One night offsite before Disney Resort

Hugo

Original Poster
Hello there.
I have magic your way package for me, wife and 2year old son
entering at Disney All Stars Sports November 8. I found flight tickets for the day before. Changing dates at Hotel seems not to be possible due to availability therefore i have to spend One night outside. It seems I also wont be able to use magical express.

Any recommendations to spend that One night before? Anyone knows hotel offering airport shuttle? Any options to easily change hotel to Disney resort?

Thanks in advance for comments

MMDVC

R u planning to keep calling for availability at any of the values? Hopefully something will open up for that night. The shuttle from MCO isn't too bad but adding another taxi fare to get from your offsite to All Stars could be expensive. The taxis work in zones , I would have the estimated fee researched on the Mears website. It might seem expensive to stay one night at the hotel located in the Olando airport ( $171 with AAA discount) but subtracting shuttles and taxi brings it down and first night would be relaxing. Then you would be eligible for the Magic Express from MCO to All Stars, correct?

JasonDeyoung

I've stayed at the Hilton in the Downtown Disney area that's right across the street from dtd, wasn't too bad and I've stayed at the Sheraton Vistana just outside Disney and and those were pretty nice and big

Last edited:

Hugo

Original Poster
R u planning to keep calling for availability at any of the values? Hopefully something will open up for that night. The shuttle from MCO isn't too bad but adding another taxi fare to get from your offsite to All Stars could be expensive. The taxis work in zones , I would have the estimated fee researched on the Mears website. It might seem expensive to stay one night at the hotel located in the Olando airport ( $171 with AAA discount) but subtracting shuttles and taxi brings it down and first night would be relaxing. Then you would be eligible for the Magic Express from MCO to All Stars, correct?

Yes in fact I´ve called couple of times but until now there is no availability in the same category resorts for the night before. I agree with you, hopefully something opens for that night. I would deeply like to take advantage of using DME. I even think that spending some extra money in the night before at Disney is even better than using a different hotel nearby airport or nearby lake buena vista and using a different transportation form the airport.

harveyt0206

My husband and I always fly in the day before our Disney package starts. We like to stay at the airport Hyatt. We walk around the airport, have dinner then go to bed early so that we can wake up nice and early and catch an early Magical Express. The only "drawback", which is a minor trade off in our book, is that you can not take advantage of the automatic luggage transfer. Other than that, it always works out well for us.

Mouse_Trap

Cancel the Disney motel booking and either save yourself a fortune by staying in a similar standard motel, or upgrade to a nice hotel for a similar price. You can probably get a car rental as well without paying any more, solving the transportation issue and saving your family for the hell that is Disney's bus transportation.

yensid67

Depending on whether you really want to stay on property...is it a must? If not I would search for a package deal for the Clarion Lake Buena Vista and Rental Car. We flew into Sanford rented an Alamo economy and stayed at the clarion LBV for a week and it only cost us $1,000.00

POLY LOVER

The Bohemian Hotel in Celebration about 5 minutes from Disney. Or the Gaylord Palms both places are unique and a great place to stay. Celebration is a great town to enjoy and wak around and enjoy the Lake and homes and shopping.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom