American Adventure AAs & storage

Diznyfan

Original Poster
Just curious if anyone knows where the AAs are stored after their scenes are over in the American Adventure. Obviously it's under the stage, but I'm wondering how there is enough room to fit everything under there?

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
It's all mechanical and computer controlled. The pieces are moved in and out as necessary

aacarriage.jpg

Tom

Beta Return
As you can see in the photo @unkadug posted, all of the scenes (except for 2) are housed in a GIANT steel carriage. It slides under forward and back, extending under the seating area and then back deep into the backstage area.

If you ever have the opportunity to take the Backstage Magic tour, getting to see this system up close and personal is worth the price of admission alone. The last time we took it, we stood right next to it (up by those computer racks you see) as they ran the pre-opening test show. The thing moves silently, and each scene pops up and down using hydraulics.

It's incredible to be just a few feet away while the show is running.

Diznyfan

Original Poster
As you can see in the photo @unkadug posted, all of the scenes (except for 2) are housed in a GIANT steel carriage. It slides under forward and back, extending under the seating area and then back deep into the backstage area.

If you ever have the opportunity to take the Backstage Magic tour, getting to see this system up close and personal is worth the price of admission alone. The last time we took it, we stood right next to it (up by those computer racks you see) as they ran the pre-opening test show. The thing moves silently, and each scene pops up and down using hydraulics.

It's incredible to be just a few feet away while the show is running.

That is so neat! Would you happen to know how much a backstage tour runs these days? I have an annual pass so park admission is not a problem.

Tom

Beta Return

Bairstow

Watching American Adventure cycle through a show was definitely the highlight of the Backstage Magic tour for us. I wish I had brought a flashlight with me, though.
Do keep in mind that all the stops on the tour are subject to availability and scheduling, so there's no guarantee that if you take the tour that you'll be there for the morning cycle.

While we're on the topic of how this effect works in The American Adventure, here's a trivia question for you guys thst I found in one of my Disney trvia books.

What is the nickname given to the mechanism used to move the set of Audio-Ainmatronics figures in The American Adventure?

A.) "Mount Movemore"
B.) "Uncle Sam"
C.) "The War Wagon"
D.) "The People Mover"

Here's a 50/50 lifeline if you need it, which will leave you with thr right answer & the wrong answer, which are either C.) "The War Wagon" or D.) "The People Mover"

The Correct Answer is C.) "The War Wagon." Named after the 1967 John Wayne/ Kirk Dkuglas comedic western of the same name, "The War Wagon" is a massive, high-tech scene changer located behind & below The American Adventure theater. This movable device is the length of a railroad boxcar & as twice as wide (about 65 x 35 x 14 feet). It weighs 175 tons, moves on a system of computer-controlled tracks & takes up more space in the pavilion than does the actual seating area for guests! The number of Audio-Animatronics figures & scene changes in the show forced the Disney Imagineers to invent this behemoth, which not only moves the 11 sets backwards & forwards, but up & down as well.

Diznyfan

Original Poster
While we're on the topic of how this effect works in The American Adventure, here's a trivia question for you guys thst I found in one of my Disney trvia books.

What is the nickname given to the mechanism used to move the set of Audio-Ainmatronics figures in The American Adventure?

A.) "Mount Movemore"
B.) "Uncle Sam"
C.) "The War Wagon"
D.) "The People Mover"

Here's a 50/50 lifeline if you need it, which will leave you with thr right answer & the wrong answer, which are either C.) "The War Wagon" or D.) "The People Mover"

The Correct Answer is C.) "The War Wagon." Named after the 1967 John Wayne/ Kirk Dkuglas comedic western of the same name, "The War Wagon" is a massive, high-tech scene changer located behind & below The American Adventure theater. This movable device is the length of a railroad boxcar & as twice as wide (about 65 x 35 x 14 feet). It weighs 175 tons, moves on a system of computer-controlled tracks & takes up more space in the pavilion than does the actual seating area for guests! The number of Audio-Animatronics figures & scene changes in the show forced the Disney Imagineers to invent this behemoth, which not only moves the 11 sets backwards & forwards, but up & down as well.
Thanks for sharing, I love trivia!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom