Shark Reef to close at Typhoon Lagoon

ryguy

Truthfully I go to water parks for the slides, not to snorkel. But I do understand that people who liked shark reef are disappointed, but if a super fun ride replaces it, then I am happy. It would not be cool if it just closes with no replacement.

surfsupdon

I love the water in Shark Reef! As a beach local, I thrive in salt water. I cannot stand that chlorinated garbage. But I still enjoy Disney pools.

Tangent: Disney pools are actually the only ones I go in. Never at any other hotels or resorts, and never at any friends places. Ugh I hate chlorine--but it is how we were raised here.

Fleis76

I agree this has to be cost cutting.

I don't see this being a Olaf spot because Blizzard Beach would make more sense for using Olaf or anything related to the movie Frozen. It would make more sense go a Nemo spot at Typhoon Lagoon than using anything from Frozen.

I have a hard time seeing Disney doing a water park Expansion based on how Disney currently is. Water Park don't give Disney the money as theme parks do and would use it as an excuse not to add anything into the water parks.
Frankly, I'm shocked that there isn't already something themed to Frozen at BB. It's such a gimme. Also, Nemo at TL sounds like a great idea.

Fleis76

Frozen has nothing to do with a freak Blizzard that fell on modern day central Florida.

Just because it has snow and ice doesn't make it a good fit for the Waterpark.
Actually, I agree with you; just because Disney COULD put a Frozen themed attraction in Blizzard Beach, doesn't mean they SHOULD. I was just making the point that if they put Frozen anywhere in a water park, as other posters have suggested, that would be the most obvious fit.

The Shark reef is going no where. The only site I can find with this rumor is this site. I say this isn't happening and this thread shold be closed. I think its really funny how all the people in site can be fooled so easily on a rumor that someone started.

MerlinTheGoat

The Shark reef is going no where. The only site I can find with this rumor is this site. I say this isn't happening and this thread shold be closed. I think its really funny how all the people in site can be fooled so easily on a rumor that someone started.
Wdwmagic is the site that sources most of the latest news. Apart from Disney itself, it is often used as the source of other Disney fan sites across the internet. Also the person posting this rumor is the admin of this site, not some random member with no track record. Steve often gets info directly from people within the company and would not be posting a thread like this (with a front page article) if he didn't have good reason to believe it.

WDWFantasmicFan

Frankly, I'm shocked that there isn't already something themed to Frozen at BB. It's such a gimme. Also, Nemo at TL sounds like a great idea.
1) I have heard talk about Frozen coming to BB during its rehab. I think Frozen would fit with the BB theme, and would probably increase park attendance - but that's not saying I 100% agree with making the park completely Frozen.

Wdwmagic is the site that sources most of the latest news. Apart from Disney itself, it is often used as the source of other Disney fan sites across the internet. Also the person posting this rumor is the admin of this site, not some random member with no track record. Steve often gets info directly from people within the company and would not be posting a thread like this (with a front page article) if he didn't have good reason to believe it.
2) I believe most that is posted by admin on WDWMagic, and I am sure it is one of the sources for many other sites... I have seen this TL story mentioned on a couple of other fan sites, who i'm sure must have checked this rumor out themselves too... This is definitely one of my places to come for Disney news ! :)

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
I haven't been on the forum for a little while and we are at my moms discussing our upcoming trip in Sept.

Has there been any word on if The a Shark Reef at Typhoon Lagoon is reopening after the refurb?

Sorry if it's been posted I'm using my phone and wasn't trying to do a mass search.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom