The Spirited Back Nine ...

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Just a note on Small World moving in Tokyo. A friend just sent a note saying there are folks on the Twitter saying the building has structural issues and was going to have to be demo'd and rebuilt, so that may help splain the move.

Or the Japanese are doing things the Japanese way - which is to say create a well thought out plan which includes all contingencies and execute flawlessly.

PhotoDave219

Yep. Dr. Blondie really deserves that PhD. ... Like I deserve half the online crap I take ...

I've never met her but apparently that doctorate got her a starting salary that was higher than most.

I'm sure she's good at what she does but I have a friend who's the chief media officer of a social media company in Seattle that is much more influential than Dr. Blondie could ever be.

stevehousse

Dangerous question, but why will your wife never go to Japan?

A very dangerous question to answer indeed! LOL

Several factors r involved but mainly she won't fly over an ocean...that doesn't mean me and the kids won't make it there someday, but that isn't likely to happen until they are all probably teenagers, which wouldn't be for at least 10-12 years or so!

Last edited:

Next Big Thing

Sure there is...Thierry Coup loves him some screens, and he's calling the shots over there.
That completely has nothing to do with the question posed. Thierry Coup can love screens all he wants, but what @Bairstow was saying is that there was no reason those tunnels needed to be simulated through screens. It's just a way to save money from having to build and maintain set pieces.

Magenta Panther

I just wonder, if TDO is going to put all those IPs in DHS - Star Wars, Cars, Toy Story - how the heck is it going to fit together in any logical way? Is any effort going to be put into any kind of logical transition? Or are we going to just walk from one area that features Mater and into another that features Chewbacca? :p

Next Big Thing

I know I am heading into the abyss with this, but this does head right into the big question of "What is a family?" Disney's development timeline on attractions is roughly five years. Starting with the release of Guardians of the Galaxy, when Disney would have realized they did have a hit, means an attraction would open in roughly late Summer 2019. This hypothetical attraction would therefore be opening right after Avengers: Infinity War Part I and Avengers: Infinity War Part II, films that as of right now are expected to feature the Guardians of the Galaxy and possibly more of the Phase III characters. If these characters become Avengers in the Marvel Cinematic Universe do they then become part of the Avengers family? Is that a multimillion dollar risk worth taking?
I don't believe they do, because the contract is specific to the COMICS ONLY. The MCU has nothing to do with the Uni contract.

Bryan W

I just wonder, if TDO is going to put all those IPs in DHS - Star Wars, Cars, Toy Story - how the heck is it going to fit together in any logical way? Is any effort going to be put into any kind of logical transition? Or are we going to just walk from one area that features Mater and into another that features Chewbacca? :p

i always thought they should call it Disney's Movie Magic Park or something. That would explain the California/studios vibe in some parts, TGMR, and cover all the IP they could want (as long as it's movies, so the ABC theme might need some work). Just a working idea I've noticed in other threads with my own thoughts mixed in.

Next Big Thing

Don't do it. Don't open that Pandora's box....
People can open the door all the want, but it's not going to get them far bc the contract is very specific about the land only being able to portray and be based on The Avengers + X-men + Fantastic Four characters from the Marvel Comics (and they must be the comic representation).

NowInc

Two places, I'd send people to at WDW: Columbia Harbor House (a Spirited Family Tradition since 1976!) and the Contemo Cafe at the Contemporary Resort. The former has a great new chicken and broccoli salad in a creamy peppercorn dressing, the latter a great steak salad with pita bread. Both are (they won't be after I post this, though) under $9.

Harbor house is by far one of the most underrated places to eat in the MK. (a park with overall "meh" food choices to begin with). Plus, if you go on an "off hour", you can have the upstairs pretty much to yourself.

Contempo cafe is my new "go to" as well. A short walk (or ride) to a very quiet location that has better food than the entire park next to it. Personally I am a fan of the BBQ chicken salad :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom