The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

seahawk7

Carp, carp, carp.

My left ear is not better, and now my right ear also feels like I am swimming under water.
No pain, just an annoying pressure, and diminished hearing in both ears.

Considering this was diagnosed as an outer ear infection, there is no way it should have spread to the other ear.

Guess I'm headed back to the doctor's tomorrow.
Swimmers ear maybe? You don't actually have to swim to get it. My sad it a couple years back, he needed drops.

seahawk7

halloween-2012-mad-king-tower.jpg

Happy Halloween Eve

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Swimmers ear maybe? You don't actually have to swim to get it. My sad it a couple years back, he needed drops.
Not sure.
I had been using OTC Polysporin antibiotic drops for a few days.
Since Tuesday, I switched to the prescription antibiotic/corticosteroid drops.

I noticed an immediate improvement, but things are now back to square one in the left ear, and have now migrated to the right.

I have to get on a plane first thing Saturday morning. :jawdrop:
Thank goodness, I paid the extra and opted for direct flights.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
should be 4 years soon.
My mom will be three years while we are away. She passed one week before our 2011 Disney trip, which we ended up cancelling, of course.
My dad passed away 4 1/2 years ago. He got sick immediately after we got back from our 2009 Disney trip, but didn't pass away until the following May.

This photo (of a photo) was taken in 2006, less than a month after Hubby's mom passed away.

image.jpg

It was so awesome to have shared this experience with my parents.
Little did I know that they would both be gone within 5 years or so.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
My mom will be three years while we are away. She passed one week before our 2011 Disney trip, which we ended up cancelling, of course.
My dad passed away 4 1/2 years ago. He got sick immediately after we got back from our 2009 Disney trip, but didn't pass away until the following May.

This photo (of a photo) was taken in 2006, less than a month after Hubby's mom passed away.

View attachment 71858

What a beautiful picture. I'm glad that you have fond memories of everyone's time together.

MOXOMUMD

Boy I bet that depends who you are ask'n.

In Central/Southern IL there are 4 Universities with very specific 'holidays' that are celebrated beyond HomeComing and students do commute between the campuses anyway they can. Southern IL Carbondale is known for their blowout Halloweens. One of my DS friends came from Iowa U to pick him up and then down several more hours to Carbondale for Halloween. University of IL is all about Unofficial St. Patrick's Days. The drinking starts on an offical day of class the Friday before Midterms. Likely you will see costumed drunk people running through classes in buildings they are not associated with. My DD has had groups of Apes, Vikings, Buzz's too many to think of off hand so drunk by 8am. Campus has tried to stifle it but it will never work. Between 10,000 to 15,000 additional students are on her campus over that weekend. No visitors or overnight guests are allowed in dorms over that weekend. (they really try on that one but they are smart students)

Here is Halloween at Southern:
th

And University of IL Champaign Urbana
safe_image.php
10449512_950761094938948_5772767196460123539_n.jpg
th

th
507f2a281e699.preview-300.jpg
Our local university town turns into party central around 9 pm. The streets the Frat/Sorority houses are on get shut down and everyone on Main Street is in costume when you drive down it. Although they can get pretty silly (as college kids can), earlier in the evening assorted University groups put on a Halloween party for the city's children.

seahawk7

Not sure.
I had been using OTC Polysporin antibiotic drops for a few days.
Since Tuesday, I switched to the prescription antibiotic/corticosteroid drops.

I noticed an immediate improvement, but things are now back to square one in the left ear, and have now migrated to the right.

I have to get on a plane first thing Saturday morning. :jawdrop:
Thank goodness, I paid the extra and opted for direct flights.
Well I hope your doctor can nip it in the bud so you have a good flight/trip. I am so excited for you!

seahawk7

View attachment 71858

Beautiful family @JenniferS

MOXOMUMD

My daughter developed swimmers ear on the final days of a Disney trip. She wasn't fussy on the flight home but being not quite two years old, she wouldn't quit digging at her ear. The steward was so nice. He took a styrofoam cup filled with napkins and poured just enough hot water in it to dampen the napkins. Then he told me to hold it over her ear on takeoff and the pressure wouldn't hurt her and it worked! He then made sure to refresh the warm napkins for the landing and she was fine. I wrote a letter to AirTran telling them how awesome he was.

willtravel

View attachment 71858

Great family photo. Just wondering, how tall is your husband? Or is he standing on a curb?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom