been corrected back in 1983.

- I don't know how I feel about the fountain, yet.

- I'd like to see Toad in the ride, somewhere.

- Like the Pleasure Island scene, I believe the Imagineers could go wild with the 'Hell' section
-

From what I've been told, in hushed whispers from various sources during my last visit in late August is that Toad may benefit the most from what is planned. Lots of projection mapping. Think of what the animated flowers did to the Golden Afternoon sequence of Alice; but, on Toad's surfaces. All of a sudden those all of those flat surfaces become very much alive and animated. I can see why on a scale of most improved, it could come out the best of the bunch. A crazy trip through delicious 2D animation. I didn't hear of any mention of animatronics, just the projection mapping.

I just hope the refurb doesn't get cut as the prospect of a modern version of a classic black light driven dark ride makes the amusement park nerd in me very excited.

Travel Junkie

A picture of the new guest corridor entrance in Town Sq. This is the east side corridor. I like the business name. ;)

B1SOQdvCAAAJeZH.jpg

credit: @MintCrocodile on twitter

TP2000

Wow, kind of a bigger change design-wise than I'd thought. It also brings a new business to Main Street USA.

Here's the before shot of what this vacant little corner had looked like since it was abandoned by the American Egg Board in the early 1980's.

05-12-14-IMG_2923.jpg

P.S. Happy Halloween everyone!

TP2000

Muppetvision is closing on sunday according to the refurbishment calendar to turn it into the Frozen stage show.

Well, actually, according to the refurbishment calendar it's not closing. Neither the Disneyland.com calendar nor the Disneyland info hotline has MuppetVision closed this upcoming week. A Cast Member on another website is reporting it's also not listed as a closure in their official CM info guides they get every week.

But according to a post on Miceage this morning, it is closing. Here's where the information on MuppetVision is coming from...

http://micechat.com/
Editor’s Note:
  • October 30, 2014: Let the freezing begin - MuppetVision at DCA will be closing this Sunday. The attraction will then begin a seven week transformation into the Frozen stage show opening with the rest of the Frozen offerings that should debut on Saturday, December 20th. TDA is in no rush to announce their Frozen plans, and they're now planning to wait until after Thanksgiving before they say anything. But the Frozen related closures around Hollywood Land will soon be very noticeable.
So, we'll just have to see if this unannounced and unplanned closure actually happens on Sunday. According to all official sources from Disneyland (website, phone hotline, CM's) it isn't planned to happen.

Not sure this has anything to do with the 60th Anniversary though, according to the previous reports from Miceage. Sorry to @raven24 for hijacking her thread. We should start a separate Frozenland thread here soon.

TP2000

Actually it is closing because if you look on the refurbishment calendar for monday it is on the schedule. https://disneyland.disney.go.com/calendars/day/2014-11-03/

Oh, I believe it's closing. I've been following Miceage and their famous online rumors since the late 1990's (I had a 28K modem in those days, kids!), so their word is more reliable than TDA in my opinion.

It's just it wasn't showing up on the calendar until.... this afternoon. The rumor from Miceage went online last night around Midnight, and I looked at the calendar then and MuppetVision was absent. Also called the hotline, and nothing. And CM's are reporting it's not listed as closing on the official info guides they get every week.

So something was up that this was such a stealthy closure.

Nland316

RDCT is speculated to be having its last performance tonight!:cry:
Quite honestly the best firework spectacular I've ever seen and have had the pleasure of experiencing. Here's to hoping that the 60th fireworks will be just as great. It has big shoes to fill!

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
RDCT is speculated to be having its last performance tonight!:cry:
Quite honestly the best firework spectacular I've ever seen and have had the pleasure of experiencing. Here's to hoping that the 60th fireworks will be just as great. It has big shoes to fill!

I've already planned to make a thread on RDCT, hopefully sometime this week. Truly the best firework show I've ever seen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom