Arriving at resort at noon before check in time - meal plan question

kniquy

Original Poster
I am still trying to figure out all the details of the dining plan. We will be arriving at the resort around noon time. Like most places our check in isn't until 3:00pm. To waste time we would likely either stroll around the resort or just head over to one of the parks. My question is -- if you have the dining plan -- does it only start when you officially check in at 3:00pm. First timer here, but am guessing that we will have our bands mailed to us prior to arriving.

belledream

Officially, check in is at 3PM, but sometimes your room may be ready early. Even if it's not, you can leave your luggage at the resort and go play! The dining plan should be good to go whenever you want when you get there.

Betsyboo

You can check in to your resort at anytime that day. You don't need to wait for 3pm. We always check in, leave our bags with bell services and then head to the parks. Your luggage will be delivered to your room while your out and about. My understanding is that you do need to check in for your free dining and charging privileges to be activated.

kniquy

Original Poster
Thats great to hear!!! It will be new years eve when we check in so we really want to just go and get into one of the parks as early as possible.

s&k'smom

You may be in luck and the room will be ready. Honestly out of 13+ trips only once the room wasn't ready, but we always prepare, two trips ago the room wasn't ready but we were prepared. Our bathing suits were in the carry on so we headed to the pool and hung out and had lunch, great way to get rid of jet lag!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom