POFQ or CSR

ArielLover

Original Poster
So we are booked 4/26/15 through 5/8/15 at POFQ, booked at rack rates but waiting for deals (hopefully in December). Been ding some research and now we are considering the Coranado Springs Resort. The different version of a food court appeals to us. I stayed there a long time ago with my daughter and ex wife but do not have a ton of recollection - not sure it was the best resort for a 9yo. This trip it will just be me and the wife. We have staid at POFQ 3 times and WL once.

The things we like about POFQ -

-Smaller resort
-boat to DTD
-King size room with water view
-less kids

Reasons to consider CSR or not

-Larger resort (negative)
-less kids (positive)
-Food court (positive)
-Seems like a higher price than POFQ (Negative)

Would appreciate any thoughts or opinions you all may have.

Joe

DisneyGigi

Booked for PORS originally this year and had to switch to CSR when at first free dining wasn't offered for that resort. We later got a pin but I stuck with CSR even though there were some negative reports. I loved it! Quiet, beautiful and doesn't seem too big at all. We don't do buses, we drive to the parks but we were facing the water in Cabanas 8b, right beside the laundry. We used the main areas for drinks in the morning and honestly, it was just a nice walk to there. Plus always someone offering you a ride in the golf carts. We rebooked bounce back for this year. We all loved it! It is spread out but in a great way.

JasonDeyoung

I personally prefer POFQ it's just ideal in my opinion to everything I look for. Now Coronado I have stayed at many times as well. It is bigger, busses are hit or miss can be long rides due to the # of stops or not bad at all. There are two quiet pools if you don't use the main pool. Pending the building it could be a bit of a walk or no walk at all, I've had preferred rooms which were awesome and I've had the farthest possible room and was around a 10 minute walk each way. It does have a sit down as FQ does not. Gift shops are mostly the same. Food court has more options than FQ if you plan on eating at the resort more. There is also a bar/club if u want a night out at the resort. But then u go back to FQ where you're just quick boat to dtd. Can't go wrong just all depends on your needs or wants. If you're going to visit Epcot or MK more I'd do FQ as its closer by bus.

Last edited:

Buzz2001

My family loves CSR! Besides having a great main pool area, CSR offers a few deluxe amenities at a mod price. They are home to the largest hot tub and one of the longest pool slides on Disney property. The pool, slide, arcade and playground area are all located at the main pool.

The rooms have queen beds, a sliding wooden door separating the sink area from the room (can be good for little ones napping in a pack n play) but only one sink (for now). CBR is starting to get the sliding doors with this latest rehab too. A CSR rehab will begin in January 2015 to freshen up the rooms.

CSR also offers business class level rooms with access to the Coconino lounge. Other amenities include a fitness center, spa, free wi-fi, tanning beds, a sauna, salon, full menu room service and a night/dance club.

They offer the same toiletries as the deluxes (except GF). CSR has separate shampoo and conditioner instead of the shampoo/conditioner combo at the other mods and values (a small thing, I know, but it means I don't have to pack shampoo and conditioner).

Bus service is terrific and is not shared with another resort.

WDWoptmist

CSR should not be more expensive than POFQ to start but I prefer everything but the pool area at POFQ over CSR and I actually really like CSR, it is just a little too sprawling and I like the intimate feel of POFQ over the at times convention center feel of CSR and dont forget beignets! lol

FLFQTR

Both resorts are great we prefer POFQ due to the smaller size, one bus stop, and overall better location to get to Downtown Disney, ect....

ArielLover

Original Poster
CSR should not be more expensive than POFQ to start but I prefer everything but the pool area at POFQ over CSR and I actually really like CSR, it is just a little too sprawling and I like the intimate feel of POFQ over the at times convention center feel of CSR and dont forget beignets! lol

I agree but when I priced out both options exactly the same way CSR was a few hundred dollars higher.

WDWoptmist

CSR is a bit more per night because of the added perks. Are you comparing standard room to standard room?
Weird for passholders CSR is always cheaper than either of the PO resorts just looked now and CSR is 125.20 per night in "Late Winter" and POFQ is 137.70 (Yes both standard rooms)...should not have looked though now I want to book those are pretty nice rates :D

aw14

I have stayed at CSR twice and FQ once, and each have their benefits. I will say, for us, FQ will win out. ITs so small and so quiet, we absolutely love it.

DizneyPryncess

Love POFQ for it's smaller size. After a day in the parks we like the quiet. The ferry ride to DTD is a great perk too. We just booked for there for 2015. :)

WDWoptmist

Looking at the rack rates on mousesavers for a standard room, you'll see that CSR is more for most weeks in 2015.

http://www.mousesavers.com/2015-port-orleans-french-quarter-room-rates-season-dates/

http://www.mousesavers.com/2015-coronado-springs-room-rates-season-dates/
Yeah but who pays rack rates :D lol honestly Ive never looked at rack rates so I never noticed it...funny how Coronado always is discounted more though probably due to the size of the resort they have more rooms to sell to locals at the last minute like myself

ArielLover

Original Poster
Yeah but who pays rack rates :D lol honestly Ive never looked at rack rates so I never noticed it...funny how Coronado always is discounted more though probably due to the size of the resort they have more rooms to sell to locals at the last minute like myself

A lot of people (myself included) have to book at rack rates because they do not have a discount to apply when they book (local or Annual Pass Holder). I book and then hope for a deal later on ( VISA or public deal). I think there are many many people that do this the same way I do.

Last edited:

JohnD

So we are booked 4/26/15 through 5/8/15 at POFQ, booked at rack rates but waiting for deals (hopefully in December). Been ding some research and now we are considering the Coranado Springs Resort. The different version of a food court appeals to us. I stayed there a long time ago with my daughter and ex wife but do not have a ton of recollection - not sure it was the best resort for a 9yo. This trip it will just be me and the wife. We have staid at POFQ 3 times and WL once.

The things we like about POFQ -

-Smaller resort
-boat to DTD
-King size room with water view
-less kids

Reasons to consider CSR or not

-Larger resort (negative)
-less kids (positive)
-Food court (positive)
-Seems like a higher price than POFQ (Negative)

Would appreciate any thoughts or opinions you all may have.

Joe

Yes. Actually, I like CSR. If you've never been, you should stay at least once. I stayed in the Casitas section which isn't very far from the buses and food court.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom