Pre-Trip Our Almost Totally "FREE" Trip To Dsney

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for taking some time to check out my pre-trip report!

This is the second trip-report I have done. If you want to check out my first one you can find it here:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/completed-this-is-autism-when-you-add-a-little-pixie-dust.873100/

Our almost Totally FREE trip to Disney will take place from September 15th to the 25th. We are staying at POFQ – same resort as last year. It’s small and cozy (for Disney) and worked very well with us. So as much as I wanted to try Riverside and Julia wanted AOA, Ross offered the advice of “if it’s not broken, don’t fix it.” So POFQ it is.

Let me start by introducing my cast of characters:

wdw20132647469379_6853854427_18.jpeg

Me – Mary, aka “mom”. I am a teacher turned homeschool mom, advocate and blogger. I LOVE Disney and would love to be on the Disney Parks Moms Panel one day! (Made it to round 2 last year.)

Disney 2013 Download 2 012.JPG

Ross, the daddy, aka “Grumpy”. He is the character who works non-stop all year to make this trip possible for us.

Disney September 2013 Download 1 095.JPG

Julia, aka “sissy”, our oldest daughter who is 12. This will be her last trip with us before she turns into a… I hate the word… teenager! :( She LOVES Disney as much as I do and I pray that she always does.

Disney 2013 Download 2 026.JPG

Hope, aka “the Hopester”, (a nickname she somehow adopted when riding Spaceship Earth last year). She is my youngest daughter, 5 ½, diagnosed with severe Autism and Sensory Integration Disorder. I consider our time in Disney as her intense therapy as she always seems to do something incredible when we are there.

Disney September 2013 Download 1 072.JPG

Okay so I know you are all wondering… how is this trip almost “Totally FREE”? Well, first of all, we do have the FREE dining plan. However, on top of that, this year we are…

Diaper FREE! YAHOO!! Which also means – diaper bag FREE!

TSA Special screening process FREE! Hope can also tolerate drinking beverages other than her “special” combination of juices which means we don’t need to take liquid on the plane with us!

High Chair FREE – Hope is making progress using a booster seat – which seems to be easier when going to a sit down restaurant. I know that seems weird to think of a five year old in a highchair– but Hope has such low muscle tone that supporting herself in a regular seat for a long period of time - even and hour or so for dinner is tough for her.

I also have a husband who is now “beard” FREE.

dec2013 044.JPG

Well, almost beard free – he has a small amount of facial hair. But Ross’ new job required him to lose the Duck Dynasty look. He is quite sad because he is sure he will not be picked to be “that guy” without it.

It also means he will not be able to keep his yearly Halloween costume tradition:

nov 4 2013 019.JPG

Now, moving on to Stress FREE? No – not a chance.

Stroller FREE ? No – not for a long while yet. But that’s okay. It means I don’t have to carry a back pack in the parks.

And so, for all of you who would like to follow our journey – Thanks and welcome aboard!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom