DISNEY MEMORY MAKER

PAW PAW 70

Original Poster
I just received information for the Disney Memory Maker photo pass. Have you used it and if so is it worth the $149.00 cost?

TinkerbellKate

We bought it and we really enjoyed it. Our only downside was that it rained the majority of the trip so we weren't able use it for the group shots as much as we would have liked. I did love that all of the ride photos showed up on your memory maker without having to do anything. I would definitely purchase it again.

docdebbi

no one but you knows if it is worth it for you. if you have a large group or do a lot of the rides with on-ride photos, or go to a lot of character meals/dinner shows with photos taken, it is more likely to be worthwhile. if it's a group of two or three and you are not doing these attractions/meals, it may not be. if you really just want the posed photos in front of the icons, you can have the photopass guy take your picture with his camera and then yours, and you can buy one or two pictures afterward from the photopass website.

if you buy through the disney website it is automatically linked to your account and to all people listed for that trip. then you can go on the website and give other people privleges and viewing rights for the MM package also.
all folks listed/linked will have all photos automatically linked during the rides, and they will scan one members magic band for all posed shots.

however............we have noticed that since so many people started buying the package before they go, the number of locations for photographers has decreased. used to be all over the parks, and some just roaming around looking to set you up for shots or get your family on a ride. now just mostly in front of the icons in each park. also, frequently on our trip this month, the ride linking was down and you had to stand in the line to get your pictures linked, sometimes 20 minutes!! this was annoying enough, but on one ride they didn't even have anyone at the exit telling us that. so we left without linking, but then using babyswap, the next group went right back and were informed and we were able to link the prior photo, so ask when you see your on-ride photos if it is working or not

DisneyRoy

Can the Memory Maker be linked to your party?

Yes. You can do this in the My Disney Experience site. You can link all of your party so that anyone that scans their band it will link up. However, there can be only one person with the download privileges. Once the trip is over, only one person can download all of the pictures and must then distribute however you want.

kels650

I got it for my last trip and I was unsure if I thought it was worth the money before I went but I gave it a try anyway. After I got home and realized just how many pictures I got, I thought it was worth every penny. The ride photos alone were more than the cost if I had bought them individually like I used to. I also felt like there were many opportunities throughout the park for pictures.

R W B

I just received information for the Disney Memory Maker photo pass. Have you used it and if so is it worth the $149.00 cost?
My fiancé and I bought 7 photos after we declined the memory maker and our total was $107. Just depends how many photos you think you will get.

erasure fan1

Personally I would never get it again unless we have a group of at least 3 or more so we can split it. The ride photos are the big plus but outside of that I found that the pics I take are the same or better than the photopass people. Anytime we need to get a family photo we just give our camera to the photographer and they are happy to take it. I also find that aside from the character meet and greets and the park icons, there are not enough photographers around the parks.

cfry06

I think it's worth it. As others have said, ride photos are great alone. But add in the amount of family shots - with everyone in the picture- it's so nice. If you plan on any character photos it's great for that too - they often capture more candid photos and if you aren't busy yourself taking pictures, I found I could enjoy the interaction and experience more. We were just there in late Sept-Oct and I actually thought I saw more photographers this trip than the last couple. Saw them in some different places around the park too - not just the major photo op stops. We had a ton of rain, and a 3yo who wasn't always feeling the photos mom wanted but the photographers were terrific with both 'challenges'. Awesome pics, made our little guy smile, and many offered magic shots without us requesting. I will definitely order again - fantastic memories, and a ton of fun to go through the pictures!

Emie

I think it's worth it too. We purchased it before our arrival, it took only 5 days to have it home (we live in France!). We were just two but we thought it would be easier to have a disney photograph to take pictures for us. For eleven days, we took 228 pictures with Disney's photo pass (including rides) and even get 4 videos. I defitnitly will use it again when I will come back.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom