30 Days of Disney - Day 21 - an overrated movie

buttrcp16

Frozen :cold:

I like the movie. But when I finally saw it, I couldn't help but think, "THIS is what the world has gone nuts over?" I like it, it's definitely in my top 10 Disney movies, but I think Tangled is far superior. I don't understand why it didn't get the recognition Frozen has. Must be that whole, "twice the princesses, twice the sidekicks, twice the villains, twice the love interests...." angle.

Edited to add an honorable mention: The entire Cars franchise, and now Planes. Snoozefest. I have 2 sons and neither of them got into it (thank goodness, or I'd be forced to watch them over and over...)

COrunner

I like Future CEO's take on classifying.

Here are mine:

From Pixar: Monsters University
Classic Disney: Lady and the Tramp
90's Disney: Honey I Shrunk the Kids
Modern Disney: Princess in the Frog

TB4244

For me it has to be 'The Princess & the Frog', I just find the whole thing a bit meh as its not particularly memorable song or character wise for me

Pixar have let me down a couple of times (as much as I normally love Pixar movies). Brave wasn't their finest moment but the worst offender was Cars as its basically a rip off of Doc Hollywood.

216bruce

Overrated (not least favorite or just not good at all) by category for me:
Pixar:Cars
Old Disney (during Walt's lifetime): Jungle Book. I think a lot of folks rate it so highly because it was Walt's 'last'.
Post Walt and pre-renaissance: None (most just aren't all that highly thought of in the Disney canon)
Renaissance to now: Lion King

A different spin- Least fave from same era's
Pixar: Cars 2
Old Disney: none- I love all of them
Post/pre: Robin Hood. Just leaves me flat and I can't stand the music
Ren to now: Chicken Little or Home on the Range. Bleh. I do like the songs in 'Home' though.

I think a lot of the hate on "Frozen" is rebellion against all the hype and having it crammed down your throat. It's like folks hating on The Yankees in baseball or The LeBron Miami Heat in basketball. Just too much, everywhere all the time.

Magenta Panther

Brave. Did NOT deserve its Oscar. Blah production values, blah, derivative story (Brother Bear ripoff, GAH), and an unlikeable heroine who looks like a Cabbage Patch Kid. Gak all around.

pumpkin7

Anything inbetween The Little Mermaid and Lilo and Stitch is my era and I love every single film during that era.

I would 100%, go for Frozen. I'm sorry but the story is only ok, the songs are mediocre, the lyrics are abysmal, and it's just everywhere like a plague! It's pretty, but I think that they need to sort something out with the Princesses eyes. They are getting way to big for their heads!
Olaf is ok though, he can stay because he's pretty cute but even his song I probably wouldn't be able to sing to you because it's forgetful and doesn't have a 'hook', if you get what I mean.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
My gut is to say Frozen just because I'm over it but I'm going to go with Sleeping Beauty...especially after seeing Maleficent

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom