The Spirited Back Nine ...

TeriofTerror

Harbor house is by far one of the most underrated places to eat in the MK. (a park with overall "meh" food choices to begin with). Plus, if you go on an "off hour", you can have the upstairs pretty much to yourself.

Contempo cafe is my new "go to" as well. A short walk (or ride) to a very quiet location that has better food than the entire park next to it. Personally I am a fan of the BBQ chicken salad :)
Totally with you on Harbor House. My new "go to" on the monorail loop is Kona Cafe. My husband and I split some fantastic sushi and a wonderful pork chop, and nearly ate ourselves sick on the bread and macadamia nut butter. We paired that with a bottle of wine and had a good meal at a not-too-outrageous price. :)

PrincessNelly_NJ

Was 7DMT ever supposed to compare though? I mean let's be honest. Maybe the one ithout budget cuts, but the neutered version? Anyone expecting 7DMT to out-do Gringott's was in for a let down before they entered the park.
Well one "high tech" family ride vs another "high tech" family ride should be comparable.
But tell that last line to SJ... he swears 7dmt is far better than gringotts.

Next Big Thing

Well one "high tech" family ride vs another "high tech" family ride should be comparable.
But tell that last line to SJ... he swears 7dmt is far better than gringotts.
I don't really consider 7DMT "high tech", but that's just me. Yeah, it has the nice new AAs and the swinging cars, but there isn't much i'd consider high tech. The swinging is a cool added minor thrill around some parts of the track, but they've been having TONS of trouble even keeping this ride running.

If they didn't shorten the track length and cut show scenes, maybe it would've been more comparable. I still don't think 7DMT would've been something i'd consider high tech though. It's just not that type of ride.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I just wonder, if TDO is going to put all those IPs in DHS - Star Wars, Cars, Toy Story - how the heck is it going to fit together in any logical way? Is any effort going to be put into any kind of logical transition? Or are we going to just walk from one area that features Mater and into another that features Chewbacca? :p
I'd argue that the current themes don't fit together any better. I walk from Tatooine but somehow also the moon of Endor directly into the Muppets ( and yes, I did hand pick this transition example for you :p).

PrincessNelly_NJ

I would say that Mine Train succeeds more at being a kiddy coaster than Gringotts succeeds at being an e-ticket-plus ride. At least Mine Train knows to save the best for last.
But Gringotts was always met to be a family ride... I think it definitely hits that mark... Gringotts might not be an e-ticket, but neither is 7DMT. Both 7dmt and gringotts have positives and negatives, hits and misses.

PrincessNelly_NJ

I don't really consider 7DMT "high tech", but that's just me. Yeah, it has the nice new AAs and the swinging cars, but there isn't much i'd consider high tech. The swinging is a cool added minor thrill around some parts of the track, but they've been having TONS of trouble even keeping this ride running.

If they didn't shorten the track length and cut show scenes, maybe it would've been more comparable. I still don't think 7DMT would've been something i'd consider high tech though. It's just not that type of ride.
I say "high tech" but a better choice would have been innovative probably..

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Totally with you on Harbor House. My new "go to" on the monorail loop is Kona Cafe. My husband and I split some fantastic sushi and a wonderful pork chop, and nearly ate ourselves sick on the bread and macadamia nut butter. We paired that with a bottle of wine and had a good meal at a not-too-outrageous price. :)

shhhh

Some things should be kept under wraps.

Bairstow

But Gringotts was always met to be a family ride... I think it definitely hits that mark... Gringotts might not be an e-ticket, but neither is 7DMT. Both 7dmt and gringotts have positives and negatives, hits and misses.

I think Gringotts is definitely an e-ticket, it just has some questionable design choices, a boring queue, and some severe pacing flaws.

Mine Train's only problem is that it's kind of short.
Oh, and those annoying photopass spotlights in your face in the evening.

Disneyhead'71

Gringott's is without a doubt is an E Ticket. It may not be the greatest E Ticket ever, but it is an E Ticket. A quite nice one at that.

I really think the trifecta of Despicable Me, Transformers, and then EFG may have been too much sameness in short succession. They are all great attractions, but there is no doubt that they are all from the same line of thinking. We get it. Uni Creative does the screen thing better than anyone else. Now let's see what else they can do.

Last edited:

Mike S

I think Gringotts is definitely an e-ticket, it just has some questionable design choices, a boring queue, and some severe pacing flaws.

Mine Train's only problem is that it's kind of short.
Oh, and those annoying photopass spotlights in your face in the evening.
Well, it is a bank you're going into. Even if it's run by Goblins how exciting could the queue really be?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom