The Spirited Back Nine ...

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
The map they have on their parks blog, shows their toontown to still be there, its their Autopia and Astro Orbiter that look to be on the chopping block, with an Arendell port to open in Tokyo Sea. Can I just say, the fact they are opening this in 2 years time, should put the domestic parks to shame. Pandora won't even be done by the time they are finished building this and given its TDL its probably going to be stunning, well designed, and not cheaply designed.

That's because OLC is owned by a life insurance company who wants and needs cash flows for the long term, so they invest the necessary capital to make that happen, TWDC is squeezing the last drops out of Eisner era investments and will leave a dessicated husk behind for the NEXT management team to fix.

Kungaloosh1937

It was very natural. Bill still had his stage mic on. We were walking out of the theatre (stage left side) and they came out from backstage, I assume with the intent to take pics with specific audience members. There were certain guests dressed up as B&T. I certainly made sure to get a picture in though as I had never seen them come out before.

It is not generally procedure as the actors actually want to rest between shows, but they will come out for people they know, and only Bill and Ted are allowed in costume. That fans are there as well is only because the fans know it happens sometimes.

wdwgreek

That's because OLC is owned by a life insurance company who wants and needs cash flows for the long term, so they invest the necessary capital to make that happen, TWDC is squeezing the last drops out of Eisner era investments and will leave a dessicated husk behind for the NEXT management team to fix.
I didn't know they were an insurance company however I knew TDL was privately owned. Disney domestically should take a page from OLC's book. High quality attractions and experiences will result in high yields and profits.

lazyboy97o

I don't know, that area with the huge castle clearly looks like B&tB. With them keeping the Queen of Hearts restaurant does it really make sense for them to build BoG too? If they get a B&tB ride I swear to god.........
Queen of Hearts is a cafeteria setup, so the service style would be different if Be Our Guest is cloned as is.

GrammieBee

To all you wishers, dreamers and planners out there, please keep in mind that Disney is not just about what YOU want and expect. New areas and attractions are great and very welcomed, but eliminating all "old" or "classic" attractions is a bad idea for many reasons.

In addition, not everyone who likes and visits WDW or DL will ever be able to experience a Disney park outside of the U.S. Nor do they need, want or can go on an excess of "thrill" rides. The parks will always have to have well themed rides and attractions appealing to ALL ages or they may well lose their magic and what makes Disney special.

BrerJon

Here is a link to OLC's english language website

http://www.olc.co.jp/en/

Thanks for finding that. Interesting that the new DisneySea port will be as big as Arabian Coast - that's a *big* land.

If anyone hasn't popped into the Tokyo Disneyland forum on here recently, it's worth a look as there's a more detailed breakdown of the changes and a great trip report from a recent visitor.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/tokyo-disneyland-sea-expands.892679/
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/spirit-inspiried-faux-1-visit-to-tokyo-disneyland.891035/

randyrut

Just booked my vacation for next year. Nov 13-16 at the Hard Rock at UNI and Nov 16-22 at the Polynesian. Never stayed there before so hopefully its a good resort. Here's to praying that the parks are not a huge mess, or at least that the Christmas decor will be up to cover any issues. We as a family have never been to Disney when the Christmas stuff is out, is it just as beautiful as you would think it to be? Any insight?

PhotoDave219

To all you wishers, dreamers and planners out there, please keep in mind that Disney is not just about what YOU want and expect. New areas and attractions are great and very welcomed, but eliminating all "old" or "classic" attractions is a bad idea for many reasons.

In addition, not everyone who likes and visits WDW or DL will ever be able to experience a Disney park outside of the U.S. Nor do they need, want or can go on an excess of "thrill" rides. The parks will always have to have well themed rides and attractions appealing to ALL ages or they may well lose their magic and what makes Disney special.

You know what site you're on, right? Everyone here knows better than management! LOL.

Goofyernmost

I would bet anything that the last thing we will see is anything SW. probably the first thing will be the kiddie carnival rides. I don't care what they are themed or how well they are carnival rides. personally I can not believe some of the posters here that seem to be Ok with it.....well if they are well themed......huh? That's acceptable. Then go on to say that they exist elsewhere in the parks....huh? That too is acceptable? Carni rides are CHEAP, uninspiring and unimaginative!....hello! Again what I have read is that most will be geared to the kiddies. Nothing wrong with that if you are a child or have children. But if you are an adult.......well.

Now we can hold out hope that SW will have some spectacular E Ticket. But will it? We don't really have to look no further then FL to see TDO's recent work. Very beautiful....substance....not so much. DHS even though it lacked much for the kids ( actually lacked much in the way of rides for anybody ) was an incredible park. The theming, the ambiance I would say was as good as any of the O-Town theme parks. As we all know TDO and Eisner rushed the park to open because of a new park opening up the road. WHat they lacked in rides and attractions they went with street-mosphere, a true sense of a real working studio. What they did provide was an EXPERIENCE!

SO then slowly but surely they cut most of everything we loved. The "essence" of the park is long gone. They now have cut attractions. SO what they did was stripped the park down to the bare bones. The first thing we will do is put in CARNIVAL rides and somehow there are people who welcome this? Are you kidding me? Tell me people what attraction or ride could be worse then a carnival ride? Whats a lower class attraction? There is none! So you will be happy with the bottom? Oh but it will be themed so well.....pppppffffffttttt!!!!!!

So Shindle you answered your own rhetorical question. Yea we are feeling just a little burned.
It's a little soon to feel burned isn't it? You and all the rest of us have no idea what is going in there. You are reacting strictly to your own imagination. Kiddie rides might be first, who knows, but they are the fastest to get built and operational in a park that needs things for kids AND things in general.

You are correct about the original essence being out of there. That happened the day they closed the working studio, which was ages ago. You cannot show how to make movies if you are not making movies. They gave it a shot and it didn't work financially or practically, such is life.

Also, I don't think that anyone is saying that they welcome that particular part of the project, if it is indeed a part of it, however, they are appearing to be doing something which is more then we have seen in years. It's what people have been saying... Curse them because they are doing nothing and then curse them when they do start but it doesn't agree with what we, as individuals, might what to see. There is no way to win, is there?

Sped2424

It's legitimate. Looks like the Speedway and the Rocket Jets are out, Small World is moving to a much grander spot to make way for an Alice miniland, and Dumbo looks to be moving too. Can't tell what the rest of the new stuff is.
Well then looks like our new fantasyland shall pale in comparison. Now from what I can gather in the image
tumblr_ne8zuanpmZ1s49ofro1_1280.jpg

I think I see the mine train in the upper part? There's an alice miniland next to the restaurant. And a beauty and the beast area? also I think that is it's a small word next to space mountain.

DisneyElephant

BTW, you have to admire Mickey's (and Georgie's) balls.

The final MNSSHP is Friday.

The first MVMCP is next Friday.

Yep, the Friday before Veteran's Day weekend (and it is apparently sold out already! Bless those Lifestylers and addicts!) ... oh, and the holiday itself. So, no 3-day weekend for MK hours. And SEVEN Christmas Parties BEFORE Thanksgiving.

I'm usually just a lurker on here, but I wanted to chime in and say something about Christmas. I work in the entertainment industry (theater) and where I work we sell tickets to our annual Christmas show months and months in advance. The shows sell out incredibly quickly. People can't enough of it and its almost sickening, but its not just a "lifestyler" thing, its a Christmas thing. Our first show for our Christmas show is next week. NEXT WEEK!!! It doesn't just get earlier and earlier every year, its mostly because its our money maker and people go ga-ga over it. They will buy the tickets for the performances in November so they can have a chance to see the show at all and they will pay a premium to do so. Personally I think that, while yes, its good for our business and quaint to see people having such Christmas/Holiday traditions, I think its a little nuts.

I think you are being far, far too optimistic and that is even if all that seems to be happening actually does.

All four parks need major additions and improvements and the resort as a whole needs a lesson in its roots and what it was from opening thru the mid-90s.

WDW is now largely all about BRANDED experiences and not about creating immersive places that transport guests. It all goes back into itself and what guests say they want for inspiration. That's not a long term recipe for creative or financial success.

I think this is true unfortunately across the board for a lot of larger entertainment companies and entities. It's all about the brand. While my place of business is a bit more cutting-edge and is likely to attract a certain kind of crowd, we try to make it an "experience". I think more and more entertainment companies, profit and non-profit alike, are trying so hard to worry about the sell and the brand and less about the actual product which is antithetical if you ask me. It has to start with the experience and the customer, not just how we market whatever half-a**ed product we pump out.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Unfortunately, I don't expect the outcry to be severe enough to even register. After the national campaign promoting Cars Land and other big additions to CA, I expected WDW casual fans to push harder for upgrades to the Florida parks. But, considering how attendance supposedly is on the increase in Florida, Disney was able to apparently satisfy many with FLE and a few Frozen parties.

Don't forget the popular lumberjack show that takes us on a magical journey as we soar majestically (in our minds) over the forests of Canada and into a mystic dream of logging and wood celebration. Truly, we are enriched as the importance of logging in our daily lives is reinforced by high level contests of daring do that remind us all of the oak, the ash, the cherry, the pine of life. This experience which makes every Canadian's heart swell with pride, is narrated in such a way that, at times, it feels as though you are watching a Broadway production. Enriching, exciting, endearing, entertaining, enthralling are just some of the words that start with e (like or our beloved prototype community of tomorrow) that can be used to describe this show. Even if this show hasn't yet increased attendance, I would say it has caused people to stay in WS in droves.

Last edited:

Nemo14

Don't forget the popular lumberjack show that takes us on a magical journey as we soar majestically (in our minds) over the forests of Canada and into mystic dream of logging and wood celebration. Truly, we are enriched as the importance of logging in our daily lives is reinforced by high level contests of daring do that remind us all of the oak, the ash, the cherry, the pine of life. Truly, this experience which makes every Canadian's heart swell with pride, is narrated in such a way that, at times, it feels as though you are watching a Broadway production. Enriching, exciting, endearing, entertaining, enthralling are just some of the words that start with e (like or our beloved prototype community of tomorrow) that can be used to describe this show. Even if this show hasn't yet increased attendance, I would say it has caused people to stay in WS in droves.
*wipes a tear*

BrerJon

Well then looks like our new fantasyland shall pale in comparison. Now from what I can gather in the image
tumblr_ne8zuanpmZ1s49ofro1_1280.jpg

I think I see the mine train in the upper part? There's an alice miniland next to the restaurant. And a beauty and the beast area? also I think that is it's a small word next to space mountain.

Ah you might be right about the Mine Train. Can you imagine if they get a 7 Dwarfs with extra showscenes, better lighting etc... that could be cool.

Sped2424

Ah you might be right about the Mine Train. Can you imagine if they get a 7 Dwarfs with extra showscenes, better lighting etc... that could be cool.
tumblr_ne9q38agIN1rb3d4bo1_1280.jpg

beauty and the beast area? in blue. New small world in orange. Mine train/snow white area in yellow and alice in pink. Knowing the oriental land company they aren't going to spend the money on the mine train unless they beef it up.

BrerJon

beauty and the beast area? in blue. New small world in orange. Mine train/snow white area in yellow and alice in pink. Knowing the oriental land company they aren't going to spend the money on the mine train unless they beef it up.

Yup I think you've pretty much got it right (although you've circled Toontown to the left of the Mine Train - that's there already), with Frozen getting a full port of Arrendelle in DisneySea.

novawildcat18

What else could be in the BatB area? It seems massive. I can imagine Beast's Castle and a little village but it seems to be much bigger than that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom