new years eve meal reservations

kniquy

Original Poster
We will be staying dec 31st - June 6th. I have just gone online and there is nothing available to make dinner reservations with in the park for the 31st. My guess is that we will be limited to some quick service meals that evening. My questing is -- we have the mid level dining plan with the 1 TS, 1 QS and one snack. I am unsure how the dining plan works. With the dining plan are you given a total number of credits to use so if we have to do 2 quick service meals on the 31st would we be able to do 2 table service meals on another day?

I am just trying to figure out what we should do -- we can get reservations at one of the resorts but we plan on being in the park for dinner.

belledream

Your understanding of the dining plan is correct. You aren't stuck with 1 TS and 1 QS per day - you are free to use them however you choose. You could eat snacks all day, then eat 4 QS meals another day if you wish.

As for your dining dilemma, it depends what park you'll be at, but if you're at MK, getting to a resort for a meal is very simple and not as time consuming as you may think. Decide what you and your family would prefer - QS or a resort TS. Don't let the location stop you.

kniquy

Original Poster
Thanks for the input!! Our dilemma is that with arriving new years eve i keep hearing that you get to a park and you stay there. I am a newbie to Disney so i am guessing that if we were to go and eat at the grand floridian we would have to leave the MK to eat there and then try to re-enter the park -- Sorry if this is a silly question.

belledream

True, didn't think about that. MK will very likely reach capacity before dinner time and I'm pretty sure you will not be able to reenter due to the capacity close. Your best bet is to eat two quick service meals that day then. Our favorites are Be Our Guest (lunch only, FP+ only, see if you get lucky) and Columbia Harbor House. Tortuga Tavern is also a favorite and should definitely be open during this busy time.

Of course, you should keep checking the website for openings in TS! The cancellation policy is now mandatory if people want to avoid being charged, and cancellations happen all the time, so keep trying.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Thanks for the input!! Our dilemma is that with arriving new years eve i keep hearing that you get to a park and you stay there. I am a newbie to Disney so i am guessing that if we were to go and eat at the grand floridian we would have to leave the MK to eat there and then try to re-enter the park -- Sorry if this is a silly question.

True, didn't think about that. MK will very likely reach capacity before dinner time and I'm pretty sure you will not be able to reenter due to the capacity close. Your best bet is to eat two quick service meals that day then. Our favorites are Be Our Guest (lunch only, FP+ only, see if you get lucky) and Columbia Harbor House. Tortuga Tavern is also a favorite and should definitely be open during this busy time.

Of course, you should keep checking the website for openings in TS! The cancellation policy is now mandatory if people want to avoid being charged, and cancellations happen all the time, so keep trying.
If you are staying on site, you will be able to get into the parks all the way up to what is called a phase 4 closure. If you are not staying on site and are re-entering the same park your cut off is phase 3.

Phase 4 closures are extremely rare (There have only been a handful in the history of WDW). Phase 3 is fairly possible.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/park-closing-phases.htm

kniquy

Original Poster
We are staying on property so that is in our favor. I have heard about the different phases of closures. I will definitely keep checking for dinner cancellations. good tip! I think we might end up at epcot and if we do 2 QS meals that isn't the end of the world-- From what i have heard that park does a better job at have the crowds a little spread out.

belledream

EPCOT is definitely the best park for QS. They have amazing selection at Sunshine Seasons, and then every country has some very good options as well.

The park itself is less attraction-based than MK, so there are probably less crowds queuing around lines, and more people are spread out throughout the park perusing FutureWorld or World Showcase at their leisure. Have fun with whatever you choose!

JillC LI

We are staying on property so that is in our favor. I have heard about the different phases of closures. I will definitely keep checking for dinner cancellations. good tip! I think we might end up at epcot and if we do 2 QS meals that isn't the end of the world-- From what i have heard that park does a better job at have the crowds a little spread out.

Yes, there are plenty of places to get a great QS meal at EPCOT. Some of our faves are Sunshine Seasons, Yorkshire Fish Shop, and Tangierene Cafe.

CAPTAIN HOOK

The park itself is less attraction-based than MK, so there are probably less crowds queuing around lines, and more people are spread out throughout the park perusing FutureWorld or World Showcase at their leisure. Have fun with whatever you choose!
We did NYE in EPCOT in 08. The park closed mid morning. It was busy in there !!!!
By mid afternoon the Soarin' standby line was at over 3 hours. My daughters had FP tickets for TT in the early evening, they were missing for over an hour trying to get on the ride.
Sure, EPCOT has more physical space than MK and the other parks, so its capacity is greater. The crowds are still there, believe me !!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom