Thanksgiving meal

Tink28

Original Poster
Do any of the Disney restaurants offer turkey etc for Thanksgiving alongside their regular menus or where would you go to celebrate thanksgiving? Thanks

belledream

Various restaurants do end up offering special Thanksgiving fare, but I don't think it has been announced yet - probably within the next week or so.

Liberty Tree has a All You Care To Eat Thanksgiving-like dinner year round. (Lunch is a different menu).

zurgandfriend

I miss the characters at LTT dressed in colonial time clothing!!:(

So do we. My DS’s first meal at Walt Disney World was at the Liberty Tree Tavern when the characters were there, Chip and Dale came over and made fun of my DW trying to get her camera out and Minnie and Goofy posed for pictures with each of us. They all made a very special memory for a 5 year old.

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Do any of the Disney restaurants offer turkey etc for Thanksgiving alongside their regular menus or where would you go to celebrate thanksgiving? Thanks

Quite a few of the restaurants have special Thanksgiving menus or add a Thanksgiving component to their usual menu. We did Captain's Grille at Yacht Club a few years ago for Thanksgiving and it was great. Booked a later lunch time (2pm) and the food was very fresh and it wasn't until the end of our meal that it got quite crowded. I don't think the 'official' 2014 Thanksgiving menus have been published, but you can check a number of websites for past year's Thanksgiving info and most of that doesn't change year to year - just do a quick search for Thanksgiving 2014 at Disney World and some lists of participating restaurants will come up.

ninjaprincesst

This is the list I found for this year Akershus, Biergarten, Coral Reef, Le Cellier, Rose and Crown, Be Our Guest,Tony's Town Square, Hollywood and Vine, Brown Derby, Tusker House. There are also several of the resort resteraunts as well. Also The Garden Grill has turkey and dressing on the regular menu.

Tink28

Original Poster
Thanks for the info, bit of early planning going on as won't be at WDW until next Thanksgiving, and have not been in the US for Thanksgiving before.

SagamoreBeach

AS much as I love to go out to eat and go on vacation, Thanksgiving is the one holiday I love to be home and cook up a storm. One year the whole family made reservations at a restaurant...it just wasn't the same.
-T

coachwnh

We have enjoyed Thanksgiving dinner at Liberty Tree and it was great, but our favorite was Mickey's Backyard BBQ. We have been there for the Fourth of July and Christmas as well, and its always a great time with all of the holiday fixings!

75disney

Love Thanksgiving at Disney. I recommend 50s Prime Time for dinner. They usually have a Thanksgiving turkey platter. Then stroll the Osborne Lights afterwards. Perfect way to start the holiday. Another great option is the Thanksgiving buffet at Captain's Grill in YC. Be sure to book your ADRs at your 180 day mark because everything books up really fast for Thanksgiving Day.

Tink28

Original Poster
Plenty to choose from am looking forward to my first Thanksgiving, thank all for the info

tecowdw

Love Thanksgiving at Disney. I recommend 50s Prime Time for dinner. They usually have a Thanksgiving turkey platter. Then stroll the Osborne Lights afterwards. Perfect way to start the holiday. Another great option is the Thanksgiving buffet at Captain's Grill in YC. Be sure to book your ADRs at your 180 day mark because everything books up really fast for Thanksgiving Day.
Yes, and the 180 day mark has long passed. Reservations are mostly only available for places that may not serve Thanksgiving menus now.

I have Boatwright's booked. They aren't listed as a restaurant offering a holiday menu this year but I know they did last year. In fact they didn't provide a holiday menu when we sat and dined there last year but they did offer a turkey meal anyway. Thankfully!!

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
We've done both Liberty, Cape May and Chef Mickey's. ADRs at this point are likely hard to get unless your talking for a future year.

Matt_Black

Eat wherever you like. Don't be concerned about tradition, as the practice of having turkey is relatively recent, thanks to advance in refrigeration and transportation. Before then, pork ribs were the Thanksgiving meal of choice, or whatever staple was in abundance in a particular location (for example, finding seafood at a New England Thanksgiving meal would not be unheard of).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom