The Spirited Back Nine ...

PrincessNelly_NJ

It was still the case last week, due to constant breakdowns. We spent a good 35 minutes in the little rotunda entrance, which was plenty of time to notice the dodgy paint work on the columns (the black they used in the colorway is too dark and too flat) and the careless way the vinyl printed "engraved" words on the wall interrupts the pattern of the marble along its edges.

Anyway, Gringotts does some really cool things. I like the preshow elevator (when it's working) and the even big interlocking spiral staircases on the way up to the platform. When the single rider line is full that's a really dizzying and impressive visual. And of course, the big track-moving stunt at the beginning is mind-blowing, even if it should come at the end of the ride rather than the very beggining.
Oh ok, I did see it went down twice when I was there last Wednesday. We hit it first thing in the morning and walked right on to the elevator the first time and the second time we walked in and waited in the area just before the elevators after you have your photo taken.
I wish I had more time to stop and really look around the queue but we were on limited time since the park closed early for HHN that night.

PrincessNelly_NJ

I've gotta think that they are considering adding one more festival to keep World Showcase in festival mode 100% of the year (or close enough to allow setup/teardown time between them). It's the only thing drawing visitors into Epcot right now, the only thing maintaining even the illusion of it's attendance numbers being ok.
I''m sure that is the plan. Anyone know how much these events make them in money?
Wasn't there some random science fest in innovations last year or the year before?

Progress.City

One thing: they had no other choice. The park would have died (no, not closed or anything, but just been a place where folks visit only for hops and spend no money).

There isn't anything there any longer.

The holdup was a few factors that we've discussed and, likely, a few we don't know. But it had to finally happen and now is finally.
After this, there's just EC left for major work! Is this in the cards? I would imagine EC work could begin after this project is completed. Any chance of it starting in parallel?

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I have a special place for Epcot fanboys who insist that everything is broken with it.

Under utilized? Very much so.

Do people like Epcot? Yes.
I belong in said special place.
People like Epcot. Yes.
People also watched Honey Boo Boo in massive numbers. Doesn't mean it probably should have been something that The Learning Channel should strive to have as it's flagship entertainment offering.

lazyboy97o

I don't believe they do, because the contract is specific to the COMICS ONLY. The MCU has nothing to do with the Uni contract.
There is no specification and many of the attractions utilized the then recent animated series versions of the characters, particularly in the queue videos. The compilation teaser for Avengers: Infinity War has leaked and the Guardians of the Galaxy were clearly represented. Convincing arbiters that something is not what you just spent two years and tens of millions of dollars saying is probably not something worth risking.

aladdin2007

All the money that was originally allocated for imagination got shifted to a third theater at soarin

Just like with nemo, Imaginations money went for that instead at one time too. They consistantly keep finding reasons to shift funds from away from it. Maybe someday a sponsor will be the one to save it, yeah right.

spacemt354

Chili's
I would say that Mine Train succeeds more at being a kiddy coaster than Gringotts succeeds at being an e-ticket-plus ride. At least Mine Train knows to save the best for last.
The best part for me in 7DMT was the show scene.

The sad part was it was over so quick I barely had a chance to appreciate it. As for the ending, it's more like foreshadowing a plot point that didn't have much to do with the drawfs, so it felt shoehorned to me.

As for gringotts, it was good, but I still think FJ is better because it has the wow factor. Most of gringotts happens on screen. While FJ still occurs on screen in forbidden journey, I don't think anything will compare to the first time the dementor flew in my face or the whomping willow almost crushed me, or i felt the ride rock back with flu powder, etc

ToTBellHop

Yes, the Frozen overlay to Norway and Soarin's third theatre.

In comparison to DAK & DHS, Epcot is a shining gem.
I guess. Like the shining gems they sell at Walmart? Epcot is functional like Walmart, but it also shares the similarity that you are likely to contract syphilis from going in there on a Saturday night right about now.

At least parts of the Magic Kingdom are now up to Target quality.

PhotoDave219

I guess. Like the shining gems they sell at Walmart? Epcot is functional like Walmart, but it also shares the similarity that you are likely to contract syphilis from going in there on a Saturday night right about now.

At least parts of the Magic Kingdom are now up to Target quality.

Then don't go.

Epcot will never be what you want it to be.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I have a special place for Epcot fanboys who insist that everything is broken with it.

Under utilized? Very much so.

Do people like Epcot? Yes.
One thing I never understood is why so many people who claim Epcot has "lost its way", also want more attractions added, which is kind of in direct contrast to its original "way". I agree the park is under utilized, but there is still plenty to do, see, and learn.

Epcot is more than just "the park that needs a third theater for Soarin'

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom