Magic Bands, Hard-Ticketed events and FP+

jessfriends

Actually, I would present the MNSSHP ticket before 7pm and get your wristband then and there. No having to fuss around again at 7pm. (If it's already linked to your account, just use your MB). For all intents and purposes, the party ticket is considered a one-day pass and acts just like any other pass for FP+. The difference, obviously, is that you cannot enter prior to 7 so you can get your three rides in that three hour time period. Be aware that the FP+ may begin prior to 4 giving you less time to get to it.

If I just present my magic band does the system know I want to enter using my party ticket? I was trying to avoid having to find someone once in the park but if that's what I have to do that's fine. I know I can also use the RFID card too instead of the band but my main question is when scanning the magic band is the system smart enough to activate the event ticket instead of my AP?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
If I just present my magic band does the system know I want to enter using my party ticket? I was trying to avoid having to find someone once in the park but if that's what I have to do that's fine. I know I can also use the RFID card too instead of the band but my main question is when scanning the magic band is the system smart enough to activate the event ticket instead of my AP?
No matter what you use to enter the park (AP or party ticket), you WILL have to find a CM with the paper party bracelets. If you are not wearing the paper bracelet once the party begins, CMs will assume you are a day guest and will attempt to guide you towards the exit.

JohnD

My point was entering around 4 it's one stop shopping. No having to track down a CM. If I were you I'd have my party ticket/card with me anyway.

jessfriends

I just got back a couple days ago and what happened was when I got to MK (after 4) they had signs indicating event entrance. I entered there and scanned my band and got a MNSSHP band. I never needed my card or had to ask any questions. I agree to take your ticket with you as a backup but having the dedicated entrance labeled was helpful so it was a one stop shop which I was happy about. Thanks everyone for the tips leading up to my visit!

Rob562

I just got back a couple days ago and what happened was when I got to MK (after 4) they had signs indicating event entrance. I entered there and scanned my band and got a MNSSHP band. I never needed my card or had to ask any questions. I agree to take your ticket with you as a backup but having the dedicated entrance labeled was helpful so it was a one stop shop which I was happy about. Thanks everyone for the tips leading up to my visit!

I wonder if they set the "event entrance" posts to only look for Party tickets on the account linked to the media scanned, whether it's the actual ticket or the Magic Band that's scanned. That would certainly minimize the risk of subtracting a day from a MYW ticket accidentally...

-Rob

jessfriends

I wonder if they set the "event entrance" posts to only look for Party tickets on the account linked to the media scanned, whether it's the actual ticket or the Magic Band that's scanned. That would certainly minimize the risk of subtracting a day from a MYW ticket accidentally...

-Rob

That's what I was thinking but I don't know for sure.

asialeigh

-Rob

The answer is yes.

YoJDew

Wait wait wait... so are you guys saying that, since I have BOTH a 5-day MYW park hopper ticket AND a ticket to MVMCP... and I'm not arriving until 4pm the day of MVMCP... that I actually wasted money on that extra day? We could have gotten into MK with JUST the party ticket and didn't need the theme park admission? Or do you need a park ticket AND a party ticket?
:confused:

Shadowgate

Wait wait wait... so are you guys saying that, since I have BOTH a 5-day MYW park hopper ticket AND a ticket to MVMCP... and I'm not arriving until 4pm the day of MVMCP... that I actually wasted money on that extra day? We could have gotten into MK with JUST the party ticket and didn't need the theme park admission? Or do you need a park ticket AND a party ticket?

The event ticket will get you in at 4pm. So you dont need the 5 day ticket if you are not staying more than 5 days and only making it the event day at 4pm.

YoJDew

Definitely the departure day, but that's day five of the 5-day park-hopper ticket. I guess if we get to the park early enough it'll be worth it.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
:eek::eek::eek:
So there's $300+ down the tubes...
Trying to make you feel better...

I assume you purchased tickets to MVMCP because you want to enjoy the offerings of the event, and thus you wouldn't consider that money "wasted". But you assumed you needed a ticket for MK in addition to your party ticket. So you purchased 5 day park-hopper tickets instead of 4 day park-hopper tickets, and now will have an extra day you won't use.

But the difference between a 5 day hopper and a 4 day hopper is only $10 per ticket. So the money you "lost" is $10 times however many hoppers you purchased for your party. (Example: you have 4 hoppers so the loss would be $40) You would have had to purchase hopper tickets for more than 30 people in order to lose over $300+.

Yes, it is frustrating to lose any money...but it's not as much as you thought. :)

Rogue21

I'm not sure if this has been covered, but maybe someone can throw some answers my way . . .

I'll be visiting that "other" park for a few days, staying at one of their resorts, but will be attending a MVMCP. Will we need to wait until the event (4-7pm) to attempt making any FP+ times? Or can we link our party tickets and do it 30 days out?

Only one of us has a MB from a previous trip, so I am unsure if I can get us both the same FP+ times -- assuming the above is true.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I'm not sure if this has been covered, but maybe someone can throw some answers my way . . .

I'll be visiting that "other" park for a few days, staying at one of their resorts, but will be attending a MVMCP. Will we need to wait until the event (4-7pm) to attempt making any FP+ times? Or can we link our party tickets and do it 30 days out?

Only one of us has a MB from a previous trip, so I am unsure if I can get us both the same FP+ times -- assuming the above is true.

You can link your party tickets and make FP+ at 30 days. And if you and your companion are linked together (as friends & family) on MDE, you should be able to get the same FP+ times.

Rogue21

You can link your party tickets and make FP+ at 30 days. And if you and your companion are linked together (as friends & family) on MDE, you should be able to get the same FP+ times.

Excellent! Thanks for taking the time to alleviate my moment of confusion.

JohnD

If you already have an MDE account and bought the ticket online, it will automatically be linked. Just look under "Reservations and Tickets". If you have it as a card instead, you can link the serial number of the card to MDE.

The sooner you purchase/link your ticket, the sooner you can make FP+ for 4-7 pm. MDE considers it a regular ticket for FP+ purposes. Of course, CMs won't let you in any sooner than 4pm.

afb28

So here's my scenario:

My gf and I are annual pass holders and we are taking her niece to MVMCP who does not have a band or pass, just got all 3 of us party tickets.

1st question: Is there fastpass for the 7pm-12am party or no since crowds are already lower?

2nd question: I'm pretty sure it's no but would making FP+ stick on the niece's party card or would we need to buy her a magic band prior?

3rd question: It appears that all dining is reserved that day via MDE, or is that typical when parties are scheduled on that day that they just don't allow reservations?

Lastly, can you still get in at 4pm on the day of with just the party card? Weird that they make no mention of it in the mail they sent us with the 3 cards in it.

JohnD

So here's my scenario:

My gf and I are annual pass holders and we are taking her niece to MVMCP who does not have a band or pass, just got all 3 of us party tickets.

1st question: Is there fastpass for the 7pm-12am party or no since crowds are already lower?

2nd question: I'm pretty sure it's no but would making FP+ stick on the niece's party card or would we need to buy her a magic band prior?

3rd question: It appears that all dining is reserved that day via MDE, or is that typical when parties are scheduled on that day that they just don't allow reservations?

Lastly, can you still get in at 4pm on the day of with just the party card? Weird that they make no mention of it in the mail they sent us with the 3 cards in it.
1. No
2. FP+ available 4-7. Card or MB can be used at FP+ entrance to rides
3. Haven't heard that. ADRs can be made via MDE or by phone.
4. See #2

afb28

1. No
2. FP+ available 4-7. Card or MB can be used at FP+ entrance to rides
3. Haven't heard that. ADRs can be made via MDE or by phone.
4. See #2
In regards to 2, in MDE it says that the niece "needs park admission" or will that change once we are 30 days out?

In regards to 3, Dec 18th is all full. Wasn't sure if it's because it is going to be super busy or if they just don't allow reservations since it is a party night and force you to do it by phone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom