The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

I laughed so hard with this one. My DD had two related interviews this week. First one after interview asked if she would be interested also in another position and sent her there this morning. She has a habit of being just a few minutes early and walked in on the staff playing Halloween games and were in the middle of pulling together a Harry Potter motif for the office. She said out of all the interviews she went on this was the best. She said they were a smart bunch of people who didn't have a stick up the tushie and were fun, lighthearted and they were all laughing at various points in the interview. She indicated that everyone in the office was happy, helpful and genuinely nice.
Oh, I said it was the philosophy. I didn't say it was accurate. At my old job, we used to play cornhole and darts on a regular basis.

Sounds like a good opportunity. Hope she gets it.:)

StarWarsGirl

Conversation with my mom
Mom: Do you remember in Williamsburg when we were in the one exhibit where we saw the cat laying in the basket?
Me: Yup.
Mom: Do you remember which exhibit that was.
Me: Nope. All I remember was the cat. It was an orange tabby, it let me pet it, and it was adorable.
Mom: You realize that you're slowly becoming the crazy cat lady, right.
Me: I've already been there, done that, and got the t-shirt.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
This reminds me of when DWifey and myself first started our family. Our kiddos (now 20, 21, and 23) are approximately 3 yrs. and 2 mos. apart. For the first 5-6 years after our first was born, we visited, all on Christmas day, my pops folks, my moms folks, and my DWifeys mothers folks.
It was 2 hrs. from Austin to pops folks, 1.5 hrs. from there to moms folks, and then another 3 hrs. to Dwifeys folks, as well as an hour from there back to our place. One big*ss loop. All good stuff, but, crazy darn travel day. :confused: ;) :)

And blessed you were not doing it in the snow! :cold:

Gabe1

Oh, I said it was the philosophy. I didn't say it was accurate. At my old job, we used to play cornhole and darts on a regular basis.

Sounds like a good opportunity. Hope she gets it.:)

Thanks, she really liked this one.

She is amazed at how many people are applying for these same jobs. She really liked it. Next Tuesday I will take her down to Dead Center of Illinois for another interview. There best be a coffee shop for her to drop me off at.
4 hours into dead corn stalks. Joy Joy

Gabe1

Conversation with my mom
Mom: Do you remember in Williamsburg when we were in the one exhibit where we saw the cat laying in the basket?
Me: Yup.
Mom: Do you remember which exhibit that was.
Me: Nope. All I remember was the cat. It was an orange tabby, it let me pet it, and it was adorable.
Mom: You realize that you're slowly becoming the crazy cat lady, right.
Me: I've already been there, done that, and got the t-shirt.

Ha!

There could be a lot worse things a college student can be obsessed about. :D

donaldtoo

With F1 weekend comin' up here, the fun cars are comin' out.
Was behind one of these in traffic on the way home from the office, this evenin'...

8469831072_8400645f83_z.jpg

A McLaren MP4. :)

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Carp, carp, carp.

My left ear is not better, and now my right ear also feels like I am swimming under water.
No pain, just an annoying pressure, and diminished hearing in both ears.

Considering this was diagnosed as an outer ear infection, there is no way it should have spread to the other ear.

Guess I'm headed back to the doctor's tomorrow.

Cesar R M

Those were bad times. I was a small kid when 'we' tried to convert. It was very confusing because we were being taught gallons, pints along with metric along side feet and inches. Staff quickly realized we kids were having a very difficult time wrapping our brains around two different systems at the same time. It went on for many years but finally it was just phased out. Amen.
I concur, I actually put the money very visible in either the bathroom's sink area. or in the small office table.

Cesar R M

I have a set of pins that I found at a Discount Disney Store in St.Augustine in early 2013?... we lost stitch, but have the others.
IMG_0035_zpsa74cad19.jpg

It's an old pic - don't even have that ugly bedspread anymore. But, I love those pins! My hubby is an electrical engineer and I have a degree in bio. Love me some nerds!! :)
how could you lose stitch? :(

Nice!

All our family is 2 hrs+ away, so we end up traveling a LOT. Think it would be easier to move to Orlando and insist the mouse is now our family and that we'll be spending the holidays with him. :rolleyes:
or use that as an excuse to force your family to visit you in orlando.

Cesar R M

Boy I bet that depends who you are ask'n.

In Central/Southern IL there are 4 Universities with very specific 'holidays' that are celebrated beyond HomeComing and students do commute between the campuses anyway they can. Southern IL Carbondale is known for their blowout Halloweens. One of my DS friends came from Iowa U to pick him up and then down several more hours to Carbondale for Halloween. University of IL is all about Unofficial St. Patrick's Days. The drinking starts on an offical day of class the Friday before Midterms. Likely you will see costumed drunk people running through classes in buildings they are not associated with. My DD has had groups of Apes, Vikings, Buzz's too many to think of off hand so drunk by 8am. Campus has tried to stifle it but it will never work. Between 10,000 to 15,000 additional students are on her campus over that weekend. No visitors or overnight guests are allowed in dorms over that weekend. (they really try on that one but they are smart students)

Here is Halloween at Southern:
th

And University of IL Champaign Urbana
safe_image.php
10449512_950761094938948_5772767196460123539_n.jpg
th

th
507f2a281e699.preview-300.jpg

is that paris hilton on te last picture in green?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom