I really wish Disney would be at the forefront of the ride technology.

Californian Elitist

Radiator Springs Racers is by far the best new ride in several years at any park. Putting Disney at the forefront!

I agree that RSR is a really fun ride, but no one is arguing that and it is not the point of this thread. We are talking about the lack of inventions of new ride systems within the past years. RSR's ride system is nothing new.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
The magic of Disney cannot be replicated by any other amusement park.
I love Universal Studios, but it is not Disney.
It is not magical and I do not feel like a kid again like I do spinning on the tea cups.
And nothing beats a Disney character like Pluto posing with you.
The Minions are adorable but they are not magical.

I think the biggest problem I see is that WDW has a very diverse population to satisfy.
Disneyland has a primarily local customer base, that is evident on how they reward their AP holders.
The average visitor to DLR feel like they own the park.
Carsland was a phenomenal success and is the best thing to happen to any Park.
The Imagineers still have it, but I do not envy them working with budgets, safety and much more.
They need to satisfy everyone 9 months to 90 years and 50 lbs to 300 lbs.
The average visitor to WDW feels more like a visitor.
WDW focuses on pleasing the Resort guests.

You are entitled to your opinion, but I personally don't feel as you do. There are parts of Uni, especially the Harry Potter areas, that are just as magical to me as anything Disney has done.

LivFreeorDisney

Potter land is great but that's just one (Two now) parts of the park that look great...all the other rides have basic queue lines that don't immerse you into the ride you're about to go on. Universal still has that Six Flags feel with many queue lines having the metal chains and pealing pant. Disney has so many rides with great queue lines like , TOT, Dumbo, Pooh, TT and so on. At the end of the day you want a great ride but getting there is half the fun. I do hope that whatever is going on at HS, they will wow us with some new awesome, super duper crazy ride tech that'll make us pitch a tent.

We can only hope.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Potter land is great but that's just one (Two now) parts of the park that look great...all the other rides have basic queue lines that don't immerse you into the ride you're about to go on. Universal still has that Six Flags feel with many queue lines having the metal chains and pealing pant. Disney has so many rides with great queue lines like , TOT, Dumbo, Pooh, TT and so on. At the end of the day you want a great ride but getting there is half the fun. I do hope that whatever is going on at HS, they will wow us with some new awesome, super duper crazy ride tech that'll make us pitch a tent.

We can only hope.

Have to disagree with this, ET still has one of the best queues I have seen in either Uni or Disney. And as for parts that look great, Port of Entry at IOA looks fabulous. These are just a few examples.

Last edited:

LivFreeorDisney

0120-88_Queue_IMG_3709.JPG

despicable-me-wait-line-allison.JPG

I know that Disney has some of these but they are moving away from these cattle queues, the the improvements of the Pooh and Dumbo queues. The Hulk is an older ride but the bottom pic is of the newer Minion ride.

BigTxEars

It's all personal preference IMO, I prefer real rides to some of the technology that Uni is using to build their newer stuff like Transformers for example. I am not saying it's not fun but I prefer the 7DMT and it's "realness" much more. Things like Belles Enchanted are much more enjoyable to me than a high tech marvel like HP at Uni. But that is all just my prefernce and I can certainly see why others would disagree.

Heck my favorite ride in all of Orlando is Ripsaw Falls, old school style :)

jensenrick

I
Have to disagree with this, ET still has one of the best queues I have seen in either Uni or Disney. And as for parts that look great, Port of Entry at IOA looks fabulous. These are just a few examples.
IOA is filled with amazing queues, at nearly every attraction !

doctornick

I see a lot of people get fascinated by using the latest and greatest technology or wanting to see "innovation" when it comes to ride systems. Personally, I don't care. Yes, if a ride system enhances the experience then great! But I don't care what Tech is used; I care about the overall quality of the experience.

I'm perfectly fine with Omnimovers and old fashioned boat rides if they take me through scenes that come alive with sights and sounds that are engaging.

PrincessNelly_NJ

0120-88_Queue_IMG_3709.JPG

despicable-me-wait-line-allison.JPG

I know that Disney has some of these but they are moving away from these cattle queues, the the improvements of the Pooh and Dumbo queues. The Hulk is an older ride but the bottom pic is of the newer Minion ride.
Those are the outside queues... Just like R'n'R & TOT outside queue is lackluster. But once you get inside the building, you can see the themes and build up.
Despicable Me:
DSCN0436.jpg
DSCN0437.jpg
DSCN0449.jpg
Transformers:
TFallspaek2.JPG
TFscrap.JPG

MIB:
img_2357.jpg
Men_in_Black_Alien_Attack_queue_03.jpg

Simpsons:
88f2d28cca01ae1a1587a53318647fc7.jpg
inside-simpsons-ride.jpg

Twister:
6221297295_e09de7b968_z.jpg

And The dragon challenge has a fantastic queue line! That only got better with the harry potter changes.

dadddio

I see a lot of people get fascinated by using the latest and greatest technology or wanting to see "innovation" when it comes to ride systems. Personally, I don't care. Yes, if a ride system enhances the experience then great! But I don't care what Tech is used; I care about the overall quality of the experience.

I'm perfectly fine with Omnimovers and old fashioned boat rides if they take me through scenes that come alive with sights and sounds that are engaging.
Agreed. I'm more interested in a ride that is going to be fun after 20 rides in 20 years than just what's brand new right now.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Tower of Terror is probably still and always will be the most advanced ride system Disney will ever incorporate into their theme parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom